ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Columbia Airport 1994
© Mark Seliger

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What's up with Keith?!? Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 24th, 2004 04:59 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
jb wrote:
he puts down Jagger, yet he can't hold up his end of the band anymore...

There's truth in that, jb, but if Mick can cope with that, why should we pass judgement? "Do not judge and you shall not be judged". Isn't that in the Bible?
May 25th, 2004 02:26 AM
LuckyWithTheLadies I don't follow the Stones like I used to and therefore don't have the boots to pull out and prove my point. (Sold most of them, sadly, a few years back.) But if I remember correctly there are a number of boots from the 70s and 80s that have a flubbed intro to Brown Sugar. Keith was certainly not arthiritc back than. The intro is nearly completely buried in the mix on the movie Let's Spend the Night Together because, I always figured, on that night Keith, or his equipment, bombed on the intro - or it failed to record properly and an overdub for some reason couldn't be done convinceingly with the video. The same thing is true of Start Me Up on that tour. And if I may put forward a piece of personal philosophy (as Alice Cooper might say), open G didn't cut through the mix like a knife as it did back in '72 until the '89 tour. Between '81 and '89 quitar magizine took open G to the people. And Keith, aided by the sound man, stepped up to the plate and gave his fans what they wanted - crisp, clean, loud, deliously crunched open G chords. Post '89, open G once again seems to be slipping away (no bun intended), with the sound man mixing keith's quitar ever thinner and thinner, often turning him down almost completely in the mix as soon as the intro chords are played. A good example is the Bridges DVD. Hell, next tour Chuck level might be doing the intros on his play-along-with-the-boys-in-the-band keyboard. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and in the hour of our death.

But what I was gunna say was, when you are playing live shit happens, and it ain't always a health problem. And it ain't always a health problem that makes a man change his playing style. Keith hasn't cranked out Chuck Berry style lead breaks with much elan since 1978. His style of playing has changed. Could be a health issue, I don't know.
May 25th, 2004 03:48 AM
zebulon What's with Keith?

Damit, he's doing alright!!!

=> http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/pop/apmusic_story.asp?category=1403&slug=People%20Keith%20Richards
May 25th, 2004 05:53 AM
Zack Dude, you shouldn't have sold your bootlegs. For one reason, I think you need to go back and listen to them again. In 81-82 Keith was, as Ronnie said after Little T&A in Naples, "shi' 'ot!" I have a half dozen shows from that tour and I don't know what you are talking about.

I don't understan what you are saying aboutthat open G either.
May 25th, 2004 12:39 PM
LuckyWithTheLadies I often confuse myself.
May 25th, 2004 02:56 PM
Joey

I am seriously thinking of giving the Stones the " skip " next year . Anyone else thinking along those same lines ?!?!?!

Developing ..............................................

Shiver ...................................................

Bercee Jercee Joe
May 25th, 2004 04:03 PM
scratched
quote:
Joey wrote:

I am seriously thinking of giving the Stones the " skip " next year . Anyone else thinking along those same lines ?!?!?!

Nope.
May 25th, 2004 04:33 PM
zebulon
quote:
Joey wrote:
I am seriously thinking of giving the Stones the " skip " next year .

You kidding?

Ok, you skip.
I won't...
May 25th, 2004 04:40 PM
Joey

Page: 1 2