ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Nico
Musicland Studios, Munich November 1973 with Giorgio Moroder
© Pop Magazine Germany - with thanks to Nico Zentgraf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Case closed on 1969 slaying at Stones concert Return to archive
May 27th, 2005 01:11 AM
rollingrocks • Case closed: Nearly 36 years after a slaying at a Rolling Stones concert at Altamont Speedway that marked the end of the peace-and-love '60s, investigators have closed the case, dismissing a theory that a second Hells Angel took part in the stabbing.

• Flashback: Meredith Hunter, 18, was killed during the free concert on Dec. 6, 1969, that was billed as a West Coast Woodstock. The concert, which drew an estimated 300,000 people, was later immortalized in the film documentary "Gimme Shelter."

As the Stones played on stage, a member of the Hells Angels motorcycle gang, hired by the band to provide security, stabbed the young man.

Alan Passaro was acquitted after a jury concluded that he acted in self-defense because Hunter was carrying a gun. But there had been rumors over the years that a second unidentified assailant had inflicted the fatal wounds, and the case remained open.

But Alameda County sheriff's Sgt. Scott Dudek said Wednesday that after a renewed investigation over the past two years, authorities concluded that Passaro, who died in 1985, was the only person to stab Hunter and did so only after Hunter pointed a gun at the stage.
May 27th, 2005 06:17 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I know it was a terrible thing to happen to such a young man. I also know that the Hells Angels were over the top with their "Protection". However, if a person were to pull a gun on the stones whilst standing in the front row today, would security in certain countries not shoot on sight?

Im not sure. They wouldnt do it here in the UK because the police dont carry guns. But I could imagine that in certain areas of the Americas and Asia, security will have guns and will use them if need be.

It could happen all over again.
May 27th, 2005 02:11 PM
rollingrocks yea....i believe security does carry guns. If a gun is pointed at someone, they have legal right to shoot at them, even if its a toy gun that looks real. Its pretty unlikely that it would happen again though, as I believe they have a lot of security through these concerts, including maybe a few metal detectors.
May 28th, 2005 04:41 PM
JaggerLips "If history has taught us anything, anybody can be killed."

Michael Corleone (Godfather Part II)
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)