ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Nico
Musicland Studios, Munich November 1973 with Giorgio Moroder
© Pop Magazine Germany - with thanks to Nico Zentgraf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Aussies !!! found this !! Return to archive
May 25th, 2005 11:13 PM
Daethgod
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/doctorstones/Intl_news.htm

Mar. 22 2005 : Some news about the Stones touring schedule

According to a very reliable source, the next tour will start by the end of August or the very beginning of September.
Most of the shows will take place in arenas, but stadium shows are also planned. No info about theatres as of today.
North America will be toured in the fall.
Asia and Australia will be visited in the winter.
A show is also expected to take place in Feb. in Puerto Rico, which would be a premiere.
The European tour would take place as usual, in the summer.

May 26th, 2005 02:39 AM
exile Fuck yeah.... sounds great

but is that recent??? perhaps old rumour?
May 26th, 2005 02:53 AM
Jumacfly 03/22/05...not very old but not too recent too...it's always complicated with french people!!
May 26th, 2005 06:22 AM
Daethgod its the first time ive heard anything on an Aussie tour.

me wants to believe !

May 26th, 2005 10:24 PM
corgi37 Seems very unlikely. Too many South American dates that would fall into our normal touring time. Well, we probably have until March, but i think some thing would have been mentioned by now.

Still, there was no word of an Aussie tour in 95 until November. Australia was always on the schedule during LICKS, but tickets didnt go on sale until Dec.

I'm resigned to not seeing them. Couldnt care less anyway. I have never liked them that much.

Well, thats what i keep telling myself.
May 27th, 2005 01:38 PM
Gazza looks like you Aussies might have to tell yourselves that you DO like them after all

This article from the New Zealand Herald today indicates that they may be playing an arena show in Auckland. Of course, the article only really indicates the wish or intent of the venue's chief executive, but theres always a chance I suppose. They seem hopeful.

And if they play NZ, theres absolutely NO way they would skip Australia

Rolling Stones and U2 could play at Auckland's new arena

by Bernard Orsman

The Rolling Stones and U2 could play in Auckland next year at the city's new $80 million indoor arena at Quay Park.

The possibility of bringing two of the world's biggest rock 'n' roll bands to Auckland was put forward yesterday at a naming rights announcement for the 12,200-seat facility.

It has been named the Vector Arena under a 10-year, multimillion-dollar deal with the Auckland power company.

Vector Arena chief executive Bruce Mactaggart said there was "more than a chance" U2 and the Rolling Stones would play in Auckland, subject to timing and economics.

U2 will next year tour Australia, which was bumped from the band's Vertigo World Tour this year in favour of an expanded US leg.

The Rolling Stones, into their fifth decade of playing rock 'n' roll, have announced a global tour stretching into next year.

The arena is expected to end a drought of top entertainers avoiding the city because of the lack of a world-class indoor facility.

British rock star David Bowie skipped Auckland last year in favour of Wellington.

Mr Mactaggart said the arena would be a world-class entertainment and sporting venue that could handle 54 tonnes of lighting and sound equipment in the roof for the biggest rock shows on Earth and would have a floor big enough for three full-sized netball courts.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=100&ObjectID=10127754

[Edited by Gazza]
May 28th, 2005 01:04 AM
Daethgod keep the faith Aussies

they will come !

.................. i hope ......

: P

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)