ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Nico
Musicland Studios, Munich November 1973 with Giorgio Moroder
© Pop Magazine Germany - with thanks to Nico Zentgraf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Honeyboy Edwards Return to archive
May 25th, 2005 11:08 AM
Blind Dog McGhee w/Devil in a Woodpile, @ the Hideout
2005-05-24

Standing room only and was a little far away but hell if I wasn't gonna snap a few of the old man. No Keith but Devil was great and Honeyboy was solid. He'll be at the Chicago Blues Fest in a few weeks so check him out. They were celebrating his 90th birthday.

Joel, Honeyboy, Tom Ray & oh there's Rick w/his Cubs hat on.

Rick "Cookin" Sherry

May 25th, 2005 11:21 AM
FPM C10 It's amazing to me that a guy who played with ROBERT JOHNSON is still out there gigging. (I guess Robert Jr. Lockwood fits that bill too.)

Honeyboy was there the night Robert got poisoned.

Honeyboy's good in "Lightning in a Bottle", but they start talking over the performance when it gets to the guitar solo, so I'm thinking that maybe it turned into a trainwreck.

Cool pictures! Thanks!
May 25th, 2005 12:07 PM
Blind Dog McGhee I didn't know what to expect, but like you said, he was around when Robert Johnson was and he ain't getting younger. It was a young hip urban crowd that talked a bit much but on the whole they were pretty respectful. I hadn't seen Honeyboy in a club, only in a festival setting where his sound got lost. He was solid and Devil did a fine job backing him. They kept it together and kept Honeyboy from wandering. He played 4 or 5 songs and seemed to kind of lose it near the end but on the whole I was impressed with him. Devil warmed up with a few tunes including the Zep cover they do off of their new cd. They are a fine band and Joel Patterson is a great guitar player.
May 25th, 2005 12:31 PM
Barney Fife God bless that old fart! Some great people actually don't die young!
May 25th, 2005 12:53 PM
mac_daddy nice.

did you see anybody running tape..?
May 25th, 2005 01:05 PM
Blind Dog McGhee
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
nice.

did you see anybody running tape..?

no, I didn't take my rig either. coulda stealthed but there was sooo much crowd noise it would not have turned out too well. I've asked Rick to tape Devil before and he let me once but the second time he blew me off. there's one feller who tapes the Bloodshot bands, looks like he's got a bigger dat machine he lugs around and he uses a mic stand but he wasn't in the house.
May 25th, 2005 01:16 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Honeyboy was there the night Robert got poisoned.

Did he do it???? That murder has never been solved. Who dunnit?
May 25th, 2005 01:39 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Blind Dog McGhee wrote:

no, I didn't take my rig either. coulda stealthed but there was sooo much crowd noise it would not have turned out too well. I've asked Rick to tape Devil before and he let me once but the second time he blew me off. there's one feller who tapes the Bloodshot bands, looks like he's got a bigger dat machine he lugs around and he uses a mic stand but he wasn't in the house.

oh well... glad you had fun, nonetheless...

i understand that team chi-town will represent at the blues fest, so hopefully we will get something outta that. that particular fest gets alot of good play. the doheney one out here last weekend was covered - good stuff!
May 25th, 2005 01:55 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Did he do it???? That murder has never been solved. Who dunnit?

I think it was Washboard Sam
May 25th, 2005 02:08 PM
FPM C10
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

I think it was Washboard Sam

I heard it was Abyssinia Ned.
May 25th, 2005 07:41 PM
Poplar
May 26th, 2005 09:56 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Poplar wrote:

You know, when I do shit like this, it's usually at least remotely related to the subject. And I still end up getting scary psycho PMs about it.

Oh...Edwards. Right. Now I get it.

Assistant Vice-Principal VoodooPug would like to see you in his office. NOW!

May 26th, 2005 03:27 PM
Poplar
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Oh...Edwards. Right. Now I get it.

comeon ... honeyboy? ... even YOU had to chuckle a bit.
May 26th, 2005 03:48 PM
FPM C10 Yeah, I did. It's a great picture too.

I had to stop and think for a minute...hmmm...this guy looks familiar...where have I seen him before...

HOWEVER, Assistant Vice Principal Pug STILL wants to see you in his office PRONTO!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)