ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Nico
Musicland Studios, Munich November 1973 with Giorgio Moroder
© Pop Magazine Germany - with thanks to Nico Zentgraf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New album - what do you expect? Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 24th, 2005 01:35 PM
Jair I would be very satisfied with some record at the same level of Steel Wheels, imo the last Stones very good album.

Mick was singing much better, at least, ditto about the performances of the other guys...

May 24th, 2005 01:54 PM
blackandblue I don't expect anything. It would surprise me if they can do the trick once again.
May 24th, 2005 03:50 PM
Poplar
sounds like we've got at least one good song coming our way. i have a feeling it will be solid, if mick can deliver some acceptable lyrics.

May 24th, 2005 03:59 PM
Dan
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
I don't expect anything. It would surprise me if they can do the trick once again.

I am expecting $19.99 retail.
May 24th, 2005 04:10 PM
glencar Steel Wheels? Oofah! I expect Undercover or better.
May 24th, 2005 05:17 PM
Joey
quote:
Jair wrote:
I would be very satisfied with some record at the same level of Steel Wheels, imo the last Stones very good album.

Mick was singing much better, at least, ditto about the performances of the other guys...

Two Words :

IT'S HARD

Cassie & Yates ! ™
May 24th, 2005 06:21 PM
Flashpoint Steel Wheels level would be nice.....they were very creative in that record.....although the production was not good.
Anyway with AHYS ,Sad Sad Sad, Slipping, C.Drift and Mixed you can't go wrong...true classic stones.

And definitely Mick has to come out with good lyrics, and he still can....Saint of Me , Flip the Switch and recently Old Habits Die Hard gives me the right
May 24th, 2005 07:27 PM
gotdablouse Yes, but ONNYAgain probably ranks as the worst stuff he's come up with in decades, actually I can't think of anything worse, ever ? Maybe the outtake of "So Young" when he sings about putting his "dick back on the leash" but at least that was funny.
May 24th, 2005 07:40 PM
Poplar
Just about all of BtoB had unbearable lyrics. Voodoo wasn't much better. I think ONNYA is a step up from most of that crap.
May 24th, 2005 08:12 PM
72Tele Some very good drumming, some great riffs, some good production and lots of bad lyrics. And for me that means 2-3 weeks of heavy rotation on my CD player then a move to the CD rack where after a few months it will collect dust with every other post 1980 release. I can cringe just so many times! I know lots of fans say "who care about the lyrics I don't even listen. Well to me a good sounding song with awful lyrics is about as usefull as a girl with a great set of tits but her pussy is sewn shut.
[Edited by 72Tele]
May 24th, 2005 08:47 PM
Jair
quote:
72Tele wrote:
Some very good drumming, some great riffs, some good production and lots of bad lyrics. And for me that means 2-3 weeks of heavy rotation on my CD player then a move to the CD rack where after a few months it will collect dust with every other post 1980 release. I can cringe just so many times! I know lots of fans say "who care about the lyrics I don't even listen. Well to me a good sounding song with awful lyrics is about as usefull as a girl with a great set of tits but her pussy is sewn shut.
[Edited by 72Tele]

Well, English is not my first language, but I couldn't agree more.
Bad lyrics really sux! See, for example, Mick singing in GITD. Damn, THAT is really bad. I'm from Brasil, and I can't stand that. Is simply awful!

Come on, Mick, show some self respect!!!

May 24th, 2005 09:11 PM
doo doo doo Dude Some Girls II
May 24th, 2005 09:26 PM
T&A i'm with most of those on this thread - low expectations, but willing to be pleasantly surprised. the muse left the boys after the left Marconi studios in '77....
May 24th, 2005 09:40 PM
Soldatti I expect a good Rolling Stones album, more close to Some Girls and Voodoo Lounge than Steel Wheels actaully.
May 24th, 2005 10:05 PM
Poplar
quote:
72Tele wrote:
to me a good sounding song with awful lyrics is about as usefull as a girl with a great set of tits but her pussy is sewn shut.
[Edited by 72Tele]

nuff said.
May 25th, 2005 04:51 AM
Honky Tonk Man I've said it before, we'll get a couple of catchy rockers, a couple of bland ones, a few dreary ballads, the odd experemental track and a couple with Keith crooning.
May 25th, 2005 05:15 AM
IanBillen
Something Rocking and up front! I want slash and trash Stones without seeming silly or trying. I want some really strong song writing from them on this one. Even stronger than Voodoo or B2B. As for Ballads, give me one strong one instead of two or three attempts. As for Keith, drop the love songs and touching numbers for now and put out a 999 style rocker with a new twist. Don Was's production has a great knack for not making things seem silly, yet the point is delivered nicely.
I hope he keeps his track record intact here.

