ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy Birthday Charlie!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I leave for two days (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
25th May 2006 04:44 PM
voodoopug It is glaringly obvious that in my two day absence, things have simply fallen apart. the stones have cancelled (postponed) more dates (as I had predicted), floated rumors of a joey orgasm inducing Who-Stones show (which he will not attend as it will not be in Omaha), and there are rumors of JB with John Holmes'esque qualities. that is the best that could be posted this week?

Next time, before I leave I will provide all of you with a list of "approved topics" to avoid future humiliation.
25th May 2006 05:12 PM
parmeda Welcome back, pug.

...I missed ya!
25th May 2006 05:17 PM
voodoopug
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Welcome back, pug.

...I missed ya!

you know its coming baby!!!!
25th May 2006 05:18 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
It is glaringly obvious that in my two day absence, things have simply fallen apart. the stones have cancelled (postponed) more dates (as I had predicted), floated rumors of a joey orgasm inducing Who-Stones show (which he will not attend as it will not be in Omaha), and there are rumors of JB with John Holmes'esque qualities. that is the best that could be posted this week?

Next time, before I leave I will provide all of you with a list of "approved topics" to avoid future humiliation.

Thank you Pug - the ship was drifting wildly w/o you!

Sadly, JB has devolved into pedantic rantings of phallic exagerations and snipes at some of the most beloved of Rocks Off posters.

As a relative newbie, I was both shocked and dismayed at his demise. Does such madness await all of us in here?
25th May 2006 05:20 PM
voodoopug
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

you know its coming baby!!!!

Sun Times
BY MIKE KILEY Staff Reporter

MIAMI -- Kerry Wood is 2-for-2 in 2006. After both of his starts since returning from shoulder surgery, the Cubs have been uncertain if he could pitch again four days later.

Manager Dusty Baker said Wednesday that Wood might not make his next scheduled start Sunday against the Atlanta Braves at Wrigley Field.

Baker added that the Cubs could recall right-hander Jae Kuk Ryu from Class AAA Iowa to start Sunday. Ryu was being groomed in the minors to get the start next Tuesday against the Cincinnati Reds, but if Wood needs a couple of extra days to recover, Ryu might get the nod Sunday with Wood going Tuesday on six days' rest.

Both pitchers started Tuesday at their respective levels. Wood held the Florida Marlins to two hits in five innings but walked five and allowed three runs in a 5-4 loss. Ryu lasted eight innings in Iowa's 7-3 victory over Sacramento, allowing three hits and a walk.

Officially, Wood hasn't been scratched from Sunday's start. He didn't have a bullpen session between his first and second starts, and it's unknown if soreness will keep him from a full workout again before his third start.

"We're going to see how he feels,'' Baker said. "He was a little stiff [Tuesday], and it took him a while to get warmed up. It took him a long time to get loose. So we are going to see if he is going to feel good enough to do it Sunday or if he needs to skip a turn.''

Pitching coach Larry Rothschild said Wood threw 60 pitches Tuesday in his pregame warmup in the bullpen. Some pitchers need as few as 35 pitches, while others require between 40 and 50.

Wood then threw 28 pitches in the first inning, walking the first two batters as he struggled to find a fluid form.

"He probably won't need to warm up as long the more that he recovers,'' Rothschild said. "We are well aware of where he is.''

Wood refused to comment when a team spokesman asked him to speak with reporters about his situation.

Rothschild stressed that the Cubs expected Wood to have these issues in his comeback from right shoulder surgery last August -- just as the fact Wood had to loosen up in the first inning Tuesday was no surprise.

"He battled his way,'' Rothschild said. "It's not the Wood you have seen through the years. There's going to be times he gets back to that. The slider was a little better. He threw some good curves. He pumped up the velocity a little.''

But nothing is coming as quickly as he or the fans want.
25th May 2006 05:24 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sun Times
BY MIKE KILEY Staff Reporter

MIAMI -- Kerry Wood is 2-for-2 in 2006. After both of his starts since returning from shoulder surgery, the Cubs have been uncertain if he could pitch again four days later.

Manager Dusty Baker said Wednesday that Wood might not make his next scheduled start Sunday against the Atlanta Braves at Wrigley Field.

Baker added that the Cubs could recall right-hander Jae Kuk Ryu from Class AAA Iowa to start Sunday. Ryu was being groomed in the minors to get the start next Tuesday against the Cincinnati Reds, but if Wood needs a couple of extra days to recover, Ryu might get the nod Sunday with Wood going Tuesday on six days' rest.

