ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Nico
Musicland Studios, Munich November 1973 with Giorgio Moroder
© Pop Magazine Germany - with thanks to Nico Zentgraf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New album - what do you expect? Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 25th, 2005 10:48 PM
exile What is it that you all didn’t like about Voodoo?

I actually liked Voodoo above Steel Wheels, not by much but its close.

Although Continental drift was awesome. very creative.

I just hope keith lays off the reggae

May 26th, 2005 12:32 AM
Poplar
quote:
exile wrote:
I actually liked Voodoo above Steel Wheels, not by much but its close. Although Continental drift was awesome. very creative.

CD and Mixed Emotions are the only good tunes on that album. I think Voodoo is much better, and sounds excellent. we'd be lucky is the next effort "sounds" as cool as the Lounge.

quote:
exile wrote:
I just hope keith lays off the reggae

NOOOOO! gotta be another reggae tune!
May 26th, 2005 03:20 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
Ian what is the best album the Stones have ever made in your opinion? Just curious.

probably the one with that strange guys face on the front
May 26th, 2005 04:02 AM
beer Yes, Voodoo was better than Steel Wheels.
As to what to expect? I bet it'll be a mixed bag as usual but this time the songs will be much more stronger. Jagger certainly knows this. Throw in a curse word and a dirty riff.Is that all it takes?
I hope there's much more.......

-
May 26th, 2005 04:23 AM
IanBillen [quote]ListenToTheLion wrote:
Ian what is the best album the Stones have ever made in your opinion? Just curious.

Well. I really don't want to fall in the same mold as alot of others but I have to give credit where credit deserves to be given.

IMO it is Exile on Main Street. It was totaly real. It didn't need any type fancy production because that isn't what it's about.
It's about them being them. Entirely. Playing till the end of the road if that day should ever come. EOMS was a true look into The Rolling Stones heart and soul and had an openess to that that hasn't been 100% exposed before, or since that.

I used to wonder why alot of folks thought it was so great. Then one day when I was 24 I got it.

Now,
My personal favorite is Goats Head Soup. I realize it isn't their totaly greatest album but it seems to really have a special spot for me. I don't know why.

Here, IMHO are the stones greatest works. From Number one on down though number six.

1. Exile
2. Let it Bleed
3. Beggars
4. Sticky Fingers
5. Some Girls
6. Voodoo Lounge

Ian
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)