ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy Birthday Charlie!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith's injury = a club gig? Return to archive
25th May 2006 09:23 AM
Coming Down Again I was just sittin', drinkin', superficially thinkin' and came up with this idea...

Given that there is going to be such a long break between show and possibly some uncertainty as to how Keith will hold up on stage, do you think it possible that they might kick off this next leg of the tour with a club show?

I camped out and got into the Toronto club gig (barely) so hopefully you guys over there in the motherland will get one too.

Possibly the silver lining in this cloud?
25th May 2006 09:35 AM
FotiniD I'd - almost - sell my soul for a club gig It's my Stones-related Holy Grail. My Mecca.
25th May 2006 09:54 AM
Angiegirl No way, they're not going to lose any more money (clubshows -especially in Europe where they can't charge 1000+ euro a ticket if they'd like to sell out the place- cost them money), plus Keef's possible unstable playing/behavior will be even more noticeable in a club.

However, I like the way you think .
26th May 2006 02:22 AM
gorda That would be so cool! I'd camp out for that!
26th May 2006 06:31 AM
Steel Wheels What a great idea!

26th May 2006 09:10 AM
gimmekeef Funny to see this post.Was thinking that Keith might show up in around his Connecticut home in June for a one off jam with someone.There is a club nearby he's played before I think.Wonder whose booked there in June.?.Just to get his feel for the chops again....Cant see the Stones doing that..but likely a short rehearsal session in Europe first....
26th May 2006 09:59 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
No way, they're not going to lose any more money (clubshows -especially in Europe where they can't charge 1000+ euro a ticket if they'd like to sell out the place- cost them money), plus Keef's possible unstable playing/behavior will be even more noticeable in a club.

However, I like the way you think .

your wisdom always impresses me!
26th May 2006 09:52 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Coming Down Again wrote:
Given that there is going to be such a long break between show and possibly some uncertainty as to how Keith will hold up on stage, do you think it possible that they might kick off this next leg of the tour with a club show?

Do you believe in miracles?
26th May 2006 09:56 PM
pdog Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor will rejoin the band too!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)