ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Nico
Musicland Studios, Munich November 1973 with Giorgio Moroder
© Pop Magazine Germany - with thanks to Nico Zentgraf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: congratulation Liverpool Return to archive
May 25th, 2005 05:50 PM
shakedhandswithkeith respect!!

now it`s time for Didi Haman to come home!

have a great party over there!!!!!
May 25th, 2005 06:03 PM
ListenToTheLion Congratulations Liverpool (although Dudek behaved like a scarecrow. Is that allowed?). Glad the Italians got defeated.
May 25th, 2005 06:04 PM
Gazza Unbelievable

One of the most incredible comebacks I've ever seen.

Our fellow Rocks Offer Billyboll was in Istanbul tonight. I don't think he'll come down to earth for about six months
May 25th, 2005 06:13 PM
Jumacfly the Reds were hot as hell tonight!! unbelievable!!
special congratulations to Dudek (what a freak!!), Gerrard , Hammann and all the others!

best soccer game of the year, some moments reminded me my playstation!!

a beer for Liverpool !!
JU
May 25th, 2005 06:18 PM
charlotte one heck of a game..no doubt!!
May 25th, 2005 06:42 PM
Madafaka Crespo did two goals, right?
May 25th, 2005 06:53 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Crespo did two goals, right?

Yep, Crespo got two goals. Chelsea may want him back next season!

May 25th, 2005 09:30 PM
Madafaka We need him in the Argentinian Team for Germany 06!
May 25th, 2005 10:29 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
We need him in the Argentinian Team for Germany 06!

LOL, and the "piojo" Lopez too!
May 26th, 2005 06:28 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff Believe me, I'm so happy that liverpool win over that bastard!!!
yeah ! milan , (in Italy they called black red devils) fuck off!
sempre forza roma
Fabio Hot stuff
from Italy -here all the people are happy!!!
May 26th, 2005 07:06 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Fabio Hot Stuff wrote:
Believe me, I'm so happy that liverpool win over that bastard!!!
yeah ! milan , (in Italy they called black red devils) fuck off!
sempre forza roma
Fabio Hot stuff
from Italy -here all the people are happy!!!

lol Fabio....and good luck to Roma for the final of the cup!
cheers
Ju
May 26th, 2005 12:43 PM
JaggerLips RA RA RA RA RAFAEL BENITEZ!!

WHAT A LEGENDARY MANAGER AND WHAT A LEGENDARY PERFORMANCE BY LIVERPOOL.

HAMMAN WAS LIKE A PANZER DIVISION IN THE MIDFIELD AND FREED GERRARD TO TURN IT ROUND IN THE SECOND HALF.

LIVERPOOL 5 TIMES EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS WITHOUT DOUBT THE GREATEST TEAM IN THE BRITISH ISLES!

EUROPEAN KINGS!!!!

COME ON THE REDS!

JAGGERLIPS
BORN AND BRED LIVERPUDLIAN.
May 26th, 2005 12:49 PM
Voodoo Scrounge Great second half granted. However, Liverpool couldnt live with Milan for 50 minutes or so. Italian teams always do it. Give themselves a great chance to win, then sit back and defend.
I would be very worried If I were a Liverpool fan. Did you see the ITV interview with Gerrard. He didnt even hint that he would stay at Liverpool. I think hes on his way to London.
Vladimir Smicer is leaving.
Milan Baros is leaving.
Stephane Henchoz is leaving.
Dietmar Hamman, the man who turned the game around for you is leaving.
I think life will be very difficult at Anfield next season. So enjoy it while it lasts.
May 26th, 2005 01:12 PM
BillyBoll As one who was there I will.

Number 5. Its ours for keeps.

Worried? With a manager who can win us the Champions League trophy in his first year with a tiny budget compared to Chelski blood money? No chance.

Class, history, fans to make any other club look like chelski's support? Again, no chance!

