ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Happy 66th Birthday Charlie!"
"Don’t ever call me your fucking drummer! You’re my fucking singer!"
(Charlie to Mick, Amsterdam, mid-80's)
© 1965 Jeri Holloway (Web Premier of this picture tonight)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Listen to the radio, make your vote count! Return to archive
17th May 2007 07:12 PM
glimmercat Here's what's coming up this weekend on Q107: The Q107 "Bealtes Vs Stones" Classic Rock Long Weekend

Starting Friday afternoon at 3pm, listen to the Q107 "Beatles Vs Stones" Classic Rock Long Weekend.

The Beatles usually win the phone polls and the Stones usually win the online polls. If nothing else, this will be a good opportunity to hear some Stones tunes that don't usually make it on air.

Clicky on the linky: http://www.q107.com/home/Music/ClassicRockWeekends/tabid/257/Default.aspx

Don't forget to click on "Listen Live". =D

meow
17th May 2007 07:15 PM
fireontheplatter cool...i'll tune in

i like both bands, but the stones are my #1
17th May 2007 07:19 PM
glencar Over at shidoooobbbee, someone reminds us that Q107 is a fraudulent station & they shouldn't get our support. They claimed that they would play the 2003 tour show live but they actually replayed the Palais Royale show from years earlier.
17th May 2007 07:41 PM
glimmercat Hey, if you don't want to listen, don't. I'm just posting this info for anyone who wants to hear some Stones tunes on the radio. The last time they did this "battle between the greats", they actually played You Gotta Move. I'm hoping for something equally amazing. Stones rule!!

meow
17th May 2007 07:55 PM
pdog FM radio is dead to me!
17th May 2007 08:03 PM
Nellcote GC brings up a good point. I recall being stoked of the fact that station was going to broadcast the real deal, when tuned in, I knew from the 2nd cut we were all had.
Hey cat, you dig it, good for you, as Woody sang, "knock yer teeth out"
17th May 2007 08:11 PM
glencar
quote:
glimmercat wrote:
Hey, if you don't want to listen, don't. I'm just posting this info for anyone who wants to hear some Stones tunes on the radio. The last time they did this "battle between the greats", they actually played You Gotta Move. I'm hoping for something equally amazing. Stones rule!!

meow

I certainly won't listen. I think my educating/reminding people what a goddam fraud that station is is a valid point to raise. There are other, more honest stations that also play You Gotta Move. Don't play me for the sap.
17th May 2007 09:11 PM
pdog Why would anyone listen to lame ass FM radio. So what if they play cool Stones songs once a year... I can play them whenever I want, and thanks to technology, you can put everything you own on a device smaller than a pack of cigarettes. I'm enjoying watching FM radio die. hopefully my friend Riffy can get on a cool satellite station, and start to play what he wants to play.
17th May 2007 10:34 PM
Cocaine Eyes This is the station that screwed with the fans claiming to be broadcasting the live Phoenix Theatre show. I was fool enough to tape it from Q107 while I was at the Phoenix Theatre. Imagine how surprised I was to get home from the Phoenix only to hear the show I'd seen at Palais Royale.
I haven't listened to the Mighty Q since.
17th May 2007 10:52 PM
Taptrick The trend for radio next decade will be back to local, local, LOCAL.

17th May 2007 10:55 PM
glencar
quote:
Cocaine Eyes wrote:
This is the station that screwed with the fans claiming to be broadcasting the live Phoenix Theatre show. I was fool enough to tape it from Q107 while I was at the Phoenix Theatre. Imagine how surprised I was to get home from the Phoenix only to hear the show I'd seen at Palais Royale.
I haven't listened to the Mighty Q since.

You went to BOTH practice shows? WOW!
18th May 2007 07:59 AM
Cocaine Eyes Yes, and I was at the Horseshoe Tavern when they played there and also at their warm-up show at RPM.Palais Royale is still my fave of all of them, I think.
18th May 2007 02:46 PM
glimmercat
quote:
glencar wrote:
I certainly won't listen. I think my educating/reminding people what a goddam fraud that station is is a valid point to raise. There are other, more honest stations that also play You Gotta Move. Don't play me for the sap.

Do any of these "more honest stations" happen to broadcast in Toronto?? Because if they don't, they're useless to me. If they do, by all means, let me know. Q don't play enough Stones for my taste, but besides 92.5 JackFM [who play even less] they're the only station I get that plays any Stones. So I guess I have to settle for them.

The fact that so many here still hold this grudge against Q says way more about them than it does about the station.

meow
18th May 2007 02:49 PM
glencar You seem like an easy mark. Are you often duped twice? Thrice?
18th May 2007 02:50 PM
glimmercat
quote:
pdog wrote:
Why would anyone listen to lame ass FM radio. So what if they play cool Stones songs once a year... I can play them whenever I want, and thanks to technology, you can put everything you own on a device smaller than a pack of cigarettes....

Lucky you. Not everyone has the luxury of playing whatever music they want. With only the radio and tv for entertainment sources, I happen to be thrilled when I get to hear more Stones than usual on the radio.

meow
21st May 2007 07:27 PM
glimmercat The Stones finally won in a battle against the Beatles. Of course, it's really us fans who were the real winners. More Stones on the air.

The Tongue beat the Bugs!! =D =D

See full results here: http://www.q107.com/home/Music/BeatlesvsStones/tabid/303/Default.aspx

Thankies to anyone who voted.

meow
21st May 2007 07:34 PM
pdog
quote:
glimmercat wrote:

Lucky you. Not everyone has the luxury of playing whatever music they want. With only the radio and tv for entertainment sources, I happen to be thrilled when I get to hear more Stones than usual on the radio.

meow

You should get a Cd player or an iPod.... Fight back...
Woof!
21st May 2007 07:42 PM
glimmercat
quote:
pdog wrote:

You should get a Cd player or an iPod.... Fight back...
Woof!

I'd love to. Too bad they're not free.

I really think all welfare recipients should get cd players, starting with me LOL!

meow
21st May 2007 07:45 PM
pdog
quote:
glimmercat wrote:

I'd love to. Too bad they're not free.

I really think all welfare recipients should get cd players, starting with me LOL!

meow

Hopefully soon you can upgrade... i was talking tongue in cheek, i didn't know finanaces were really in the way....
i have a not so old walkman type Cd player, would you want it/ it's obolete for me, and will only sit in a box unused...
21st May 2007 07:50 PM
glimmercat
quote:
pdog wrote:

Hopefully soon you can upgrade... i was talking tongue in cheek, i didn't know finanaces were really in the way....
i have a not so old walkman type Cd player, would you want it/ it's obolete for me, and will only sit in a box unused...

Awwwww, you so sweet!! That would be so kind--are you sure???

meow
21st May 2007 09:02 PM
pdog
quote:
glimmercat wrote:

Awwwww, you so sweet!! That would be so kind--are you sure???

meow

Yeah... PM a place to mail it... Any CD's I could burn for you, i can throw some stuff in... The only problem would be if I can't find it, but I'm sure my wife knows where it is, she knows everything...
Woof!
23rd May 2007 10:52 AM
glimmercat Thankies pdog!!

You have PM.

meow
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)