ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Bang by TT!
Radrennbahn Weisensee, East Berlin, German Democratic Republic - 13th August 1990

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: They're the Stones Return to archive
05-21-03 09:26 PM
keefa I just watched the latest video on rs.com and realized just how awesome the stones really are. I mean of course I realized this before, but the sheer amount of INGENIOUS songs they have written consistantly over the years is incomparable to any other artist. They are peerless. YCAGWYW, Let's Spend the Night Togeather(to name a few), all of these songs I haven't listened to lately but GOD DAMN they are great songs -if you really listen to the opening piano in LSTNG or the opening horns in YCAGWYW, the rump shaking horns towards the end of Loving Cup etc. etc.. The stones have also created such varied music, rock n' roll, punk, gospel, soul, blues, reggae, country, and so on. There is such depth to the songs too, not just two guitars and some drums, but innovative music with many different instruments, they are not afraid to experiment and If they think a song needs something they will add something and it is not just a simple doodling to support the song, it is actually played uniquely and origionally. Nowdays where a bands image is totally fabricated, the Stones were actually COOL. They rocked. And still do.

I am actually somewhat resentful that the stones are so good because I can't listed to any other bands without feeling some level of dissapointment
[Edited by keefa]
05-21-03 11:09 PM
mac_daddy in my opinion, "You Can't Always Get What You Want" is the greatest rock 'n roll song ever written.

-macdaddy

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003