ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Happy 66th Birthday Charlie!"
"Don’t ever call me your fucking drummer! You’re my fucking singer!"
(Charlie to Mick, Amsterdam, mid-80's)
© 1965 Jeri Holloway (Web Premier of this picture tonight)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: My Story (part 1) Return to archive
24th May 2007 10:43 AM
Fuck! hi there,

i'm working on a brand new website about me and me life as a die-hartd stones fan/collector, people will be able to read my story's see my stones room, and my big collection of stones stuff, etc. etc. i'm finished with part one of my stones story, but before i put it online, let me knw what you think, and if you understand what i am trying to say, english is not my first language you know,
anyway here's my story, Pt. 1

June 13 1995
The day that changed my life.

Exactly 7 years and 6 months after i was born on December 13 1987, The Rolling Stones rocked Nijmegen at the Goffertpark. they did two sold out show for an estimated crowd of 130.000 Fans. and i was amongst them, with my dad! He picked me up from school that day around 4 o'clock in the afternoon. we headed to the goffertpark and had to wait a few hours in the very hot summer sun. i remember a security guy asking me: ''so you're going to see the stones huh?'' and i replied verry happy with: ''yes!'' After a few hours I couldn't take it anymore and wanted to go home, but my dad gave me an icecream and i was satisfied and happy again, after a few hours waiting and sweating, a loud voice yelled across the field: ''would you welcome please,the rolling stones!'' the urban rythm of not fade away started and the big cobra was throwing it's big flames in the air, Mick Jagger walked on stage, Keith Richards hitted the first chords and changed my life for good! i can't rembember the rest of the show realy, don't blame me, i was only seven years old at the time! but i have some very good memories of that day, and look back at it with a smile on my face and a tears in my eyes.
Thanks dad!

Four years later it was time for my second rolling stones show, one day before showday me and my dad drove to Langraaf for this one, it was a one and a half hour drive from Nijmegen and we would be staying at this camping site, we lended a tent from one of my uncles. after we arrived we imidiatly started to build the tent up. i brought a picture in a frame with me of Mick Jagger, an putted it on top of the car, so that they could see that we were stones fans, after a few \minutes we found out is was a stones fans only camping site! we met a few people that day and changed phone numbers, and got various invitations to come visit people, this was my first meeting with other stones fans from all over the country. but there was one family me and my dad will never forget, a mother and father and their son, Gerben, who wasn't totaly normal, i think he had a something of a down syndrom. they were staying at the same camping site as we did, and the only things they brought with them were a tent and their tickets. we started hangin' out together and it was quite nice and fun. but they came over to our tent in the middle of the night but we were tired and did as we were sleeping. the next morning they told us that they had tried to wake us up, beceause their tickets were stolen out of their tent! they saw their tickets in someone else's car and called the police, finaly they got their tickets back! but we couldn't help but laughing at them all the time, we still do when me and my dad talk about that two days, anyway we headed to the concert site, and we were one of the first people there, people were drinking beer and having fun, some people had brought a bbq with them, and you could hear stones tunes coming out of portable cd players. it was very nice weather and we were sitting and waiting for a few long hours, when finaly the gates went open, then some woman took my hand and we were pushed thru the gates because of the huge crowd behind us... me and the woman ran as fast as we could towards the stage. and managed to get exactly in the right corner in front of the stage, keith side. my dad was behind me all the time and we finaly made it, now all we had to do was just sitting and waiting again. after an hour or so, the stones walked on stage an i was crying out loud seeing them from that close! one of the best moments in my life was when Keith Richards came down from the stage to greet the fans while playing, one woman who was standing next to me had made a beautiful stones scar or something, keith noticed, and came walking towards me, his hand was next to my face as he grabbed the scar out of her hands! i remember standing there with my mouth wide open and seeing those arms from real close, with all the hairs on it , and the vains, he then stepped on stage again and finished the song. my hart was going mad! but keith wasn´t done with me, towards the end of the show he walked right towards me on stage, he was on his knees and threw a pick at me! but i was too slow and 10 adults were jumping on me to get the pick! what a show! my hart starts to beat faster when i think about it again! that realy was fucking cool! anyway, we had a great night! and we did visit Gerbert and his parents a few weeks later, they were very kind to us and we had a great time talking about the show and the stones, we promised to stay in touch but i´ve never seen them since.

End of Pt. 1

Thanks for reading!
what did you think?

[Edited by Fuck!]
24th May 2007 11:20 AM
GotToRollMe It's always great to hear about how people got into the Stones. Your father sounds like a very cool guy! I love how you described seeing Keith up close at Langraaf...what a thrill that must have been for you.
24th May 2007 02:04 PM
Saint Sway Fuck! are you also planning on creating a writeup for everyday since then?
24th May 2007 02:19 PM
Fuck! thanks GTRM!
(yes he realy is a cool guy!)

quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Fuck! are you also planning on creating a writeup for everyday since then?

i'm srry, don't know what a writeup is.... please explain
25th May 2007 01:10 PM
WJ Tony?

Thank you for that concise post.

I can't believe your username wasn't already taken.
28th May 2007 07:18 AM
corgi37 I think Fuck?, Fark@ and Phuk__ are available too.
28th May 2007 10:23 AM
fireontheplatter nice read...i hope you get a chance to see them again this summer
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)