ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Nico
Musicland Studios, Munich November 1973 with Giorgio Moroder
© Pop Magazine Germany - with thanks to Nico Zentgraf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Any Mac users here? (nsc) Return to archive
May 26th, 2005 11:19 AM
GimmeExile Who uses a Mac to download and burn shows?

I need help burning a boot, and most of the FAQs are for PC users. There is no EAC for Mac.

Please post here or PM me...Thanks!
May 26th, 2005 11:22 AM
Madafaka I'm a Mac user, but I burn on pc always. It's easier and quicker!
May 26th, 2005 05:07 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
I'm a Mac user, but I burn on pc always. It's easier and quicker!

That's what I'm now learning!

C'mon doesn't anyone here download and burn boots with a Mac?
May 26th, 2005 05:28 PM
ListenToTheLion I do. Sometimes it works (f.e. rockpassion.com) and sometimes it don't.... But I admit it isn't easy.
May 26th, 2005 05:32 PM
mac_daddy i thought i posted this somewhere...

http://xact.fellowtraveler.org/

download, and use, xACT for all your ripping and encoding needs...

drag the WAV files into itunes, make sure you have the gaps set to 0, and burn your audio CDs...

or drag the shn/flac/ape sets to a blank disc and burn a data disc...

it is easy, everything works, everytime.

[Edited by mac_daddy]
May 26th, 2005 05:35 PM
ListenToTheLion thanks
May 26th, 2005 05:48 PM
GimmeExile mac_daddy, actually you did tell me the information before and it gets me almost all the way there. There is still a clicking sound between tracks even when I set the iTunes burning preferences to zero gaps between tracks, however. I've been trying to find a way to burn a boot, but I've heard iTunes doesn't cut it. Everyone recommends Toast, but I was hoping to do it without buying any software.

[Edited by GimmeExile]
May 26th, 2005 05:52 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
mac_daddy, actually you did tell me the information before and it gets me almost all the way there. There is still a clicking sound between tracks even when I set the iTunes burning preferences to zero gaps between tracks, however. I've been trying to find a way to burn a boot, but I've heard iTunes doesn't cut it. Everyone recommends Toast, but I was hoping to do it without buying any software.

[Edited by GimmeExile]

those clicks are not from using xACT - are you sure they are not in your source..?

did you use xACT (utils tab) to extract the CD in the first place..?

are you sure you have itunes set properly..?
May 26th, 2005 06:00 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

those clicks are not from using xACT - are you sure they are not in your source..?

did you use xACT (utils tab) to extract the CD in the first place..?

are you sure you have itunes set properly..?

I'm not trying to extract from a CD, but rather burn a CD from flac files downloaded from BT sites using Azureus. I use the decode tab on xACT to convert them to wav files. I then import the wav files to iTunes (and yes, the burning preferences are set to burn an audio CD with no gaps between tracks). I then burn the CD. There are no gaps but a slight clicking sound between tracks.

May 26th, 2005 06:02 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:

I'm not trying to extract from a CD, but rather burn a CD from flac files downloaded from BT sites using Azureus. I use the decode tab on xACT to convert them to wav files. I then import the wav files to iTunes (and yes, the burning preferences are set to burn an audio CD with no gaps between tracks). I then burn the CD. There are no gaps but a slight clicking sound between tracks.

sounds like you are doing everything correctly...

have you tried with just this one source, or do the clicks happen all the time, with every source you try..?

the clicks just might be part of this particular source - stuff gets poorly ripped and seeded to ezt all the time...

May 26th, 2005 06:09 PM
GimmeExile I'll try another burn tonight. I found some various comments on a Mac message board and people say this has been a flaw with iTunes since the beginning.

It sucks because I want to listen to all of these great boots I've gotten from dime, etree and ttd in my car and make copies for people. I'll probably end up buying Toast because you need it to do advanced DVD burning on the Mac, and if it's the only way I'll get a quality CD burn, it's a must.
May 26th, 2005 06:12 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
I'll try another burn tonight. I found some various comments on a Mac message board and people say this has been a flaw with iTunes since the beginning.

It sucks because I want to listen to all of these great boots I've gotten from dime, etree and ttd in my car and make copies for people. I'll probably end up buying Toast because you need it to do advanced DVD burning on the Mac, and if it's the only way I'll get a quality CD burn, it's a must.

well, you do have the latest version of itunes, right..? use that autoupdate program, and make sure - it has never happened to me, and i use it alot...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
May 26th, 2005 06:15 PM
GimmeExile Oh, so you do all of your torrenting, burning, etc. on a Mac? And you don't use any other software?
May 26th, 2005 07:16 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Oh, so you do all of your torrenting, burning, etc. on a Mac? And you don't use any other software?

i was given an ibook from work. i use it to rip, flac and torrent when my windows and *nix machines are not working properly, or are otherwise occupied, which seems to be most of the time recently...

and yes i use xACT exclusively, except when burning audio discs for friends, and for that i will use itunes if i do it from the laptop (after doing everything else with xACT...

xACT was written by a taper i know to specifically perform the functions that tapers and traders need, on a mac, and to perform all of them without error...
May 26th, 2005 09:52 PM
IanBillen
I use both PC and MAC here. Apple is a truly innovative company that adds a higher level of graphics and audio
that the PC companies can not match.

Apple computers are very reliable due to their Unix sub-system
on their OS X operating systems, and their quality manufacturing.

Not to mention that their hardware and software entities are much more in contact with each-other than the Microsoft/PC
side of the market.

PC's are excellent for networking scenarios and compatability. And if your a gamer you certainly have more choices with PC.

Mac's are a professional tool.

I teach Microsoft Certification, A+, and Network+ for a living.

At home I run both Mac and PC. They both have their purposes.

Ian
May 26th, 2005 09:56 PM
Madafaka Yep, I use Mac for ad and design.
May 28th, 2005 09:23 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff Yeah, I use a I-mac (old sistem 9,0 and X,3)
and it works
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)