ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Columbia Airport 1994
© Mark Seliger

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Travelling Man! Return to archive
May 24th, 2004 07:30 AM
Monkeytonkman Can anyone tell me a bit about this tune?

Which boots can it be found on, how old is it, what kind of vibe is it.

I needs to get myself a copy so any help would be a beautiful thing

Love to you.

Monkeytonk.
May 24th, 2004 07:35 AM
BillyBoll Marko put together a great collection of Unreleased Gems which includes this. I will copy it for you if you PM me with your address.
May 24th, 2004 07:47 AM
marko Its on MANY boots.But the one i used,is from "Hillside blues".
May 24th, 2004 10:29 AM
jpenn11 Can't find the site right now, but this was included in a review of Hillside Blues and is the only substantive information I've found on Travellin Man:

"Two tracks that Mick Taylor used to get his fingers warmed up, Travellin' Man and the untitled closing song, (Trident Jam) let Mick scream leads throughout the entire track, while Keith holds down the rock solid rhythm."

Also, Nico's site says it was recorded in October '70 with Nicky Hopkins on piano. (www.nzentgraf.de)