ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Nico
Musicland Studios, Munich November 1973 with Giorgio Moroder
© Pop Magazine Germany - with thanks to Nico Zentgraf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Canadian Show Sales Return to archive
May 27th, 2005 02:37 PM
gimmekeef Looks like Ottawa has sold out with no pairs available after 4 hrs on sale.Toronto is wide open with only $60 seats gone....very slow here...Moncton still (?) has lots of seats in GA ...no seating chart so its impossible to tell how mnay have gone here....Mixed results...?
May 27th, 2005 02:50 PM
Dan A news article was just posted to Undercover stating TM admitted sales for Toronto is less than expected. But then again wonder how many thousands of people have traveled to Toronto from the Ottawa area in the past? No surprise the 50 $60 tix sold out right away.
May 27th, 2005 05:32 PM
time is on my side
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Looks like Ottawa has sold out with no pairs available after 4 hrs on sale.Toronto is wide open with only $60 seats gone....very slow here...Moncton still (?) has lots of seats in GA ...no seating chart so its impossible to tell how mnay have gone here....Mixed results...?

Nothing mixed about the Canadian sales- it's another spectacular day for the Stones!!!! As I pull up the 29,000 stadium capacity at Ottawa, Ticketbastard tells me it's sold out. When I pull up sales to the general public (not the VIP section) for the 40,000 stadium capacity at Moncton, New Brunswick, Ticketbastard also tells me this is close to being sold out. The STONES have almost sold out two Canadian stadium shows in one day!!!

As of right now, Toronto does appear to be wide open but, since the seating capacity is 60,000, I'm going to give it a few days. One thing about Toronto; it's located real close to Detroit and, as Dan stated above, they're putting on a stadium show at Ottawa which logically would draw fans away from Toronto. This looks like a case of too many stadium shows located too near one another. This may ultimately impact sales at both Detroit and Toronto. We'll wait and see.

[Edited by time is on my side]
May 27th, 2005 07:25 PM
Matt Lacroix i got my tickets through a friend who works a the rogers center in TO, for every public event, they have an employee pre-sale, even for the Stones apparently...
May 27th, 2005 09:47 PM
M.O.W.A.T. I tried at 10 am to get a pair of $60 seats only to wait almost 20 minutes with no success. Finally, able to get a pair of $99 ones once I said best available at that price level (section 214 row 4) - even then I had to wait almost 5 minutes for results.
May 28th, 2005 10:27 AM
gimmekeef I think Toronto will eventually sell close to capacity as the buzz of the band being in town for rehearsals starts up.And yes I agree Ottawa likely siphoned off some fans.Moncton will probably be the best show though and sounds like a blast.Perhaps the 450,000 Toronto area fans from Sarstock many seeing band for first time at bargain prices decided this time tickets just too expensive.And tickets were sold on a week day.Not everyone can freely access internet from work like some of us here!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)