Both pitchers started Tuesday at their respective levels. Wood held the Florida Marlins to two hits in five innings but walked five and allowed three runs in a 5-4 loss. Ryu lasted eight innings in Iowa's 7-3 victory over Sacramento, allowing three hits and a walk.

Officially, Wood hasn't been scratched from Sunday's start. He didn't have a bullpen session between his first and second starts, and it's unknown if soreness will keep him from a full workout again before his third start.

"We're going to see how he feels,'' Baker said. "He was a little stiff [Tuesday], and it took him a while to get warmed up. It took him a long time to get loose. So we are going to see if he is going to feel good enough to do it Sunday or if he needs to skip a turn.''

Pitching coach Larry Rothschild said Wood threw 60 pitches Tuesday in his pregame warmup in the bullpen. Some pitchers need as few as 35 pitches, while others require between 40 and 50.

Wood then threw 28 pitches in the first inning, walking the first two batters as he struggled to find a fluid form.

"He probably won't need to warm up as long the more that he recovers,'' Rothschild said. "We are well aware of where he is.''

Wood refused to comment when a team spokesman asked him to speak with reporters about his situation.

Rothschild stressed that the Cubs expected Wood to have these issues in his comeback from right shoulder surgery last August -- just as the fact Wood had to loosen up in the first inning Tuesday was no surprise.

"He battled his way,'' Rothschild said. "It's not the Wood you have seen through the years. There's going to be times he gets back to that. The slider was a little better. He threw some good curves. He pumped up the velocity a little.''

But nothing is coming as quickly as he or the fans want.

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...sorry, you needed that....
25th May 2006 05:26 PM
Saint Sway oh shit!! the chicago baseball posts are already starting!!

::slams head on keyboard::

Pugs in charge? The board is dead!

Looks like as good as time as any to take an exteneded absence.

(yeah yeah I know.... I see the standing ovation and wild looks of delirious glee throughout the Rocks Off crowd. But you'll miss me. Sort of.)
25th May 2006 05:28 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
oh shit!! the chicago baseball posts are already starting!!

::slams head on keyboard::

Pugs in charge? The board is dead!

Looks like as good as time as any to take an exteneded absence.

(yeah yeah I know.... I see the standing ovation and wild looks of delirious glee throughout the Rocks Off crowd. But you'll miss me. Sort of.)

Clearly this board is in need of new leadership - new direction.

Sway - perhaps YOU are the one to lead us all into next week!

Ask not what your Rocks Off can do for you, but what you can do for Rocks Off...(did I just steal one from Joey?)
25th May 2006 05:30 PM
voodoopug
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

Clearly this board is in need of new leadership - new direction.

Sway - perhaps YOU are the one to lead us all into next week!

Ask not what your Rocks Off can do for you, but what you can do for Rocks Off...(did I just steal one from Joey?)

25th May 2006 05:30 PM
Some Guy sup pug?
25th May 2006 05:32 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
sup pug?

doing well my friend...very busy at the office, and a bit fatigued...but still making things happen!
25th May 2006 05:33 PM
Some Guy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

doing well my friend...very busy at the office, and a bit fatigued...but still making things happen!

did you hear about a meltdown?
25th May 2006 05:42 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

JB meltdown photo?
25th May 2006 05:44 PM
Some Guy that was pretty good
25th May 2006 05:49 PM
voodoopug
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

JB meltdown photo?

25th May 2006 05:52 PM
Saint Sway I warned you!

My advice, follow my lead and flee now before we are all sucked in to the ESPN zone
25th May 2006 05:54 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I warned you!

My advice, follow my lead and flee now before we are all sucked in to the ESPN zone

25th May 2006 05:54 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I warned you!

I am sorry I doubted you!

Never again...
25th May 2006 06:13 PM
LadyJane Sadly, I have been humiliated and shall NOT be greeted.

I am now in the same league as BILL PERKS.

LJ.
25th May 2006 06:15 PM
Some Guy
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Sadly, I have been humiliated and shall NOT be greeted.

LJ.

so that makes you LADY JANE
25th May 2006 06:17 PM
Saint Sway ABANDON SHIP!!!!! WOMAN AND CHILDREN FIRST!
25th May 2006 06:20 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

so that makes you LADY JANE

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD ONE!!!

you WILL BE GREETED.

LJ.
25th May 2006 06:20 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

LJ.

