ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Nico
Musicland Studios, Munich November 1973 with Giorgio Moroder
© Pop Magazine Germany - with thanks to Nico Zentgraf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: On stage seating - Return to archive
May 27th, 2005 10:17 AM
Private Godfrey From dmundt on RS Com - if this has already been posted please delete....

This is an portion of an interview with Susan Rosenberg, vice-president of tour marketing for the Stones that appears in today's Ottawa Citizen (Newspaper) that explains the current situation with the on-stage seats.

"The online seating map won't show a block of seats that are being designed to fit right on the stage. Prices for those seats will be announced later in the summer, Rosenberg said.

"The plans are only existing on paper now, so we can't put any of that on sale until it's built and working," she said.

The stage will be ready by the time the Stones start dress rehearsals in Toronto on July 11, she said. The tour begins in Boston on Aug. 21, stops in Hartford on Aug. 26 and then lumbers into Ottawa on Aug. 28."
May 27th, 2005 10:54 AM
Matt Lacroix i was just thinking to myself, how the hell is that going to work out without them blocking the view of some people? what is there? 400 seats?
May 27th, 2005 11:30 AM
T&A i think the Stones have indicated these will be located behind the band...so that shouldn't obstruct any views.
May 27th, 2005 12:01 PM
glencar Initially these seats were mostly going to be raffled away.
May 27th, 2005 12:16 PM
Matt Lacroix ok, that's better then. but i don't kno who would pay that much to sit behind them??
May 27th, 2005 01:46 PM
Gazza so theyre being sold now? So much for the contest winners.. ho hum

July 11 for start of tour rehearsals. Theres some more info then

May 27th, 2005 01:54 PM
sammy davis jr. MONEY GRUBBING BASTARDS
May 27th, 2005 02:55 PM
Jumping Jack My guess would be sold off at prices similar to theaters for among those who still have membership numbers left, perhaps starting with the pre 5/9.
May 27th, 2005 03:22 PM
Poplar
When I heard about this, i immedately imagined something of an orchestra well behind the stage, where the lucky 400 would be set slightly below stage level, so the backdrop isn't entirely rich bastards standing there looking bored and disapointed (like so many people i see with great seats on Stones tours).

May 27th, 2005 03:42 PM
Saint Sway for the price I imagine that they are gonna charge for these seats, I say I should be able to pull up a chair right the fuck next Charlie Watts!!!!

oh what the hell, I'll pay double whatever they're asking if they let me snort lines off of Keith's amp!!
May 27th, 2005 03:46 PM
blackandblue It will be something like this:

May 27th, 2005 03:52 PM
blackandblue thanks private godfrey

May 27th, 2005 04:13 PM
sammy davis jr. Next thing they'll offer: Play a Song With The Stones!!!! Starting only at $20,000.00.
May 27th, 2005 04:17 PM
glencar Mick Taylor can't afford that these days!
May 27th, 2005 04:38 PM
Gazza
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
thanks private godfrey

LOL
May 27th, 2005 04:47 PM
J.J.Flash There will be many cocksuckin' in order to get one of those fancy seats........

And sorry about the vulgar vocabulary on this post.....I don't use to talk like that.....but I'M VERY PISSED OFF WITH THIS BS!
May 27th, 2005 04:48 PM
glencar JJ, why the anger?
May 27th, 2005 04:50 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
[...]

oh what the hell, I'll pay double whatever they're asking if they let me snort lines off of Keith's amp!!

Do you really think that Keith is dabbling lately ONSTAGE? I always wondered about this.
May 27th, 2005 04:55 PM
FPM C10
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Do you really think that Keith is dabbling lately ONSTAGE? I always wondered about this.

Jay, where ya been? And more importantly, have you seen Revenge of the Sith?

Are you coming to the party Miss Youngblood and I are throwing for Marko C10? I'm reserving a place of honor for you right between Joey C10 and Maxlugar C10!
[Edited by FPM C10]
May 27th, 2005 04:56 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
glencar wrote:
JJ, why the anger?

Good to be noticed my dear Blue.....

I can't explain what makes me feels like killing anybody with a hard angry glance lately......

Maybe it's due to my absence here at this most prodigious of all Rolling Stones Message Boards (no time for posting).

You know, Puggy, Joey and Fleabit hadn't even bothered in starting a thread like "WHERE ARE YOU JAY, WE MISS YOUR POSTING SO BAD". I feel I lost their loyalty.
May 27th, 2005 04:59 PM
FPM C10 Jay, you WOUND me!

My skin turns to chicken when you talk like that!
May 27th, 2005 05:00 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Jay, where ya been? And more importantly, have you seen Revenge of the Sith?

Are you coming to the party Miss Youngblood and I are throwing for Marko C10? I'm reserving a place of honor for you right between Joey C10 and Maxlugar C10!
[Edited by FPM C10]

Damn, meanwhile you was writing the above POST, I spit those unfair, full of poison words on you:

"You know, Puggy, Joey and Fleabit hadn't even bothered in starting a thread like "WHERE ARE YOU JAY, WE MISS YOUR POSTING SO BAD". I feel I lost their loyalty."

Sorry 'bout dat.
May 27th, 2005 05:02 PM
J.J.Flash Still your devoted fan Fleabit........ I don't know if I can say the same of the Omaha and the Chicago branch.
[Edited by steel driving hammer]

[Edited by J.J.Flash]
May 28th, 2005 08:22 AM
Bitch I thought the ON STAGE seats were really not seats but standing room only, and only for 10 minutes - 1 -2 songs, and they were picked from a contest on RS.com....Whatever.

This is crazy if they going on sale after the sale.
May 28th, 2005 11:48 AM
corgi37 I sort of imagined the seats to be like the black guy from the 72/73 tour.

Umm, was it Leroy? You know, the dude sitting on a chair clapping along. I could dig that seat.

But, behind the stage? Since when are those seats considered "good"?

I have never, ever, even considered those seats as anything less than shit. Sorry, i dont. The band AINT PLAYING TO YOU!

In fact, i always think that bands who sold seats behind the stage were just really ripping people off.

But, then, the Stones wouldnt rip people off.

Would they?

(sound of crickets)
May 28th, 2005 12:44 PM
JaggerLips Behind the stage wouldn't be great! I mean who wants to see the back of Charlie Watts on the drums?? You want to see their faces!

If this thing is to happen it has to be at the sides of them and higher up so you can look down and see their faces! Maybe angled slightly as though to face the stage?

I can imagine these tickets going for silly money!
Just wish I could afford silly prices!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)