Above all I want it to "fill you up". I want it to stick to your ribs six months or even three years down the road.

I know all this seems overly optomistic to some, or asking for a whole lot...well they charge a whole lot. And they are The Rolling Stones and make it very well known.

With their ticket prices and how they present themselves
why wouldn't someone expect this from them...reguardless of their age or what they have done before.

This is what I'd like this album to be. Will they do it....who the hell knows.

Ian
May 25th, 2005 06:57 AM
Zeeta Something that proves they :

ain't Fuckin Vegas acts

Do have big balls or balls at all

Can still turn up the guitars loudly and play well

Richards/Jagger song writing partnership still is effective
==================================================
You know basically not another shitty Bridges. At least something like Voodoo Lounge perhaps.
Something that prioves that they aren't lazy bastards and will pull out something actually worthwhile. NOT a Live Licks poo.

I simply hope its a good album...think positively

May 25th, 2005 06:58 AM
J.J.Flash Here Jay expects sorta Sticky Fingers of the 21th century......

"Slide on this Ronnie"
May 25th, 2005 07:01 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
[...]
At least something like Voodoo Lounge perhaps.
[...]

Say it ain't so Jayish!
May 25th, 2005 07:12 AM
egon I expect some kick ass music... at least.
May 25th, 2005 07:16 AM
Zeeta
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Say it ain't so Jayish!

Yeah but lets face it - the album is unlikely to better that. Not that Voodoo is amazing or anything but lets get real.

Anyway how is god's playground Brazil?
May 25th, 2005 08:32 AM
IanBillen "I've said it before, we'll get a couple of catchy rockers, a couple of bland ones, a few dreary ballads, the odd experemental track and a couple with Keith crooning."

____________________________________________________________________________________

Well this has been the last three Stones albums as you already know. I hope it doesn't get into a formula thing with this approach. We need a change up about now.

*.....speaking of change-ups....Gazza is in the mood for a chang-up himself as I can see by my font color. Not Shabby.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
[Edited by IanBillen]
May 25th, 2005 08:38 AM
IanBillen [quote]egon wrote:
I expect some kick ass music... at least.

I am hoping. Mick keeps describing the new album as "hard-hitting". We really do need a hard hitting, direct, in your face Stones album now.

-The cold, echoey sound of Steel Wheels is dead. (thankfully)

-Voodoo was so warm and humid. (now I want hot!)

-Bridges was a cold, lonely, personal approach.

Now we need a Hotty of an album with some great raunch n roll.

Ian
May 25th, 2005 09:40 AM
ListenToTheLion Ian what is the best album the Stones have ever made in your opinion? Just curious.
May 25th, 2005 02:08 PM
72Tele Keiths lyrics on his solo stuff are really great. Not in a Bob Dylan way or even in a Paul Westerberg way but still really good. The words really fit the music and seems to flow as natural as his guitar playing. For me not one cringe on either record. "Drinking Tangeruey" is very very good. I realize all these songs have co-credits so maybe he didn't have much to do with the words but my guess is he had alot to do with them. "it's not enough. It's not enough for me........... so the bruises don't show"

I'm not looking for anything as good as "Gimmie Shelter" or "Street Fighting man" but hey how about another "Beast of Burden" or "Hand of Fate". Something clever! Please no shaving kit rymes.
May 25th, 2005 03:02 PM
voodoopug
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
[quote]egon wrote:
I expect some kick ass music... at least.

I am hoping. Mick keeps describing the new album as "hard-hitting". We really do need a hard hitting, direct, in your face Stones album now.

-The cold, echoey sound of Steel Wheels is dead. (thankfully)

-Voodoo was so warm and humid. (now I want hot!)

-Bridges was a cold, lonely, personal approach.

Now we need a Hotty of an album with some great raunch n roll.

Ian

expect this album to be above average with one too many ballads though. I expect some harmonica playing as well as some songs that will attempt to be radio friendly.
May 25th, 2005 06:31 PM
Madafaka I expect a new Rolling Stones album full of great songs! If I could chose, I'd prefer an album similar to Beggars Banquet or Exile, but I couldn't, so I'll be waiting the best they can do!
And this time, I wanna an excellent art cover.
Why Pink Floyd can add a red led in their packaging and Stones can't?
May 25th, 2005 07:49 PM
Soldatti >>And this time, I wanna an excellent art cover.
Why Pink Floyd can add a red led in their packaging and Stones can't?

Madafaka, if the album is good I don't care the cover.
BTW, that cover of Pulse is shocking but no way in hell that the Stones will do that.
May 25th, 2005 09:25 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Madafaka, if the album is good I don't care the cover.

Well, I expect a good album with a nice cover. You can say that I'm an ambitious man, no prob
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)