ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy Birthday Charlie!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pearl Jam Tonight (nsc) Return to archive
26th May 2006 01:07 AM
lotsajizz My fifteenth time seeing Eddie and the boys--as good as ever and in some respect this was the best show I saw them put on since '98. Eddie was full of piss and vinegar and his voice was the rip-roaring gusto machine we've come to expect. He was less talkative than some past nights but it was good to hear him greet Theo Epstein!! Mike McCready and Matt Cameron just keep gettin' better and better!!

Eddie, preset, solo--before anyone came on, only a few hundred in the arena yet: Porch - a bitchin' version with plenty of growl

My Morning Jacket (the opening act, quite good) set list: It Makes No Difference (w/ Eddie Vedder)

Pearl Jam main set list: Severed Hand, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, Dissident, Even Flow, Marker In The Sand, Low Light, Insignificant, Army Reserve, Garden, I Got Shit, State of Love And Trust, Comatose, Inside Job, Rearviewmirror--if only the Stones could display the energy PJ does on this (well, they can--but not for too long)!!!

1st encore Set: Life Wasted (Reprise), Man of the Hour, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Parachutes, Black / (We Belong Together), Alive

2nd encore: Why Go, Life Wasted, Smile, Indifference, Leash, Rockin’ In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter / (Star Spangled Banner)

A last comment---having been to two Red Sox games this week and now Pearl Jam tonight---the recent Boston fans are 67% current or future alcoholics and some of the most drunken assholes of any crowd I've seen---and I've seen MANY!!! most of 'em are friggin' college kids who are acting like its their first drink--except they're on their twelth!!

[Edited by lotsajizz]
26th May 2006 10:10 AM
voodoopug unbeleivable...they played Leash? the ten club section had to be going nuts. This looks like a great set. The new songs are really working well live, my favorites are Gone, Life Wasted, and Inside Job.

How do you like the "reworked" Garden? I am glad I caught those three shows last week, I may have to catch another one!

26th May 2006 10:15 AM
pdog Have fun...
26th May 2006 10:45 AM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:
Have fun...

please add to your avatar....it is very busy in my office today (and sadly, it is pug free in here today as I left my little surgery rehab patient at home today to get some rest and bark at the deer behind our house.)
26th May 2006 12:48 PM
Nellcote Boston sports station said Leash was last played in '94 at Boston Gahden.
Not surprising, as one of their most ardent fans is one Theo Epstein, the GM of the Red Sox, who was recently engaged.
As well, Boston is a World Class City.

Jizz, I'm dissapointed in your opinion of Bahston fans.
I've encountered many of the same, in the 70's at
Providence Civic Center, now known as "the dunk", never would I categorize these fun seeking youths as you have Bahston fans. I always would give this type of flamboyant fun seeker a path to right their perceived wrong. I suggest if this type of encounter should occur in future engagements you attend, you employ your vast negotiating skills to encourage these type of individuals to "see the light".
Thank you for your continued support and cooperation.
26th May 2006 12:49 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
unbeleivable...they played Leash? the ten club section had to be going nuts. This looks like a great set. The new songs are really working well live, my favorites are Gone, Life Wasted, and Inside Job.

How do you like the "reworked" Garden? I am glad I caught those three shows last week, I may have to catch another one!

Leash was friggin' INCREDIBLE--a perfect version to boot!! And, yes, the hardcore 10-Clubbers in fron were going ape-shit!! This was about the fortieth time I've seen a show at the "new" Gahden--beats the Hell out of the old one--one of the most obsolete facilities I was ever in. Did I mention that Theo Epstein (GM of the Bosox for the uniititated) jammed with 'em last night?!?
26th May 2006 12:54 PM
Dan The LA show is looking somewhat tempting, I just don't want to pay more than $20-30.
26th May 2006 01:48 PM
Factory Girl Should I see PJ in crappy seats for $54? TIA!

FG!
26th May 2006 02:02 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Should I see PJ in crappy seats for $54? TIA!

FG!

long setlists and good mixes of familiar, rare, and new tunes make it worth it.
26th May 2006 02:21 PM
pdog Buy the tix out front! Better seats, better prices! And the excitement of going to a show w/o a ticket, priceless.
26th May 2006 02:57 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
Buy the tix out front! Better seats, better prices! And the excitement of going to a show w/o a ticket, priceless.

I don't like to do it any other way.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)