ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy Birthday Charlie!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: James Blunt: At Least My Music Gets Me Laid Return to archive
26th May 2006 09:02 AM
Ten Thousand Motels James Blunt: At Least My Music Gets Me Laid
Blunster hits back at 'bastard' critics...
gigwise.com

James Blunt delivered a blunt message to his “bastard” detractors yesterday – telling them at least his music is “getting me laid”.

The You’re Beautiful singer has enjoyed both massive success and vitriolic criticism since the release of his debut album Back To Bedlam – but the Bluntster was in defiant mood at the Ivor Novello Music Awards last night, where he picked up two gongs.

He said, “To all those bastards who don’t like my music who don’t like my music – you’re all adults, you can switch your radio off.

“I don’t have to listen to it, I’m the one who sings it…. and it’s continued to get me laid.”
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
26th May 2006 09:14 AM
Trey Krimsin Two things:

1) I DO turn the radio away when that fucking awful song comes on the radio.

2) Saying his music continues to get him laid doesn't say much about James Blunt's audience. Bad taste all around!
26th May 2006 09:15 AM
egon Im sure they offer to sleep with him as long as he stops
whining.

Hell, I'm even tempted!
26th May 2006 09:23 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I've never heard any of his records, that I know of, but from what I understand his music sucks. And he'll be forgotten in a couple of years. He does have a point though. Whatever it takes dahlin', whatever it takes.
26th May 2006 09:38 AM
Bruno Here in Brazil (as around the world, I think) the annoying You´re Beautiful is playing all the time, everywhere. It is the soundtrack of the most popular soap opera here.

I hate his voice. He must be interested only in getting laid, the video is only he taking his shirt off. A song for stupid girls and boys.
26th May 2006 09:48 AM
corgi37 When it 1st came out, "Your beautiful" was ok. I didnt mind his voice (almost Neil Young-ish) - plus - and dont tell anyone - but i'd sing the words to my old girlfriend, who i see but we broke up 22 years ago, and she went all soppy. Yeah, sure, things happened, and i owe this fucker a beer.

But....ENOUGH!!!!! I cant believe this joker was in the army. With a voice like that??? Fuck, its like nails on a bloody black board. His 15 minutes are up. But, ya know, its true. He'll fuck so many MILFS for the next 40 years, that i bet Bill Wyman will be watching his stat sheet real close. And, 1 hit single, 1 very well selling album, and James Blunt never has to work again.

Now, please, some one offer me a deal. Have i got a song for you!
26th May 2006 10:25 AM
Ihavelotsajam I dont get the voice-- I know tastes differ and all that, but I have a really hard time understanding how anyone can listen to that voice. He sounds like a goat on helium.
[Edited by Ihavelotsajam]
26th May 2006 10:28 AM
sirmoonie Who is this person?

Someone tell him booze can get you laid just as easy.
26th May 2006 10:32 AM
egon
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Someone tell him booze can get you laid just as easy.

not in james' case

26th May 2006 10:36 AM
Ronnie Richards Blunt is so bad he's pure evil.
I hate his bland fucking muzak.
26th May 2006 11:20 AM
glencar Ain't he the fucker wot kept Stones from #1 on the Brit charts?
26th May 2006 12:08 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
glencar wrote:
Ain't he the fucker wot kept Stones from #1 on the Brit charts?

Yes.
26th May 2006 12:33 PM
Honky Tonk Man I can't stand the whiny bastard.

He's huge over here and noticing him on The David Letterman show the other night only made me realise that he's obviously getting pretty big in the States too. Actually, there was quite a telling article I read about him a few weeks ago. Apparently, the reason he's becoming a success across the Atlantic is because he has a crack team of Americans behind him ensuring that he does everything right to make him a success there. An obvious example is a lyric in the song, You're Beautiful. In an interview he stated that the line "I saw you in the subway" was coined after he spotted a former lover on the London Underground. Well, why not sing "I saw her on the tube"? He values US success too much, that’s why. Gaining success in such a market should be a major goal for any act, but don't pander to them!
26th May 2006 12:36 PM
glencar His one song was a huge hit here but i don't think he's followed it up with anything. I agree about the need to not pander.
26th May 2006 12:48 PM
MemoFromTinaTurner Fuck James Blunt. I fucking hate that piece of shit he calls music. "You're Beautiful" is one of the most annoying tunes I've ever heard.

BTW, did you know the guy is actually an aristocrat? He even had to change his real name because it sounded too aristocratic. He had to change it so people would take him seriously. You know, it would be pretty retarded to have an aristocrat whinning and moaning like he does.
26th May 2006 09:56 PM
Soldatti I hate this guy and can't stand Youre Beautiful, can't believe that he stole the #1 from the Stones' ABB and only by 11 copies.
26th May 2006 10:01 PM
pdog
quote:
Bruno wrote:
Here in Brazil (as around the world, I think) the annoying You´re Beautiful is playing all the time, everywhere. It is the soundtrack of the most popular soap opera here.

I hate his voice. He must be interested only in getting laid, the video is only he taking his shirt off. A song for stupid girls and boys.

Streets Of Love was used in an American Sopa for 2 months...
I think we know how bad it is already!
27th May 2006 01:41 AM
Bruno Yeah, it is terrible when they use a sing to a soap opera, it gets played all the time, it´s get being so overplayed that you want to kill the man who written it.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)