ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Bang by TT!
Radrennbahn Weisensee, East Berlin, German Democratic Republic - 13th August 1990

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "She's The Boss" in GOOD-ALBUM shocker!!!! Return to archive
05-21-03 08:20 PM
SaintGar Yup, I actually think "She's the boss" is a fine collection of songs,save one or two duds.
I admit a love for his last 2 solo albums,but only recently became a fan of the original solo effort.I bought the "Running out of luck" video and maybe that's where the interest was renewed."She's the boss","Turn the girl loose" and the excellent "lonely at the top" being my top 3 from the LP.I think most stones fans just don't like the idea of the dance-pop-jagger of this album.The songs have strong hooks,and it is a rlicking good listen,to my ears anyway.
Good on ya Sir Mick!
05-21-03 08:49 PM
exile hey dont feel bad I dont mind "She's the Boss"
Just another Night is a fantastic song

I also have "Running Out of Luck" on video havent seen it for a few years but i remeber it being hilarious

05-21-03 09:59 PM
BILL PERKS GOOD RECORD..BUT RUNNIN OUT OF LUCK IS THE WORST SOLO SONG BY ANY BAND MEMBER..GAY BATHOUSE MUZAK...SECRETS IS A GEM
05-21-03 11:26 PM
J.J.Flash Hey crazy dudes..... don't you missing something.....hey HARD WOMAN. Brilliant song, beautiful, deep from the soul....

[Edited by J.J.Flash]
05-22-03 01:09 AM
Madafaka The best song in that album Fausto, I agree.
05-22-03 10:37 AM
telecaster "Lucky In Love" is great. Awesome video
05-22-03 10:42 AM
Joey Great Album ..........................

A favorite of the Joey

05-22-03 10:45 AM
Mother baby
quote:
telecaster wrote:
"Lucky In Love" is great.

Yeah, the lyrics are great...keen sense of humor that boy.
05-22-03 11:44 AM
L&A She's the boss was a great album, very inspirated and personal (even if it's "old-fashioned" today...)

She's the boss = 9/10
Primitive Cool = 6/10
Wandering Spirit = 10/10 !!! Yesss !!!
GITD = 2/10

... just my opinion.
05-22-03 01:50 PM
icydanger

Well,,, I like running out of luck.
Heavy on the holiness,,,,
Take it easy on the emptiness /-then a loud like shot or thunder sound

lots of sincerity and despair in that song

I like most of the other solo albums,, wandering spirit contains an illuminating feeling in it.
05-22-03 03:04 PM
ShadowCat Isnt "Lucky in love" one of the best videos of the Stones career? I fell in love with that song way back in 85 when I saw the video for the first time. The black & white scenes are great. Mick looks like he is out of a 1966 video. And the Jeff Beck riff is something else ;-)

My favorite Mick solo album is Wandering Spirit, tho.
The worst would be Primitive Cool.

05-22-03 07:30 PM
Gazza Cool video

and the kid playing Mick as a boy in the video is his real life nephew (one of Chris Jagger's sons..)
05-22-03 09:23 PM
Gimme Shelter I've liked all of Mick's solo stuff. From "She's the Boss" there is "Lonely At the Top", "Hard Woman", Just Another Night", and "Lucky In Love". I also thought the "Running Out of Luck" video/movie was great. I still have a copy from '85.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003