ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Columbia Airport 1994
© Mark Seliger

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylantour '04 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
March 11th, 2004 08:29 PM
PolkSalad
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

do you know how to use Bit Torrent..?

Caution, it's very addictive.
March 12th, 2004 09:12 PM
mac_daddy wheee!!!!!!!

anybody here attend these..?

_____

(not my notes)

Bob Dylan, 3/1/04, St. Louis, Missouri, The Pageant, 2CDR

(61min+46min), BW version (shure r184b super cardiod mics>pre-amp>sony tcd-d8 dat); cdrs > eac > wav > shn;
excellent sound

CD1
1 Drifter's Escape (Bob on piano and harp, George on drums),
2 It's All Over Now, Baby Blue (Bob on piano, Larry on pedal steel, George and Richie on drums),
3 Cry A While (Bob on piano, Larry on slide guitar, George and Richie on drums),
4 The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll (Bob on piano, Larry on acoustic guitar, George on drums),
5 It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) (Bob on piano, Larry on cittern, George on drums),
6 Girl Of The North Country (acoustic), (Bob on piano and harp, Freddy on electric guitar, Larry on acoustic guitar, Tony on standup bass, George on drums),
7 Things Have Changed (Bob on piano, George and Richie on drums),
8 Highway 61 Revisited (Bob on piano, Freddy on slide guitar, George and Richie on drums),
9 Make You Feel My Love (Bob on piano and harp, George and Richie on drums),
10 Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum (Bob on piano, Freddie on slide guitar, Richie on congas, George on drums),

CD2
1 Man In The Long Black Coat (Bob on piano, Larry on acoustic guitar, George and Richie on drums),
2 Honest With Me (Bob on piano, Larry on slide guitar, George on drums),
3 Saving Grace (Bob on piano and harp, Larry on pedal steel, Richie on drums),
4 Summer Days (Bob on piano, Tony on standup bass, Goerge and Richie on drums),
5 (encore), Cat's In The Well (Bob on piano, George on drums),
6 Like A Rolling Stone (Bob on piano, George on drums),
7 short
8 All Along The Watchtower (Bob on piano, George on drums)

Chicago, Illinois
Vic Theatre
March 7, 2004

BW version (shure r184b super cardiod mics > pre-amp > sony tcd-d8 dat)
DAT > shn > shntool fixed
excellent sound

Disc One
1 Tombstone Blues
2 It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
3 Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
4 Love Sick
5 Stuck Inside Of Mobile
6 Moonlight
7 Cold Irons Bound
8 Boots Of Spanish Leather
9 Highway 61 Revisited
10 Blind Willie McTell
Disc Two
1 Floater (Too Much To Ask)
2 Honest With Me
3 Saving Grace
4 Summer Days
5 - break before the encore -
6 Cat's In The Well / Like A Rolling Stone
7 Band intro
8 All Along The Watchtower

Band Members
Bob Dylan - piano, harp
Larry Campbell - guitar, slide guitar, cittern, pedal steel
Freddy Koella - guitar, violin
Tony Garnier - bass
George Recile - drums
Richie Hayward - drums

March 13th, 2004 12:58 AM
polksalad69 ^^^

No I did not attend any of the Chicago shows. I won't pay that kind of cash and I've never been much of a fan (until now). Someone on the Hank III board taped one of the St Louis shows (where there more than one?) Those aren't his notes tho...
March 13th, 2004 08:04 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Ooh, sweet, 3/7 is up. I'm on it. 8 new tunes in one night... go Bob! (Apparently it was the best of the concerts - he milks "The winds in Chicago" from "Cold Irons Bound" for all they're worth)

-tSYX --- Reality has always had too many heads...
March 13th, 2004 08:51 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
polksalad69 wrote:
^^^

No I did not attend any of the Chicago shows. I won't pay that kind of cash and I've never been much of a fan (until now). Someone on the Hank III board taped one of the St Louis shows (where there more than one?) Those aren't his notes tho...

With the Aragon's capacity of 4600, it was the largest venue of the four in Chicago. Every show that passed got smaller - 2500, 1400 and 1000. Park West (1000 cap) tickets were around $80 each, total. You honestly think that's a lot to see Dylan in a "theatre/club"?

I'm not saying everyone should afford these shows. What I'm saying is, when you compare other artists and venues they play, these shows are, imo, reasonable and intimate.
March 13th, 2004 12:46 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

I'm not saying everyone should afford these shows. What I'm saying is, when you compare other artists and venues they play, these shows are, imo, reasonable and intimate.

Maybe it is affordable. I can afford that but being a cheap Bohemian (Czech not beat) I'm not going to go just to go. I am not a Dylan fan. I am gaining an appreciation for the man from the shows that have been released however.

I totally understand about intimate clubs. I have not been to a big show in years. The last time I was at the Aragon was in '96. I consider the Aragon big. Harlem Ave Lounge for $5 or $8 is on my radar for tonight.
March 13th, 2004 02:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot I am so bummin'.