Steve Gerrard? Dunno what you were watching but I think you'll find the quote was "How could I leave after a night like this and the type of nights I have experienced this season?" Maybe a comment on the funereal type atmosphere there was at Stamford Bridge for the first leg of the Champions League semi-final.

Money cant buy you love....

Or maybe that should be....

You Cant Always Get What You Want!

Given that this is a Stones board.

Anyway, I dont give a stuff.

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!!!!!!!!

And I have lots of beer and champagne to drink.
[Edited by BillyBoll]
[Edited by BillyBoll]
May 27th, 2005 08:57 AM
Honky Tonk Man And It's such a shame that you won't be able to defend it next season.

I have to hand it to Liverpool. An atrocious Premiership campaign behind them, they pulled their socks up and acheivced what most of us thought was the impossible! How the hell did they crawl back from 3-0 down?

Two words. Steven Gerrard

May 27th, 2005 09:08 AM
BillyBoll UEFA should get their fingers out and change the bloody rules. Whoever heard of a competition without the defending champions. Although I have no faith in those morons, allowing the final in such a place with such apalling organisation.

Anyway, we will just be undefeated champions!
May 27th, 2005 09:14 AM
Voodoo Scrounge If Liverpool get to defend the title next season. I for one will be absolutely disgusted. Thaey finnished fifth in the league. Far from champions!
Real Madrid won it one year and because they only finnished fifth in the league, the spanish FA found some stupid reason to demote the fourth place team and Real were able to compete in the European cup.
The competition is for last seasons Elite teams. In Englands case Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd and Everton. Regardless of Liverpool having won it this season. They were in the competition based on their performances the season before last (2003-2004).
May 27th, 2005 09:15 AM
BillyBoll How much more elite do you have to be than winning the frigging thing?
May 27th, 2005 09:30 AM
Honky Tonk Man Well I think the whole things a mess in all honesty.

It is called the Champions League, right? Well then, why are Arsenal, Man Utd and Everton there? I think it should be reserved for league winners only and OF COURSE, the team who won the European Cup the year before.

If I had MY WAY, it would look like this.

Chelsea (Champions League next season)
Arsenal (Uefa Cup)
Man Utd (ditto)

The amount of teams they're letting in is ridiculous. It takes away the whole point of it being a CHAMPIONS League.

As I’ve said before, I think there should be a special rule for Liverpool next year.
May 27th, 2005 09:33 AM
BillyBoll I agree with you HTW. It was a better competition when it was just the champions and purely a knock-out competition but they aint ever going back to that. Too much money at stake.
May 27th, 2005 09:35 AM
Voodoo Scrounge It is a league for champions.
It is all based on the previous seasons league form. Like it or not Liverpool have played shit in the league all season, no consistency. Why change the rules.

Well done to Liverpool, you won the European cup. But you havent played well enough in the league to warrant a place next season!
May 27th, 2005 09:41 AM
BillyBoll Oh for gods sake, we won it.

We should be allowed to defend it!
May 27th, 2005 09:51 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
BillyBoll wrote:
Oh for gods sake, we won it.

We should be allowed to defend it!

100% agree...thanks for defeating those bloody Chelsky suckers in semi finals!!
May 27th, 2005 12:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
It is a league for champions.

By that yardstick, Chelsea shouldnt have been in it this season either. Or any other season for that matter.

When Man United beat Bayern in the final in 1999, both sides had finished only second in their leagues the previous season. Bayer Leverkeusen got to the final a couple of years ago even though they had NEVER won the German title in their history.

It should be a tournament for champions only, not "the champions of certain countries plus their very rich rivals".

Bottom line is, Liverpool qualified because the rules of entry allowed them to. They won it and fair play to them.

The fact that now theyve won it they cant defend it is a much more stupid rule than the one which allows teams who havent won anything to enter it in the first place.
May 27th, 2005 10:13 PM
Scot Rocks What a game, well done the reds! its not been a good football week for me though...got the Scottish Cup tomorrow though at least.

YNWA
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)