ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Happy 66th Birthday Charlie!"
"Don’t ever call me your fucking drummer! You’re my fucking singer!"
(Charlie to Mick, Amsterdam, mid-80's)
© 1965 Jeri Holloway (Web Premier of this picture tonight)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is Jagger a hero? Return to archive
23rd May 2007 08:30 AM
Ten Thousand Motels AEROSMITH Frontman: 'MICK JAGGER Is My Hero To This Day' - May 22, 2007
blabbermouth.net

The Times of India recently conducted an interview with AEROSMITH frontman Steven Tyler. An excerpt from the chat follows:

The Times of India: Who have been your biggest influences?

Tyler: One of my personal biggest influences was my father, Victor Tallarico. He practised every day on a Steinway grand in our small apartment and I listened to him play the classics. I started singing when I was three in front of family and friends; later from watching bands like THE KINKS, THE BEATLES and THE HULLABALOOS, I realized I could really sing. A big mention needs to go to THE ROLLING STONES. Mick Jagger is my hero to this day.

The Times of India: You've rocked with some of the best musicians in your shows. Share a few great/fun/wacky experiences with us.

Tyler: The first real big thing for me was in the 60s, pre-AEROSMITH days. I was in a band that opened for THE BEACH BOYS. It meant everything to me, because I used to listen to them at home. Bands like that, their music explained life to me. AEROSMITH has not seen too many changes from its original line-up.What makes you guys stay together? There are few bands from our generation who are still around. It's because they either say 'f*** you!' or they fight. I've given Joe (Perry) the finger plenty of times, but it's all about talking now. Hundreds of screaming fans at your concerts or applause from your peers as you walk up to pick up a Grammy? Without our fans, we wouldn't be nominated for, let alone win a Grammy. That's amazing, but nothing beats walking out and performing in front of thousands of people who are there to see you.

The Times of India: "Armageddon"'s "Don't Want to Miss a Thing" is one of your best known hits. How do you change gears to compose for movies?

Tyler: That song was actually written by Diane Warren; Joe helped her with some of it, but it was mostly Diane. That song was great and helped introduce us to a new audience. It was apparently supposed to be sung by U2, but after Liv (Tyler) was cast in "Armageddon", they had the idea of us doing it.

The Times of India: After "American Idol", reality shows are big when it comes to finding talent. Do you endorse such methods?

Tyler: A band that came out of one of those reality shows in Britain recently covered "Walk This Way" — I'm not going to criticise it because it was for charity. I'm not sure how I feel about those kinds of shows, to be honest.

23rd May 2007 08:36 AM
guitarman53 He didn't mention he was a member of The Left Banke (Walk away Renee) in their last stages before they broke up.
23rd May 2007 08:46 AM
Nellcote I know there are many detractors of Aerosmith here.
I am proud to say I am part of the legion of followers.
Thanks for the read TTM!
23rd May 2007 08:47 AM
Lord Homosex What alway amazes me about Tyler is how intelligent and articulate he is; in interviews, inhis views period and in his music. Because his stage act, his live singing and ESPECIALLY his sartorial sense is terrible and silly. I mean anyone who will write "Seasons of Wither" has a lot of depth. I just can not bear to watch him though. That stupid gosse stepping thing he does and the clothes. He reminds me of Gloria versace; like one of those post menopause women with bad bad clothes. Always a bunch of flowing shawls and silk hiphuggers.
23rd May 2007 03:24 PM
Bruno
quote:
Lord Homosex wrote:
What alway amazes me about Tyler is how intelligent and articulate he is; in interviews, inhis views period and in his music. Because his stage act, his live singing and ESPECIALLY his sartorial sense is terrible and silly. I mean anyone who will write "Seasons of Wither" has a lot of depth.

Oh yeah, apart of the "I wanna be Mick" stuff, he is fucking great. When I read some of his lyrics sometimes I go "holy shit! that´s a real cool line"

"Get Your Wings" is one of the best rock records ever. And imagine a 17 years old guy writing "Dream On", for God´s sake!
23rd May 2007 04:55 PM
fireontheplatter the stones are great and i am looking forward to this upcoming euro tour.

as days pass i believe i have come full circle with this band..i have loved them and given up on them but now i love them more than ever just because they are freaking going for it...they rule....their tunes have helped me out of troubled times ...

go stones and do it as long as you care.

kick ass guys

23rd May 2007 05:02 PM
pdog If having sex with lots of women qualifies as a hero, then yes, Jagger is a hero...
25th May 2007 07:17 AM
corgi37 Well, then yes, Pdog. Jagger is a hero to me after all.
25th May 2007 01:19 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
pdog wrote:
If having sex with lots of women qualifies as a hero, then yes, Jagger is a hero...

That must make Wyman, Hef, Clinton and Wilt Chamberlain heros too...no?

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
25th May 2007 01:26 PM
glencar And you?
25th May 2007 01:27 PM
mojoman well he likes to wear tights
25th May 2007 03:21 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
pdog wrote:
If having sex with lots of women qualifies as a hero, then yes, Jagger is a hero...

that's not true. I don't really consider myself to be a hero at all...
25th May 2007 05:01 PM
riffkeither why not?
of course he's
25th May 2007 05:23 PM
TampabayStone Jukebox?

26th May 2007 07:23 AM
corgi37 Ron Jeremy is the ultimate hero.
26th May 2007 07:39 AM
Lord Homosex

Wot? Me no hero?!?
[Edited by Lord Homosex]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)