I've been trying to get tix for the 4/3 show in DC for myself and some pals, but can't seem to find any.

I checked ticketmaster and they had tix...I checked in with my pals, and when I went back to get the tix...they wuz gone. Been checking in every day, many times a day...no luck.

My armor is gonna rust from all my tears.
March 13th, 2004 06:33 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I am so bummin'.

I've been trying to get tix for the 4/3 show in DC for myself and some pals, but can't seem to find any.

I checked ticketmaster and they had tix...I checked in with my pals, and when I went back to get the tix...they wuz gone. Been checking in every day, many times a day...no luck.

SS, keep your eyes peeled. A third DC show for Friday the 2nd is likely to be added. Same thing with an additional Philly show on the 31st.

See here:
http://my.execpc.com/~billp61/dates.html

And watch here:
http://bobdylan.com/live/

I should also mention, watch the ticket exchange page to see if anything comes up for this, or any other date.
http://my.execpc.com/~billp61/ticket.html

[Edited by Lazy Bones]
March 15th, 2004 05:00 AM
mac_daddy Bob Dylan : 2004-03-06 Chicago Riviera

Chicago, Illinois
Riviera Theatre
March 6, 2004

thanks to JJ and those who feed us

BW version (shure r184b super cardiod mics > pre-amp > sony tcd-d8 dat)
DAT > shn > shntool fixed
excellent sound

The first track contained the Intro and Songs 1-3. I took the liberty of cutting
them into separate tracks. The geneology from there is as such: shn (mkw)> wave >
edit Sound Forge 6.0 >shntool > fixed > shn (mkw)

Disc One
1 Intro
2 Drifter's Escape
3 It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
4 Cry A While
5 The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll
6 Things Have Changed
7 Tell Me That it Isn't True
8 Down Along the Cove
9 It Ain't Me, Babe
10 Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
11 Girl of the North Country
12 Most Likely You Go Your Way and I'll Go Mine

Disc Two
13 Honest With Me
14 Every Grain of Sand
15 Summer Days
16 Cat's in the Well
17 Like a Rolling Stone
18 Crowd Noise
19 All Along the Watchtower

Band Members
Bob Dylan - piano, harp
Larry Campbell - guitar, slide guitar, cittern, pedal steel
Freddy Koella - guitar, violin
Tony Garnier - bass
George Recile - drums
Richie Hayward - drums
March 17th, 2004 08:45 AM
mac_daddy Bob Dylan & His Band
March 8, 2004
Park West
Chicago, Illinois

Wario Master:
Shure MX185 > Core Sound Mic2496 > Sony PCM-M1 DAT > M-Audio Audiophile 2496

Disc 1:
1. intro
2. Tangled Up In Blue (acoustic)
3. Don't Think Twice, It's All Right (acoustic)
4. High Water (For Charley Patton)
5. Silvio
6. Positively 4th Street
7. Watching The River Flow
8. Lay, Lady, Lay
9. Cold Irons Bound
10. Rainy Day Women #12 & 35

Disc 2:
1. Bye And Bye
2. Dignity
3. Honest With Me
4. Shooting Star
5. Summer Days
(1st encore)
6. Man In The Long Black Coat
7. Cat's In The Well
8. Like A Rolling Stone
(2nd encore)
9. All Along The Watchtower
March 17th, 2004 01:00 PM
GimmeExile How 'bout sharing some of these shows?
March 17th, 2004 01:16 PM
Factory Girl Hey Lazy, where in DC is Bob playing on 4/2?
March 17th, 2004 01:24 PM
polksalad69
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
How 'bout sharing some of these shows?

Got high speed internet?

http://www.sharingthegroove.org/msgboard/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=17
[Edited by polksalad69]
March 17th, 2004 01:57 PM
Martha
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I am so bummin'.

Sir Stonesalot...I'm on it. Checking on a ticket for you right now from a library outside of Detroit Rock City! Last night KILLED. You gots to go! I'll let you kow if the ticket is available as soon as I know.

If I can't find out before I split from the library, I'll be unable to e-mail until sometime Thursday evening. I'll let you know somehow as soon as I find out if the ticket is still around.

You'll get there somehow!!!!

xxxooo,

Martha
March 17th, 2004 02:20 PM
Sir Stonesalot That's great Martha.

I'm feeling so awful right now that that would be real pick me up.

I got strep throat. Gotta smash up my pills into powder because it's the only way I can swallow them. Haven't had solid food in 3 days now. Today is the first time in 3 days that I'm not running a fever. So maybe that is a sign that I'll be getting better soon. I hope. I hate being ill...and I'm a REALLY bad patient...mostly because I'm such a wuss. I bitch and whine and moan....not so much this time though. It hurt too much to talk. Oh, and I bet I haven't had anything more than a 20-30 minute nap in the last 3 days either. Everytime I fall asleep, I swallow, and the pain wakes me up. The doc assures me that I'll be feeling much better in another 24 hours. I'm gonna hold her to it.
March 17th, 2004 02:25 PM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
That's great Martha.

I'm feeling so awful right now that that would be real pick me up.

