ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Nico
Musicland Studios, Munich November 1973 with Giorgio Moroder
© Pop Magazine Germany - with thanks to Nico Zentgraf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: sold out? Return to archive
May 23rd, 2005 09:45 PM
iluvmickjagger07 when they say tickets are sold out, does that mean they are sold out to individuals or to companies?
i told my dad how quick the tickets are selling out.
like my friend's mom said in boston, tickets were sold out in a matter of 10 minutes. 10 MINUTES!
my dad said that doesnt mean individuals cant purchase it, it means companies have bought them all and now the companies are selling them to individuals.
is this true?

p.s sorry if this doesnt make sense. its sometimes difficult for me to explain things.
thanks
<3 sarah
[Edited by iluvmickjagger07]
May 23rd, 2005 09:47 PM
Madafaka Well, Gazza told me that tickets to U2 concerts in Dublin were sold out in 3 minutes, so...
May 24th, 2005 08:17 AM
gimmekeef I think your father may be talking about companies known as Ticket Brokers or more accurately scalpers.What they do is attempt (quite successfully I might add) to buy large numbers of good seats and then re-sell them to the public at a huge profit.Other businesses will also buy tickets to distribute to key customers to enhance their business relationship...kind of like a bribe....I'm waiting to be bribed as we speak....
May 24th, 2005 10:12 AM
Joey
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Well, Gazza told me that tickets to U2 concerts in Dublin were sold out in 3 minutes, so...

I watched my 03/28/05 U2 San Diego concert again last evening and I must admit .......I am now a fan of Bono & Company !

Word .

Jacky
May 26th, 2005 09:44 PM
PlayWithFire
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
my dad said that doesnt mean individuals cant purchase it, it means companies have bought them all and now the companies are selling them to individuals.
<3 sarah
[Edited by iluvmickjagger07]

Your father is correct. Tickets allocated to the TM sales have either sold out or been pulled from sales at this point (faux sellout). However, tickets allocated for venue, sponsor, band, promoter use are still out there - which can be as much as 50% of the seats in the venue. Venues, sponsors and promoters have tickets available. Companies are buying up blocks of tickets from the venue and giving them away to clients, employees, etc... Sponsors have tickets they are giving away. The same with promoters who have tickets they may be selling in promotions.

If you want to know if a venue has tickets, call up the sales office. Tell them you need 25 tickets and would like to have a pre-show cocktail party at the venue. If you're willing to pay the price, they'll come up with the tickets.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)