ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Nico
Musicland Studios, Munich November 1973 with Giorgio Moroder
© Pop Magazine Germany - with thanks to Nico Zentgraf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Locked threads Return to archive
May 25th, 2005 01:08 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Damn ... just when it was starting to get interesting.
May 25th, 2005 01:15 PM
Nellcote TTM, you going to Fenway I or II?
May 25th, 2005 01:25 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
TTM, you going to Fenway I or II?

I dunno. Any tickets left? I was actually thinking about catching them next time around. 2007, 2008??? whenever it is.
May 25th, 2005 01:29 PM
mac_daddy i was surprised at the second lockdown - that seemed to be setting a bad precedent to me. the first lockdown, however, was completely appropriate...

funny thing is... i am going to see the flick this afternoon, and was planning on posting my take when i got back; i guess that aint happening now...

trolls 1 good guys 0

(edit to add links)

[Edited by mac_daddy]
May 25th, 2005 01:34 PM
Nellcote TTM, Gahden, 2 nights in January ,06-BE THERE
Mac, great flix, caught it last week.
I need to see it several more times just
to catch the detail.
I thought it was outstanding.
May 25th, 2005 01:36 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
TTM, Gahden, 2 nights in January ,06-BE THERE
Mac, great flix, caught it last week.
I need to see it several more times just
to catch the detail.
I thought it was outstanding.

have those msg dates been announced officially..? if there is to be a beacon gig, i would assume it would be at the same time, right..?

cant wait til august!!!!
May 25th, 2005 01:49 PM
Nellcote Still hugging the sidelines for those Jan dates...
Less than 3 months to go...
May 25th, 2005 01:56 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
TTM, Gahden, 2 nights in January ,06-BE THERE

Oh. Come January I hope to be some place warm. Let me check my date book to see if anything's open.
May 25th, 2005 02:06 PM
glencar I hate lockdown!
May 25th, 2005 02:25 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
I hate lockdown!

Me too. LOL.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
May 25th, 2005 02:27 PM
glencar Yeah, looking at what some idiots wrote, I can now see why it's locked down. I hate some posters now. Childish as all get-out.
May 25th, 2005 02:35 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yeah, looking at what some idiots wrote, I can now see why it's locked down. I hate some posters now. Childish as all get-out.

i think we could have put the original back on track, but we only need one star wars thread here - if i come back home all fired up about the flick this evening, i might now have to start a third
May 25th, 2005 02:40 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yeah, looking at what some idiots wrote, I can now see why it's locked down. I hate some posters now. Childish as all get-out.

Hey, one just goes with the flow. No reason to hate some posters. We're all Stones fans...As is God, that gives us some leeway.
May 25th, 2005 02:42 PM
glencar mac, I'll be seeing it tomorrow. I will not discuss the movie on this board. The well has been poisoned. I'm not sure why Joey's emoticons & "Congrats on 10K posts!" thrreads are bad but a certain asshole can constantly turn every thread to politics. It's frustrating & I will probably not be able to continue here much longer.
May 25th, 2005 02:51 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
mac, I'll be seeing it tomorrow. I will not discuss the movie on this board. The well has been poisoned. I'm not sure why Joey's emoticons & "Congrats on 10K posts!" thrreads are bad but a certain asshole can constantly turn every thread to politics. It's frustrating & I will probably not be able to continue here much longer.

Let the new stones fans come on board as you guys are retiring.????
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
May 25th, 2005 02:53 PM
glencar Well, Joshy is one of the best. I'm just venting. Maybe a short lil break is what's needed. See ya!
May 25th, 2005 03:00 PM
voodoopug THe Direction of this board is to be for Stones Information, discussion, ticket trade, show trees, etc. as it is being made aware to me.

I am asking that all non stones topics be immediately deleted so that we may give this new format "the old college try"

I am willing to police the topics when necessary. I ask that one-two threads be allotted for off topic chat, and all others deleted. I am prepared to petition this if it becomes necessary.

Lets allow this great board to rise again! (much like Darth Vader in the trailors for Episode 3)
May 25th, 2005 03:12 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I am willing to police the topics when necessary.

Well, I'm willing to police nothing. I don't beieve in police. I don't believe in Police States. I had thought that humans could police themselves....but I guess I was wrong. Hell's got a way of doing things...Heaven's got another way .
May 25th, 2005 04:07 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well, I'm willing to police nothing. I don't beieve in police. I don't believe in Police States. I had thought that humans could police themselves....but I guess I was wrong. Hell's got a way of doing things...Heaven's got another way .

Sadly, we may have gotten out of hand and created a chatroom as opposed to a stones information center. We must all share the blame, even in light of Joey's recent numerical acheivements.
May 25th, 2005 04:42 PM
egon
quote:
glencar wrote:
I hate lockdown!

a lockin however...
May 25th, 2005 04:43 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I hate lockdown!

May 25th, 2005 04:48 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

JOey, please come down to my office to discuss the new vision of RO
May 25th, 2005 04:49 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

JOey, please come down to my office to discuss the new vision of RO

May 25th, 2005 04:59 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

this must all be out of our systems soon, i await a mission statement.

[Edited by voodoopug]
May 25th, 2005 07:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

i think we could have put the original back on track, but we only need one star wars thread here - if i come back home all fired up about the flick this evening, i might now have to start a third

By all means, talk about it all you want. We've no problem with that. However those other threads began to descend into the sort of posts that in many people's opinions, including the admins, take this board to a place where the atmosphere gets poisoned for everyone. I'm not blaming any side in particular, but that shit has happened too far often on this site over the years and quite frankly I dont see why we should pay for webspace for a Stones site and have to read crap that shows a lack of respect for others instead. I dont think thats much to ask or expect.
May 25th, 2005 08:07 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

By all means, talk about it all you want. We've no problem with that. However those other threads began to descend into the sort of posts that in many people's opinions, including the admins, take this board to a place where the atmosphere gets poisoned for everyone. I'm not blaming any side in particular, but that shit has happened too far often on this site over the years and quite frankly I dont see why we should pay for webspace for a Stones site and have to read crap that shows a lack of respect for others instead. I dont think thats much to ask or expect.

agreed - i just thought it a bit odd that when a spammer clamors for a thread to be closed, it happens asap. in fact the reason why i called that thread out in the first place was to head this kind of thing off...

that, and commenting directly to someone's quote, which along with its follow-ups, were purposely confrontational. i called that out, too...

but regardless of how good the flick was, and how many obscure stones/starwars references i could come up with (and i did come up with a few), i am not going to start a third thread on the matter, esp. since it will likely get hijacked with more antagonism...
May 25th, 2005 08:37 PM
Gazza Reason why it wasnt locked earlier is simple and nothin' personal - I was away for 24 hours....lol
May 25th, 2005 08:39 PM
mac_daddy
May 26th, 2005 01:13 AM
Child of the Moon
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Agreed, Gazza!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)