ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Happy 66th Birthday Charlie!"
"Don’t ever call me your fucking drummer! You’re my fucking singer!"
(Charlie to Mick, Amsterdam, mid-80's)
© 1965 Jeri Holloway (Web Premier of this picture tonight)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith On E! Channel Return to archive
25th May 2007 01:05 PM
glencar They just had a "Live From The Red Carpet" special from last week's premiere at Disneyland & Keith was briefly interviewed. He looked ragged but sounded fine. The mini-strokes are certainly in his past!
25th May 2007 01:07 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
They just had a "Live From The Red Carpet" special from last week's premiere at Disneyland & Keith was briefly interviewed. He looked ragged but sounded fine. The mini-strokes are certainly in his past!

Pug watched the exact same show and wrote an 9 paragraph long post IORR on why it looked like Keith was having a stroke when he walked down the red carpet.
25th May 2007 01:19 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
They just had a "Live From The Red Carpet" special from last week's premiere at Disneyland & Keith was briefly interviewed. He looked ragged but sounded fine. The mini-strokes are certainly in his past!

It's on over here now too...ends in 10 mins though. Hope I didnt miss Keith, but maybe they'll re-run it...
25th May 2007 01:20 PM
FotiniD
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Pug watched the exact same show and wrote an 9 paragraph long post IORR on why it looked like Keith was having a stroke when he walked down the red carpet.

Please tell me you're joking.
I read some posts on IORR speculating whether Keith's beer-belly was a sign of cirrhosis...
25th May 2007 01:20 PM
glencar I'm afraid you missed him. It was on about 11 minutes or so into the program. Of course, they'll repeat it! It IS the E! Channel, after all!
25th May 2007 01:23 PM
glencar Bad news. I just checked their schedule & it's not on again. Apparently they have found more important ways to fill their time...
25th May 2007 01:26 PM
glencar
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Please tell me you're joking.
I read some posts on IORR speculating whether Keith's beer-belly was a sign of cirrhosis...

LOL
25th May 2007 01:28 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm afraid you missed him. It was on about 11 minutes or so into the program. Of course, they'll repeat it! It IS the E! Channel, after all!

Thanks

Its repeated again on the E! Channel tomorrow (saturday) at 5.30 pm for anyone in the UK with Sky Television
25th May 2007 01:32 PM
Gazza
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

I'm not sure that its a beergut myself. .

And the speculation that from it's shape it looks more akin to some other medical reason isn't that new, in fact. I certainly recall it being discussed by some observers who have some medical knowledge last summer at Twickenham.
25th May 2007 03:04 PM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I'm not sure that its a beergut myself. .

And the speculation that from it's shape it looks more akin to some other medical reason isn't that new, in fact. I certainly recall it being discussed by some observers who have some medical knowledge last summer at Twickenham.

Well, there are a LOT of things that may be mistaken for symptoms of disease and though I'm not saying that Keith is the healthiest guy on earth, I think it's a bit of an over-reaction to see him put on some pounds and think it's a sign he's sick. If he was your average 64 year old, I don't think anyone would even notice.

I know guys half his age with a belly like that! And they're thin too!
25th May 2007 03:08 PM
Gazza An over-reaction? Yes...sure. I dont think he's particularly 'sick' (they wouldnt get insurance or medical clearance to tour if he was in a condition that caused some concern) but it would be quite natural that his insides would be in a bit of a state considering the lifestyle he has.
[Edited by Gazza]
25th May 2007 03:13 PM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:
An over-reaction? Yes...sure. I dont think he's particularly 'sick' (they wouldnt get insurance or medical clearance to tour if he was in a condition that caused some concern) but it would be quite natural that his insides would be in a bit of a state considering the lifestyle he has.
[Edited by Gazza]

Yeah, I don't doubt that either. But I was just thinking that sometimes we all still deal with Keith as if he's 20 years old "What, he's got a belly!" and all that. Stranger things happen to the body as one gets older, not to mention if that certain "one" has used every drug imaginable.
25th May 2007 03:18 PM
monkey_man I don't think this the E thing but enjoy anyhow.

25th May 2007 03:20 PM
monkey_man Maybe this . . .

26th May 2007 07:22 AM
corgi37 Right at the end of that clip you see the back of Keith's head. His battle with baldness is failing. He'd look cooler if he shaved his head.

I mean, it worked for Britney.
26th May 2007 08:15 AM
Lord Homosex No Keith will never shave his head. It's not his kind of coolness. That is the coolness of the generation following him; he wouldn't do it.
26th May 2007 09:01 AM
fireontheplatter
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Right at the end of that clip you see the back of Keith's head. His battle with baldness is failing. He'd look cooler if he shaved his head.

I mean, it worked for Britney.

keep the mustash and shave his head?

hmmmmm
26th May 2007 12:03 PM
Gazza
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Thanks

Its repeated again on the E! Channel tomorrow (saturday) at 5.30 pm for anyone in the UK with Sky Television

Its on TV here now (5 pm). Dont know if thats the same as the one at 5.30
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)