ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Columbia Airport 1994
© Mark Seliger

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Seeing this Brian header... Return to archive
May 25th, 2004 02:51 AM
FotiniD ... got me thinking of how Brian would have evolved both as a musician and personality-wise had the "accident" never happened. Cause he just looks so different here than in any other picture I've ever seen of him, kind of calmer and more together - of course it's just a picture and it's naive to make judgements based on that, but still... (By the way, this is one great picture and thanks a lot!).

I started having visions of him doing wonderful solo records and maybe even re-joining the Stones in the future... Now, how totally different would all things have been?
May 25th, 2004 06:49 AM
nankerphelge Can you imagine the number of Jones vs. Taylor threads that would have spawned.

"No one can play guitar with the fluidity and grace of Mick Taylor -- he personifies the Stones golden age"

"Bullshit, Brain is a multi-instrumentalist that understands the Stones roots -- the lifeblood -- he should get his old job back -- he would have played You Got To Move better than Taylor"

May 25th, 2004 07:28 AM
Steel Wheels Sadly, both are gone.
May 25th, 2004 07:49 AM
luxury1 I think the pairing of the horizontal striped shirt with the vertically striped pants killed him.
[Edited by luxury1]
May 25th, 2004 08:45 AM
Helmut As far as I remember that's the last day with known pictures of Brian, there were at least a couple of photgraphers (fans or friends, not professionals) that day at Brain's Cotchford Farm and this is one of them
May 25th, 2004 09:20 AM
dkmonroe Sadly, I have the opposite impression when I see this photo. Maybe it's not this one particularly, but I've seen others from the same batch, and he looks flabby and out of it. I think he was truly in very poor health when he died. Nothing he couldn't have recovered from, but I think the tales of Brian rebounding dramatically from the Stones are greatly exaggerated.

That's not to say that there weren't shady circumstances surrounding his death - there certainly were - but I think he was months, maybe a couple years, certainly a few hospital trips, away from a true recovery.
May 25th, 2004 09:48 AM
FotiniD I believe he would have recovered, quit or reduce drug taking and moved on, as the rest of them. It always strikes to me like Brian just didn't have the time the rest of the Stones and friends, etc. were given.

And although predicting the future is not amongst my talents, I'd have to say I have a feeling he would have made some pretty good musical gems had he lived, judging from his previous work.
May 25th, 2004 09:39 PM
quackenbush Brian looks like he has tits in this picture.
May 26th, 2004 12:08 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl A picture of high value! One of the last known photos, when he was not a rolling stone anymore, some days before passing, May 69