ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Nico
Musicland Studios, Munich November 1973 with Giorgio Moroder
© Pop Magazine Germany - with thanks to Nico Zentgraf
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Columbus already being scalped?! Return to archive
May 23rd, 2005 10:44 AM
Jacobesque1 A broker site that I went to.. ticketsnow.com is already selling large groups of Front Section Columbus tickets at outrageous prices....how is this possible before any presales have been annouced?!
May 23rd, 2005 11:57 AM
Jacobesque1 This isnt a plug...by outrageous I meant way too expensive...I didnt know they were allowed to sell these at all before any presales...they must have been preallotted to these people...seems like a racket to me.
May 23rd, 2005 12:33 PM
Dan You might want to see if the tickets are in hand because from what I have heard, the contracts haven't even been finalized.
May 23rd, 2005 01:52 PM
Martha
quote:
Dan wrote:
You might want to see if the tickets are in hand because from what I have heard, the contracts haven't even been finalized.

WTF?????? Not FINALIZED!?!?! Please tell me more. This is the show closest to me.
May 23rd, 2005 03:23 PM
White House Lawn I'm a bit anxious for news as well, seeing as how there's no Cleveland show this tour . . . !
May 23rd, 2005 03:38 PM
Dan
quote:
Martha wrote:

WTF?????? Not FINALIZED!?!?! Please tell me more. This is the show closest to me.

I am just going by what someone on Shidoobee who seems to be in the know had posted. But if you notice on TM there is no onsale date or pricing.
May 23rd, 2005 03:46 PM
gimmekeef Lots of folks waiting on this one....its gonna be gone in minutes I fear...going to try presale if/when announced...
May 25th, 2005 11:08 PM
time is on my side I don't think the Columbus show is being cancelled. On many sites, including Ticketbastard, it's listed as a confirmed show. It's scheduled to take place September 24, 2005.

What remains to be determined is when tickets will actually go on sale. This is not unusual as all tickets for the Stones have been staggered week to week. First, they start a presale before putting the tickets on sale to the general public.

It seems Columbus will probably go on sell within the next few weeks.
May 26th, 2005 12:47 AM
Dan Columbus may not be cancelled but apparently the contracts may not have been signed and the promotors got cold feet because of Pittsburgh and Detroit.

No prices listed, no showtime listed, no onsale date listed. It just has that weird Ticketmaster look to shows that were in the system and never happened or already onsale shows that are about to be cancelled or changed.

I am not saying its not going to happen or scare any of you folks in Columbus, I hope you get a show, it just looks suspicious.
May 26th, 2005 08:03 AM
gimmekeef Columbus is showing as a prime Saturday night date.They're goin to be playing somewhere.If promoters are worried then wouldnt Cleveland or Cincinnati be waiting in the wings?....Or are they perhaps considering a Stadium somewhere in Ohio because this is Saturday date...?
May 26th, 2005 09:04 AM
Scottfree Part of the problem maybe that OSU and Iowa play that day in Cbus...I hope they keep this date, or I may not be seeing the Stones.....By the way I live 2 miles from the Arena, we'll be having a pre-party come one, come all...That is if their actually going to take the stage....
May 26th, 2005 09:56 AM
Martha Thanks for posting so much info about Columbus everyone. I check several times a day to see if Txbastard has any more info up. I do remember the Cleveland show at Gund did not sell well in 2002. I think the Columbus show in 2002 sold better overall, I remember it was packed.

Scottfree can I come to your pre-party! :-)

All times are on our side!

xxoo,
MM
May 26th, 2005 12:28 PM
Dan Cleveland apparently turned them down this tour.
May 26th, 2005 03:45 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr. If Columbus doesn't happen, they can always hit up Cincinnati, Louisville, or Indianapolis (hopefully still on Sept. 24, Saturdays are always great). They haven't played any of those towns in years.
May 26th, 2005 03:49 PM
glencar
quote:
Dan wrote:
Cleveland apparently turned them down this tour.

Really? Does Cleveland have something better going on?
May 26th, 2005 04:24 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:

Really? Does Cleveland have something better going on?

Probably something better for the money they are willing to spend. Last tour, there were a few thousand empty seats and a few tarped over sections in the back. And they probably want a million or so dollars more this time. That last sentence is just a guess but its probably close to the mark.
May 26th, 2005 04:25 PM
glencar I wasn't there but the audio CD from that show marks it as one of the best. Too bad for my old town.
May 26th, 2005 04:56 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
I wasn't there but the audio CD from that show marks it as one of the best. Too bad for my old town.

Thats one of my favorites! At least the Stones can really give it their all whether or not its a sold out show. And the taper gets extra points for taping Elvis Costello too!
May 26th, 2005 05:23 PM
GimmeExile I've heard about that Columbus boot! Is it being torrented anywhere?
May 26th, 2005 10:37 PM
TomL Don't Worry martha. But there may be a problem with Cow Town, Hopefully not. If the show goes on I will see you there. Let's Rock N Roll......
May 26th, 2005 11:53 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Columbus may not be cancelled but apparently the contracts may not have been signed and the promotors got cold feet because of Pittsburgh and Detroit.

Pittsburgh and Detroit definitely have ticket sale problems but they are the only ones. Ticket sales everywhere else are great. What does this have to do with Columbus??? Pittsburgh and Detroit are stadium shows while Columbus is a 20,000 arena show which is scheduled on a Saturday night and is within driving distance of the metro Cleveland and Cincinnati areas. What promoter wouldn't think this is going to sell out???

In fact, if Detroit and Pittsburgh were arena and not stadium shows, my guess is they would be close to being near sell outs right about now.

May 27th, 2005 12:19 AM
Dan Comerica Park was the third venue approached in Detroit, after the arena and Ford Field turned them down. Pittsburgh isnt selling well. We don't know exactly how many tickets have been sold so far but the local promotor for Columbus might. I am pretty sure its happening, just the Ticketmaster page looks strange right now.
May 27th, 2005 10:26 AM
Martha
quote:
TomL wrote:
Don't Worry martha. But there may be a problem with Cow Town, Hopefully not. If the show goes on I will see you there. Let's Rock N Roll......

You have restored my faith in this show taking place darlin'! I can't wait to see you there I will want extra hugs and kisses from you this time!

:-)
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)