ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Happy 66th Birthday Charlie!"
"Don’t ever call me your fucking drummer! You’re my fucking singer!"
(Charlie to Mick, Amsterdam, mid-80's)
© 1965 Jeri Holloway (Web Premier of this picture tonight)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cream bassist says reunion in the works Return to archive
24th May 2007 06:03 PM
Gimme Shelter LONDON -

Jack Bruce says Cream is once again rising to the top. The bassist for the legendary rock group told The Associated Press on Thursday that he agreed recently to play an unspecified show or shows later this year with guitarist

Eric Clapton and drummer Ginger Baker.
Bruce would not say when the reunion would occur, but that it would not be the seven-continent Live Earth shows on July 7: "It's a bit later than that."
Bruce recently told the Scotsman newspaper there was no chance the band would reunite because of long-standing tension between him and Baker.
"Then, the next day, it came up we're doing something if I wanted to. Obviously, I'm not going to be the one to say no," Bruce told the AP during an appearance at the Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp.
Representatives for Clapton and Baker have not confirmed the reunion.
Infighting and ego clashes between Baker and Bruce go back decades, with Baker once firing his drum sticks at Bruce during a show and Bruce upending Baker's drum kit.
Clapton persuaded Bruce and Baker to reunite in 2005 after a 37-year split. But the ill will resurfaced, with Baker accusing Bruce of turning up his bass to deafening levels during a Madison Square Garden show, and Clapton appeared uncomfortable on stage.
However, Bruce played those 2005 shows about a year after receiving a liver transplant that kept him alive. He hopes another Cream reunion would be less physically and mentally stressful.
"I hadn't recovered properly yet, so I found it quite difficult," Bruce said. "Now I'm completely recovered so I would enjoy it more."
Bruce made an infrequent performance Thursday, playing Cream's "Sunshine of Your Love" and "White Room" with former Kiss guitarist Bruce Kulick, Bad Company drummer Simon Kirke and Queen keyboardist Spike Edney before about 75 spectators at the Fantasy Camp. Bruce also played Cream songs with the camp's amateur bands, composed of about 50 rock fans who paid upward of $15,000 each for the privilege.

24th May 2007 06:15 PM
fireontheplatter flashbacks duuuuuuuuuuuuuude
24th May 2007 06:34 PM
mojoman damn i hope this happens.....again
25th May 2007 09:35 AM
gimmekeef zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
25th May 2007 02:39 PM
Joey

I am now so excited that I could literally ...LITERALLY just drop a log .

25th May 2007 05:31 PM
3DTeafoe Clapton's Crossroads Festival, on the 28th of July in Chicago, would be a nice gig for a reunion.
25th May 2007 11:35 PM
mojoman
quote:
3DTeafoe wrote:
Clapton's Crossroads Festival, on the 28th of July in Chicago, would be a nice gig for a reunion.

a blind faith one?
26th May 2007 12:43 PM
guitarman53 I was disappointed with the DVD that came out from their last reunion, 2005, it didn't have any footage from their, at that time, concerts, just interviews, I hope they film their concert(s) if they release a DVD.
26th May 2007 11:56 PM
3DTeafoe a blind faith reunion, of any sort, would be the highlight of my day.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)