_________

I find PERKS to be among the most insightful posters in here, possessing within the brevity of his posts much to be learned...
25th May 2006 06:22 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
ABANDON SHIP!!!!! WOMAN AND CHILDREN FIRST!

Nmmmmmm dip dip Mmmmnnnnmm
Bum-ba-deeda-bum-ba-deeda bum-ba-deeda bum-ba-deeda (continued throughout)

Happy trails to you
Until we meet again
Happy trails to you
Keep smilin' until then

Who (Ooh-ooh) cares about the clouds when we're together
Just (Ahh-ahh-ahh) sing a song and think 'bout sunny weather

(two, three)
Happy trails to you
'Til we meet again
26th May 2006 10:35 AM
Joey " floated rumors of a joey orgasm inducing Who-Stones show (which he will not attend as it will not be in Omaha)"

Damn Straight My Brother !

" 24 May 2006
The Master's Plan "

" This is a scary and very exciting time. No one on the planet seems to understand my webcast plan for the forthcoming tour. And yet it is so simple. "

" Every show we play is bootlegged by someone. With Roger's OK already given I intend to bootleg Who shows myself and give the proceeds to charity. In the past we have done this in conjunction with www.themusic.com with what we have called the Encore Series of CDs, and presentation cases for serious collectors.

On this tour we will sell DVDs as well as CDs. We will also sell BitTorrent downloads through www.longliverock.org. We will also offer Podcasts through iTunes.

In addition we will webcast a Live Stream of 30 minutes featuring at least one LIVE number by the Who from every show for 99c. Proceeds to local health, childrens' and street charities.

This webcast will be set up by an edition of IN THE ATTIC in which Rachel Fuller, Mikey Cuthbert, Simon Townshend and myself will appear LIVE with guests like PRIMAL SCREAM, ARCTIC MONKEYS, THE STROKES. By the way, it's looking pretty good that IN THE ATTIC will appear on TV after the tour - possibly VH1 who are considering the show at the moment.

Rachel plans to sell $10 LOTTERY TICKETS for the very last EVER guitar to be smashed by the legendary me (at Yokohama in Japan) the proceeds to go to a major International Charity and the New Orleans Appeal.

Every few weeks the Who will webcast an entire show for a major charity - we are considering some causes at the moment.

Why are we doing this? BECAUSE WE F***ING WELL CAN. Will it make us look good? WE DON'T GIVE A F**K. (I can still be rather crude in my old age, you will probably have noticed).

If you are a corporate sponsor considering sponsoring the Who in this mammoth FIRST EVER tour webcast venture, get your head out of your arse and walk towards us. We are about to take off. "

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=280&zone=diary

26th May 2006 10:38 AM
voodoopug this is why you are without peer.
26th May 2006 10:54 AM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
this is why you are without peer.

I would like to nuzzle you .

The Who Tour - Update

Back to the news page

With venue details still to be confirmed for the US part of the tour, the band will be gigging Stateside between 7th September - 10th October & 5th November - 5th December. More info on the venues as it comes in.
A couple of additional dates have been added to the European leg of the tour
and the definitive schedule is now:

JUNE
17 Leeds University
18 Brighton Centre
25 Wireless Festival - Leeds
28 Ashton Gate Football Stadium, Bristol
30 Werchter Festival - Belgium

JULY
2 Hyde Park Calling Festival - London Hyde Park
3 Beaulieu Motor Museum – Hampshire, England
5 Liverpool Docks
6 Liverpool Docks
8 Oxygen Festival – Naas, Eire
9 T-in-the-Park Festival, Kinross, Scotland
11 Bonn Museumplatz, Germany
12 Berlin Wuhleide, Germany
14 Locarno Moon & Stars, Switzerland
15 Sporting Club, Monte Carlo
17 Vienne Theatre,Antique(near Lyon),France
18 Metz Amneville Arena, France
20 Paleo Festival, Nyon, Switzerland
22 Lovely Days Festival, St Polten, Austria
23 Munsterplatz, Ulm, Germany
26 Palau St Jordi, Barcelona, Spain
27 Sports Palace, Madrid, Spain
29 Pabellon Principe Felipe, Zaragoza, Spain

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=281&zone=pr
26th May 2006 10:55 AM
Nellcote Joey, with all of this action with the 'oo, how are you holding it together?
26th May 2006 10:57 AM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

LJ.

LJ, where's your self-respect? You're leagues ahead of perksie.
26th May 2006 11:30 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
LJ, where's your self-respect? You're leagues ahead of perksie.

Perks does have pugs!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)