ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Columbia Airport 1994
© Mark Seliger

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Memo from Turner - LIVE! Return to archive
May 20th, 2004 06:00 PM
Saint Sway Rich Robinson of the Black Crowes has a live album available on his website that includes his kick ass cover of "Memo From Turner"

check it out!

www.richrobinson.net

http://www.dynasonic.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=7
May 20th, 2004 09:41 PM
wkoetke Sway:

Thanks for the post. Hope you're well out there. Keep up the occasional crowes/robinson info, for that small crew of us that love 'em. Sooner or later there might be more of us on this board. After all, it only took me about 5 years of your constant taunting before I saw the light. Come to think of it, I saw the light just in time for the band to self destruct again. Heh. Oh well. Sway, you rock.

Walt
May 21st, 2004 02:22 PM
Saint Sway Lethargy! I feel like I havent heard from you in ages - hope all is well.

you know me - always trying to turn a fellow Stones freak onto the Crowes. Glad I have at least one convert

happy to report that Rich Robinsons debut solo album is finished and it will be out by July. Even happier to report that he has a nasty sounding song called "Take On Me" with a geetar riff that is oh so Keef Riff Hard
May 21st, 2004 03:18 PM
goatshead Very cool that Memo From Turner is included. I also noticed that Moonlight Mile is included as well.
May 21st, 2004 03:42 PM
NHStonesfan Nice to hear I'm not alone as a Black Crowes
fan. They are my favorite post 1990 group
and were spectacular in concert at the small
venue that I saw them.

They definite have some stonesian riffs.

I listen 90% of the time to the Stones

May 21st, 2004 04:57 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
goatshead wrote:
I also noticed that Moonlight Mile is included as well.

is it?? thats cool! Originally he was against including it because of some sound problems during that track. I guess he decided to put it back in. I absolutely love that song. And he performed it that night with a string orchestra!

damn! Memo From Turner AND Moonlight Mile!

I was really hoping that he would include it! Rich is as huge a Stones fan as any of us and I could see why he wouldnt want to release it if he thought it wasnt up to snuff

if any of you pick up the show I'd love to hear some feedback
May 22nd, 2004 12:26 PM
wkoetke Sway, according to richrobinson.net, Moonlight Mile is included. But its not included on the list when you go to buy the CD from Dynasonic. Which I just did, by the way. Can't wait to give it a listen!
May 24th, 2004 01:07 PM
Saint Sway I hope both "Memo From Turner" AND "Moonlight Mile" are both on this!

theres some other cool covers too. A rockin version of The Bands "Dont Do It" and a great duet of Emylou Harris' "Green Pastures"

btw, Rich Robinson turns 35 today! Yes, he shares the same birthdate with Bob Dylan!

May 24th, 2004 01:43 PM
Saint Sway OK. Just so there is no more confusion over this:

"Moonlight Mile" is not included on this CD

regardless of what the site lists, Moonlight Mile is not on the CD

thats the bad news. The good news is still that "Memo From Turner" is included. And the show rocks.

enjoy