ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy Birthday Charlie!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Let's Rob Mick Jagger" - Video! Return to archive Page: 1 2
19th May 2006 03:55 AM
FotiniD All thanks go to Mickijaggeroo who discovered this and posted it on IORR. Click at your own risk

www.tv.com/lets-rob-mick-jagger/show/58495/summary.html

There're three videos, one of them features Mick in what must be one of his most eyebrow-raising performances since Freejack

I mean - why?! He was GOOD at the "Man from Elysian Fields". He was actually GOOD. Why can't he either a) stick to music or b) actually choose roles that fit him?! I mean, although he plays himself, it looks wrong for some reason.
19th May 2006 06:16 AM
Jeep Thanks to Mickijaggeroo and FotiniD.
If you don't want to see some ads and access directly to the video click on the image below.
And breathe some fresh air before...it hurts !

One of the bad guys in the show was often seen as an informer in shows like NYPD Blue or Blind Justice.
NYPD Blue last 12 seasons on ABC.
Blind Justice last half of a season on ABC.
I guess that Let's Rob 'll only last 6 episodes on the same network.
19th May 2006 07:01 AM
PartyDoll MEG Oh My God! As JB would say: "humiliating!"

Why? Why? Why?!!!!
19th May 2006 07:21 AM
FotiniD See, a five-minute video shows you all the reasons you need to understand WHY Keith bashes Mick's solo records, the knighting thing etc.

Mick humiliates himself like no other does! I can't get inside his mind and understand how he makes these decisions. I mean, did he watch this and think "hey, nice acting I did there" or "yeah, rob my house series... Will sell!". He's a clever man, he's done so many things in his life... I just don't get him sometimes!

And then here we are talking about better setlists and how we'd like more club gigs, back to the roots etc... Not going to happen!
19th May 2006 09:45 AM
gimmekeef "Late Night With Keith Richards"..would be so much better!
19th May 2006 10:21 AM
Saint Sway PATHETIC!!!!
19th May 2006 10:38 AM
Mel Belli People, people, people! ... The character isn't supposed to be Mick Jagger but rather "Mick Jagger." He's a caricature: deliberately cheesy and ostentatious. It's supposed to be funny. I'm not sure it is, myself, but at the same time I think I can appreciate the attempt at irony...
19th May 2006 10:38 AM
steel driving hammer Yes, pathetic, but cute.

But still pathetic, but then again, cute.

It's tearing me apart!
19th May 2006 12:02 PM
Lucy_Bandersnatch It sound like most of what Mick said was ad-libbed. It sounds like he was told, here's this ridiculous place, just embellish the lines in the script and pretend it's yours...
19th May 2006 12:22 PM
monkeyman62

quote:
FotiniD wrote:
All thanks go to Mickijaggeroo who discovered this and posted it on IORR. Click at your own risk

www.tv.com/lets-rob-mick-jagger/show/58495/summary.html

There're three videos, one of them features Mick in what must be one of his most eyebrow-raising performances since Freejack

I mean - why?! He was GOOD at the "Man from Elysian Fields". He was actually GOOD. Why can't he either a) stick to music or b) actually choose roles that fit him?! I mean, although he plays himself, it looks wrong for some reason.

its called making as much money as you can , thats why
19th May 2006 12:28 PM
glencar Funniest thing on ABC next season!
19th May 2006 12:32 PM
luxury1 I thought Mick was funny as hell. He was the best part of those clips! And he looked mighty good too.
It's the rest of the cast/writing that smacked of trite/cliched sitcom hell.
19th May 2006 12:34 PM
glencar Luxy, you are "spot on" like usual!
19th May 2006 10:44 PM
Slavegirl He looks great!! and I love the toungue squirting butter! He seems all happy and chipper can't wait to see the whole show =)
20th May 2006 12:15 AM
PeerQueer AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Mick is having great fun with the image!

Brilliant!

Can't wait to see it!
20th May 2006 03:25 AM
MrPleasant Mick Jagger is a fucking genius. I wish I could look that good next week!
20th May 2006 04:00 AM
PeerQueer Slavegirl is hot!
20th May 2006 04:03 AM
MrPleasant That0s what I was jerkin' off. Howe about a trio

of people woth very serious jobs?

20th May 2006 04:12 AM
LadyJane Okay...I waited til dark of night/early morn' to watch this vid...plenty of booze, et al. to heighten my mood.

Hilarious!!! It IS.

WHY the fuss??

Mick is the only celebrity capable of making TOTAL, and genuine jest of his "fame

Keith too. I can't believe that drunken fucker just fell 15 ft ON HIS HEAD out of a coconut tree. He's apparently, much to MY surpise, gonna be just fine. Miracle...or just another chapter?

NO ONE compares. NO ONE.

WE get it.

They've given us the wildest ride....always have...still do.

WE are SO lucky.

LJ.

20th May 2006 05:25 AM
egon FUNNY!

Mick "playing" Mick.

"I love hats. i keep them at 60% humitity.
You're never alone when you have a hat"
20th May 2006 05:44 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:
FUNNY!

Mick "playing" Mick.

Funny as hell!!
Mick got a great sense of humor unlike many Stones Fans.
20th May 2006 09:11 AM
PartyDoll MEG O.K. I watched it again, trying to put aside my Stones addiction and viewing it like the normal couch potato American. To me, Mick is hilarious doing a caricature of himself, but America won't think so. Lucky if it lasts 6 shows, but we will all watch and DVD them and add them to our collections. Sadly, Mick's humor will be lost on the masses. He truly is a genius!!
20th May 2006 11:27 AM
glencar Does anybody remember when Jerri Hall did a sit com back in the 80's? Didn't last long.
20th May 2006 12:31 PM
Gimme Shelter I for one can't wait!
20th May 2006 01:53 PM
Cocaine_ Eyes I don't have the nerve to watch it yet. Later maybe.
20th May 2006 06:43 PM
Monkey Woman Ha! Silly and funny! What a vid, Mick must get kicks out of playing ridiculous versions of himself. Remember "Running out of luck"?
20th May 2006 07:13 PM
Bloozehound that's got to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen Mick do, poking fun at himself, that's even better than that simpsons episode with keith and micks rock camp

yogurt bath & the hat collection LOL

"I spend hours in here, you're never alone with a hat"
20th May 2006 07:16 PM
luxury1 the SNL skit he did with Jimmy Fallon was also great fun. Talking into the "mirror" that was Fallon--"pointin' mah fingers..." I had tears in my eyes from laughing
20th May 2006 07:26 PM
Bloozehound I forgot about that skit, that was funny

yeah Mick can be pretty cool, guess the stuck-up, pompous ass super star from Being Mick just kinda left a bad impression on my brain
[Edited by Bloozehound]
20th May 2006 11:15 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
egon wrote:
FUNNY!

especially after you have your "yoghurt bath"

hilarious
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)