ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Columbia Airport 1994
© Mark Seliger

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: bill Return to archive
May 21st, 2004 04:16 PM
Moonisup bill said that France was great
and when the interviewer said: Great people he said: fuck off, meaning not
even claiming he did not make that much money with the stones, well he made more money then I ever will!
He is a great player, but a bitter old men
May 21st, 2004 05:07 PM
Main Offender Where is this quoted from? I went to Bill's book signing and I found him to be pleasant and (a bit) friendly. Maybe he was happy I bought the book.
May 21st, 2004 05:08 PM
Moonisup this bit was on Dutch tv, and it was only 5 minutes, so they probably the interesting things to show this crap
May 21st, 2004 08:00 PM
cwatts0462 bill is an idiot for leaving the stones just as they
started to make the mega bucks, serves him right
May 22nd, 2004 05:26 PM
Gazza I dont agree. He knew what he was doing and he was already more than set up for life, why shouldn't he quit when he wanted to?

He didnt want to fly any more, no longer cared for the band's music and had a new family - something he'd neglected down the years with his first family and had regretted doing. As Keith put it (after he'd come to terms with him leaving), if you're NOT into it 100%, youre 'dragging' the rest of the band. He did himself and the rest of the band a favour by being honest with himself.

If anything, I cant see why he SHOULD have stayed. It takes a bit of resolve to do what he did instead of taking the easy "only in it for the money" safe option that most people would have done.

As for him being an 'idiot', I've never seen an interview with him since he left where he's given any indication that he's regretted doing what he did for a second.
May 23rd, 2004 12:55 PM
Water Dragon Good Morning Gazza - Will you be going to any of The Rhythm King's shows this summer?
May 23rd, 2004 02:55 PM
Hannalee Wel I like Bill. I expect to see him at the RAH on the 21st of next month. With a bit of luck Ronnie'll be there, too. And on the 24th, maybe. (The Lonnie Donegan tribute, then Jeff Beck).
I'm sure Bill will be in fine fettle.

I thought the new Rhythm Kings album was great and, with a bit of luck, the DVD should arrive on Tuesday .

May 23rd, 2004 06:00 PM
Gazza >Good Morning Gazza - Will you be going to any of The Rhythm King's shows this summer?

well,I live in Belfast and he hasn't deemed the Emerald Isle worthy of a visit yet, so I doubt it. Going to mainland Britain for one show means two days off work if it's midweek and theres only a few people I'd go to that trouble to see. (I have trips to Birmingham and Glasgow comin' up next month to see The Who and Dylan respectively). I'd consider goin' to see Bill if he played in Dublin but wouldnt go as far as England to catch him.
May 23rd, 2004 06:11 PM
Water Dragon Hi Gazza - I think you are going to get your wish. - These are from the billwyman.com site...The Rhythm King's Irish tour dates:

Tuesday 20th July 2004 Galway Arts Festival, Galway REPUBLIC OF IRELAND
Wednesday 21st July 2004 Vicar Street, Dublin
REPUBLIC OF IRELAND

I hope they don't conflict with your other big shows! I look forward to reading your reviews.
May 24th, 2004 01:49 PM
jb I assume Bill is O.K. financially. However, when listening to Charlie's latest interview at a London radio station, he indicated he was sorry Bill left as they have made a lot of money from the tours since his departure and that he(Bill) had a new family and could have used the $$$.
[Edited by jb]