I got strep throat. Gotta smash up my pills into powder because it's the only way I can swallow them. Haven't had solid food in 3 days now. Today is the first time in 3 days that I'm not running a fever. So maybe that is a sign that I'll be getting better soon. I hope. I hate being ill...and I'm a REALLY bad patient...mostly because I'm such a wuss. I bitch and whine and moan....not so much this time though. It hurt too much to talk. Oh, and I bet I haven't had anything more than a 20-30 minute nap in the last 3 days either. Everytime I fall asleep, I swallow, and the pain wakes me up. The doc assures me that I'll be feeling much better in another 24 hours. I'm gonna hold her to it.

I will say a Prayer for you Stoney .

I got strep throat two years ago and it took me a week to get over it ..............it's the sheer exhaustion that weighs one down from fighting that sore throat .

I certainly hope you are taking some strong Antibiotics .

Developing ....................................

J- J- J- J- J- Jacky !
March 17th, 2004 02:56 PM
Gazza >Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I am so bummin'.

Dylan's now playing a third Philly show at the Trocadero Theatre, Philadelphia on 31st March. Tickets are on sale this saturday at 10 am in person ONLy from their box office.

Hopefully that'll make you feel better. Get well soon.

I just got a nice Dylan double whammy today for St Patricks Day. An outdoor show in Galway confirmed for Sunday 27th June and even better...a surprise addition of Belfast for his first show here in 6 years. Exact info still TBA. Probably indoors, I'd imagine!
March 17th, 2004 03:12 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Hey Lazy, where in DC is Bob playing on 4/2?

He's playing at our beloved 9:30 Club...Are you going to the Bender and Warner shows?
March 17th, 2004 03:44 PM
Factory Girl Gimme, thanks for the info. I'm passing on Bender & Warner.

Thanks, again.
March 17th, 2004 03:47 PM
Factory Girl Gimme, 9:30 just told me "To keep doing research". They're not confirming, yet .
March 17th, 2004 04:00 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Gimme, 9:30 just told me "To keep doing research". They're not confirming, yet .

The 9:30 employees are a tough crowd; they deny everything! FG, take a look at the schedule (notice 4/2 is open!)
March 17th, 2004 04:15 PM
Factory Girl Gimme, I checked out their schedule. Excellent call on your part.
March 17th, 2004 04:24 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I just got a nice Dylan double whammy today for St Patricks Day. An outdoor show in Galway confirmed for Sunday 27th June and even better...a surprise addition of Belfast for his first show here in 6 years. Exact info still TBA. Probably indoors, I'd imagine!

Gazza, did the Galway show end up being Jim's? There was an article posted on Expecting Rain with more rumblings about that show a couple days ago. I trust you saw it...

Here it is - from the Galway Advertiser:

http://www.galwayadvertiser.ie/dws/story.tpl?inc=2004/02/12/news/42766.html

March 17th, 2004 11:20 PM
Phog Goddamn, Jack White joined Dylan onstage tonight for a version of "Ball and Biscuit". Lucky Martha.
March 18th, 2004 07:47 PM
Martha
quote:
Phog wrote:
Goddamn, Jack White joined Dylan onstage tonight for a version of "Ball and Biscuit". Lucky Martha.

LUCKY! I call it blessed beyond belief! I'll have my review of all three shows in by tomorrow. I am the happiest Martha I know right now!

YES!
March 18th, 2004 08:58 PM
mac_daddy can't wait to hear that Detroit show - how fun!!!

_____

were any of you at the show on March 7? I am listening to it now, and I am enjoying it alot!! While I am only as deep as tweedly dee, so far, the performance is good, and the recording is, too...

how many shows were in Chiicago? I figure I'll vine them all as a set, assuming they pass quality control If they don't I'll do something different, but, tentatively (sp) speaking, I will do it that way...

how many CHI shows were there? What were the dates?

March 18th, 2004 09:04 PM
PolkSalad
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

how many shows were in Chiicago? I figure I'll vine them all as a set, assuming they pass quality control If they don't I'll do something different, but, tentatively (sp) speaking, I will do it that way...

how many CHI shows were there? What were the dates?

IV?
March 18th, 2004 09:06 PM
mac_daddy >>>> iv

right...

3/1, 3, 6, 7 ????
March 18th, 2004 09:13 PM
polksalad69
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
>>>> iv

right...

3/1, 3, 6, 7 ????

Monday, March 8 @ the Park West. Wasn't 3/1 and 3/3 in St Louis?

Chicago Tribune
March 10, 2004

quote:
Through most of a four-night Chicago stand, Bob Dylan looked as if he just wanted to disappear into the music. But Monday at Park West, the singer finally rose out of the shadows to deliver a knockout punch.
March 18th, 2004 09:15 PM
PolkSalad Bob Dylan, 3/1/04, St. Louis, Missouri, The Pageant, 2CDR

Bob Dylan & His Band
March 8, 2004
Park West
Chicago, Illinois

Chicago, Illinois
Vic Theatre
March 7, 2004

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7