ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Columbia Airport 1994
© Mark Seliger

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Black Limousine Return to archive
May 24th, 2004 05:20 AM
headshrinker I'm a reletively new fan and have just discovered this song. The guitars rock!! i was wondering if n e 1 could suggest the best version of this song when it was played live (81-82).

Just imagine if Mick Taylor had of been let loose on this bad boy!!
May 24th, 2004 07:06 AM
Gazza It was pretty good throughout 81-82, but I prefrred the version they did in '95 when it was played at the club shows.

Theres a nice live b-side fom '95. Its also on the "Stripped Companion" bootleg, if my memory serves me correctly
May 24th, 2004 07:16 AM
Zack Let's not drag Mick Taylor into one of the few moments where Ronnie really shines. The song suits his style.
May 24th, 2004 07:37 AM
BillyBoll I think it was a Jagger/Richard/Wood song wasnt it? Even if he is not credited with it, I'm sure that he cowrote it!

Yeah, fantastic version on Stripped Companion.
May 24th, 2004 07:44 AM
marko Billy,yer right.And so is Gazza,it was "b-side" on a like
rolling stone cd-single.Version is from Brixton Academy.
It is also on very much liked boot,Stripped Companion.
May 24th, 2004 07:55 AM
Gazza It is indeed a Jagger/Richards/Wood song, which basically means its a song HALF written by Ronnie - with Keith, I think
May 24th, 2004 08:01 AM
F505 Also a great version of Black Limousine: Hampton 1981
May 24th, 2004 08:04 AM
T&A Personally, I think the best versions were definitely in '81 - check out both Hampton and Seattle (10-15) as primo examples....
May 24th, 2004 10:37 AM
jpenn11 Speaking of not dragging Taylor in . . .

He may have actually played on BL in Kansas City 1981. Many sources have him coming in a few songs later, but--if memory serves--you can hear MJ say, "Thank you Mick" at the end of the song, and there are some MT-like fills in BL and WTWCD. Haven't listened to this in a while though so this could be the sounds a hangover makes.

May 24th, 2004 11:08 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
jpenn11 wrote:
Speaking of not dragging Taylor in . . .

He may have actually played on BL in Kansas City 1981. Many sources have him coming in a few songs later, but--if memory serves--you can hear MJ say, "Thank you Mick" at the end of the song, and there are some MT-like fills in BL and WTWCD. Haven't listened to this in a while though so this could be the sounds a hangover makes.

Kemper Arena, 15-Dec-81.
May 24th, 2004 04:06 PM
jpenn11 Actually, he seems to have been there on the 14th. The 14th and 15th come in 4-cdr sets and bootleggers sometimes package them so that it appears MT was there on both nights.

On the 15th he was in Granite, Illinois or Ohio. I think there is a ticket stub on Nico's site.

But we digress from the topic at hand.

May 24th, 2004 11:14 PM
T&A MT's definitely there on BL - you can hear some of his lines if you listen carefully.
May 25th, 2004 12:19 AM
sammy davis jr. Woody's best performance as a Stone by far. Great blues song done only as the Stones could do it.
May 25th, 2004 03:51 PM
exilestones@netscape tHE kING bISCUIT fLOWER hOUR HAS A NICE bLACK lIMO FROM 1981 LIVE. mICK tAYLOR ISN'T ON IT.
May 25th, 2004 05:11 PM
Saint Sway check out Ronnie Woods version of this with Bernard Fowler on vocals on his live album (I forget the name of it)
May 25th, 2004 11:31 PM
TomL Buffalo 81 rocked. It was raw and clean.
May 26th, 2004 11:27 PM
Scottfree
quote:
TomL wrote:
Buffalo 81 rocked. It was raw and clean.

Isn't this an Oxymoron when applied to the Stones?
[Edited by Scottfree]