ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Nico
Musicland Studios, Munich November 1973 with Giorgio Moroder
© Pop Magazine Germany - with thanks to Nico Zentgraf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beck opening in Toronto Return to archive
May 25th, 2005 08:05 PM
Soldatti From Rollingstones.com
September 26, 2005 Toronto Rogers Centre - Beck
May 25th, 2005 09:26 PM
Madafaka Beck? "Oooh, soy un perdedor, I'm a loser baby"? That Beck?
May 25th, 2005 10:20 PM
Soldatti Yep, that Beck....
May 26th, 2005 12:40 AM
rollingrocks hopefully someone decent is opening in anaheim. Maybe they'll pull another van halen :-D
May 26th, 2005 07:58 AM
gimmekeef If for any reason sales are slow they might add a Canadian based band like Tragically Hip that would bring in a lot of their own fans....I saw Beck my heart jumped...Of course thinking (hoping) it was Jeff!....Forgot about that little Beck character...
May 26th, 2005 08:28 AM
Madafaka Beck opening the Stones... Wow, weird!
May 26th, 2005 08:38 AM
maumau when i saw beck opening in toronto i thought wow, what a funky night! unfortunately i live some thousand miles from toronto

it would have been the gig of my life the band of my life + the best new thing in musictown in 10 years
i hope they collide again in europe

but then, i see you'd like better van halen and jeff beck so that nostalgia can win and take it all over

i guess it's just a matter of taste

life is unfair
May 26th, 2005 09:25 AM
FPM C10 Beck opening would be INCREDIBLE.

They haven't announced the Hershey opener yet. Beck, Pearl Jam or Tragically Hip (in that order) would be great - Maroon 5 or Black-eyed Peas would NOT.

The New York Dolls are available...but maybe the Stones don't want THAT much competition...
May 26th, 2005 10:55 AM
maumau i really think beck fits perfectly with the stones show with his mix of country and funk. there's a nice cover of no expectations that he played with beth orton.

to me beck it's something like: what could have been the stones like if they were born in the nineties?

the answer is devil's haircut!
May 26th, 2005 10:59 AM
winter Beck is a FANTASTIC openner. I believe he is a big stones fan also. I think I saw a picture somewhere of him hanging out at the Stones' rehersals for the last tour.

wintah
May 26th, 2005 11:00 AM
mmdog
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Beck opening would be INCREDIBLE.

They haven't announced the Hershey opener yet. Beck, Pearl Jam or Tragically Hip (in that order) would be great - Maroon 5 or Black-eyed Peas would NOT.

The New York Dolls are available...but maybe the Stones don't want THAT much competition...

Since the Stones have had acts like Pearl Jam, Bob Dylan and AC/DC among others recently, I really don't think are too concerned about competition.
May 26th, 2005 11:04 AM
Mr Jimmy I'm going to the Toronto show (FRONT ROW!!!) and I'm kind of looking forward to seeing Beck. I don't really care about opening acts but it is a chance to see Beck without paying for it. At least he plays interesting music instead of being just another rock'n'roll wannabe band... (see below)

As for the Tragically Hip, they're ok, but living here we have endless opportunities to see them so it would have a been a let down. I hope they don't add them.
May 26th, 2005 11:11 AM
Madafaka Beck is too boring and you never could compare him with Pearl Jam, IMO.
May 26th, 2005 11:15 AM
gimmekeef I'll be at the bar anyway....Mr Jimmy I'm in second row...see ya there..I'll be coming in just before the lights dim..For The Greatest Show On Earth!
May 26th, 2005 11:42 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Beck is too boring and you never could compare him with Pearl Jam, IMO.

Well, I haven't listened to all of his stuff , but Odelay is brilliant (IMO) and I guess the new one's pretty good too.

Perhaps surprisingly (because so much of his stuff is cut & paste studio wizardry w/the Dust Bros) he's supposed to be a great live performer.

I'm still hoping Pearl Jam opens the Hershey show, since they're doing Pittsburgh a few days before that. That would definitely be great.
May 26th, 2005 11:45 PM
Soldatti I think that is a good artist, his last album is pretty good and he's a Stones fan too.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)