ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Nico
Musicland Studios, Munich November 1973 with Giorgio Moroder
© Pop Magazine Germany - with thanks to Nico Zentgraf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How many joint Dylan & Stones performances... Return to archive
May 25th, 2005 11:01 AM
piratekeef How many joint Dylan & Stones performances on DVD are available?

Hi there,

I just wondered how many performances of "Like A Rolling Stone" by Dylan and the Stones (together on stage) are available from 1995 or 1998. Is there a video recording of the Montpellier 1995 show? Are there any of zthe South American shows from 1998 (I only know, there's one from Rio de Janeiro) Anyone knows?

piratekeef
May 25th, 2005 11:06 AM
Gazza theyve only played together 5 times. On each occasion, Dylan opened for the Stones, then joined them for "like a rolling stone"

Montpelier 25.7.95 - audio recording available
Buenos Aires 4.4.98 - no recording available
Buenos Aires 5.4.98 - no recording available
Rio de Janeiro 11.4.98 - audio & video recording available. (Concert was broadcast live on TV)
Sao Paulo 13.4.98 - audio recording available

I've never even seen an audio recording listed in Dylan collectors circles of the 1998 Argentinian shows, so they dont seem to be in circulation at all
May 26th, 2005 10:54 AM
Martha Rio de Janeiro 11.4.98 - audio & video recording available. (Concert was broadcast live on TV)

Oh my goodness gracious. I NEED this! Where/how do I get a copy??????

xxxxxxoooooo,
Maaaaaaartha!
May 26th, 2005 11:02 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Martha wrote:
Rio de Janeiro 11.4.98 - audio & video recording available. (Concert was broadcast live on TV)

Oh my goodness gracious. I NEED this! Where/how do I get a copy??????

xxxxxxoooooo,
Maaaaaaartha!

I gotcha covered, Mrs. M. It'll take a tiny bit off my gigantic IOU.

I can't say that this dream team of my two favorite musical entities really "worked" - it's funnier than it is awesome. Watching Mick trying to synchronize his vocals with Dylan is hilarious, and he obviously thinks so too.

But it's still a MUST-HAVE.

Did you get my package, by the way?
[Edited by FPM C10]
May 26th, 2005 11:09 AM
Madafaka I got that dvd too, but is easy to you set something up with FPM C10. If not, just tell me.
May 26th, 2005 12:05 PM
Martha
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I gotcha covered, Mrs. M. It'll take a tiny bit off my gigantic IOU.

I can't say that this dream team of my two favorite musical entities really "worked" - it's funnier than it is awesome. Watching Mick trying to synchronize his vocals with Dylan is hilarious, and he obviously thinks so too.

But it's still a MUST-HAVE.

Did you get my package, by the way?
[Edited by FPM C10]

Darlin' I should have guessed it would be you who'd rescue me! I have two excellent photos sent to me by Parmeda of Mick and Bob singing together at this sow ( I think) ...Bob is laughin' his ass off and Mick is wearing a mustard yellow long sleeve cotton knit shirt laughin alongside him. I know how Bob gets when he sings "duets". He ran Willie all over the register when they sang I Shall Be Released. I think...I bet Willie can't wait to be released from trying to sing along with Bob the Imp! He purposely tries to throw people off when he duets. IMP!

I DID get said package and haven't been able to transfer any of it yet. Just got a bunch of new stuff transfered that I'll be sending around.....hehehe...but your's is on the list. I'll keep you updated.

Soon Ronnie!

love, kisses and hugs,
Martha the Music Pharey!

May 26th, 2005 12:08 PM
Martha
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
I got that dvd too, but is easy to you set something up with FPM C10. If not, just tell me.

That is so sweet of you to offer. Thanks! FPM will cover me this time around. But I thank you for the offer. This board has the kindest most generous people as it's members. We are so blessed!

xxxxxxoooooo,
Martha Mellowcamp

May 26th, 2005 12:39 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Martha wrote:
That is so sweet of you to offer. Thanks! FPM will cover me this time around. But I thank you for the offer. This board has the kindest most generous people as it's members. We are so blessed!

xxxxxxoooooo,
Martha Mellowcamp

You're more than welcome Martha!

BTW, the pix that Parmeda sent you are the same I've put them online in the Superblow thread a time ago.
There are from an Argentinian magazine called 'GENTE' and were taken during the last BD - RS concert here in Buenos Aires.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)