ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Bang by TT!
Radrennbahn Weisensee, East Berlin, German Democratic Republic - 13th August 1990

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Songs never played live Return to archive
05-21-03 12:37 PM
Flashpoint I think it is time to hear another songs (some of them that i can't even understand why they didn't play when they toured the corresponding album)instead of those that are great but they played a lot
Time waits for no one (beast of burden)
Coming down again (before they make me run, happy)
100 years ago (angie)
Mixed Emotions (satisfaction,brown sugar)
Dandelion and 2000 man (better songs than 2000 light years)

Alright, i choose 5 of a bunch i thought about...
Let's see what you think folks!
05-21-03 12:43 PM
Factory Girl Let It Loose, Loving Cup.
05-21-03 01:33 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Let It Loose, Loving Cup.

Loving Cup's been played 9 times thus far.

There's too many to list. I think we'd all take one at a time. I'm with ya on 100 Yrs Ago, though!
05-21-03 03:20 PM
T&A wouldn't wanna hear 100 years or time waits without MT - Woody's definitely not up to the challenge....
05-21-03 09:04 PM
Gimme Shelter Here's five more:

Emotional Rescue
Jiving Sister Fanny
Sway
She Was Hot
Slave
05-21-03 09:12 PM
mac_daddy I can't put my finger on it presently, but I know I have a boot with a live 100ya - it isn't very good...

did they ever play Parachute Woman back in the day? They always ripped Stray Cat Blues...

Monkey Man seemed a natural firecracker to me, but I don't know of it being played in the 70's...

I could never get enough of Sway - I didn't see that on too many setlists (if any). They could have done better by Wild Horses, too..

I agree that the Exile stuff is missed (and the "umbly tumbly" is beaten to death). I would have loved to see them put together the rockin Sweet Black Angel and Ventilator Blues they worked out in Dallas. Soul Survivor, maybe..?

Slave, and the stuff on the second side of Tatoo You (Tops, Ain't No Use in Cryin') never was played enough live, either...

-macdaddy
[Edited by mac_daddy]
05-21-03 09:35 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
I can't put my finger on it presently, but I know I have a boot with a live 100ya - it isn't very good...

I presume you're referring to sound quality as opposed to performance?

Is it VGP-009/0501W-1/2 - "100 Years Ago" (Vienna, 1 September 1973)?

or..

Outsider bird OBR 458-CD-027 - "Mannheim On Ice" (Mannheim, 3 September 1973)? Seeing you mentioned it was a "boot"...

..and to add, Sway has never been played live.
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
05-21-03 09:56 PM
BILL PERKS HAD IT WITH YOU
FIGHT
DEAR DOCTOR
TIE ME UP
ALL THE WAY DOWN
HOLD ON TO YOUR HAT
FANCY MAN BLUES
HIGHWIRE
TOO TIGHT
I'M GONNA DRIVE
05-21-03 09:58 PM
mac_daddy actually, Lazy Bones, it is not on any of those (although I am curious to know more about them). It is filler on a Dandelion or a Rattlesnake issue? I am looking for it now. And it doesn't sound good, sonically or musically. Whereas the version on "Acetates," while not live, brings tears to my eyes and a smile on my face...

Are people in these parts into the boot thang?

-macdaddy
[Edited by mac_daddy]
05-22-03 12:11 AM
Lazy Bones Rattlesnake's RS 015/16 "Brussels Affair-Definitive Edition" has 100 Years Ago (along w/ Bitch, Sweet Virginia and Silver Train from the Vienna show as bonus tracks)...?

(artwork here)
http://www.pinkrobert.com/StonesBrusselsDefinitive.jpg

[Edited by Lazy Bones]
05-22-03 12:27 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
Whereas the version on "Acetates," while not live, brings tears to my eyes and a smile on my face...

Mac_daddy,

Are you referring to the (1995) 15-track MB CD 045 (Midnight Beat) "Acetates"? I'd love to set something up for it if you're able. I've been hunting for it. Please private message (through this board) me if interested. Or anyone..if you you'd be willing.

Many thanks!

05-22-03 06:43 AM
mac_daddy Lazy Bones, you have a message.
05-22-03 07:46 AM
Nellcote www.timeisonourside.com/stonesongs2.html
05-22-03 08:04 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
www.timeisonourside.com/stonesongs2.html

thanks for the link, Nellcote...

add Short + Curlies and Send it to Me.

I can't believe they never did Emotional Rescue.

-macdaddy
05-22-03 09:45 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
Lazy Bones, you have a message.

Likewise...
05-22-03 02:56 PM
icydanger

...AMAZING...

05-22-03 06:31 PM
Gazza >wouldn't wanna hear 100 years or time waits without MT - Woody's definitely not up to the challenge

funny,thats what everyone used to say about "Cant You Hear Me Knockin'".....

My own personal choice would be "You Cant Catch Me" on a b-stage
[Edited by Gazza]
05-22-03 07:32 PM
T&A Gazza:

Regarding CYHMK - there's a lot of people still saying it - or at least wishing the song would end after Jagger's harp solo....
05-22-03 07:51 PM
Brown Sugar Aand about My Obsession, they already did that? gotta be nice live...

05-22-03 10:44 PM
BILL PERKS WHAT A SHAME
UNDER ASSISTANT WEST COAST PROMO MAN
SITTIN ON A FENCE
HIP SHAKE
MEAN DISPOSITION
05-23-03 04:25 AM
beer "Sway" is my absolute favorite in the "must hear" category.

BUT, i've been thinkin about it, What if they do it and it is a super cheezy version. With tons of Leavell and lame back up singing. It just might ruin it. Maybe somethings should just be left alone?
Do we want a "Sway", or "Slave" dominated by back up singers and Blondies and chucks, or should they just be left alone?
The more i wonder about it, the more i realize it can only be done with Taylor. That's right, MICK TAYLOR.
If Jagger could just swallow his pride.....
Mick Taylor was/ is a major part of this band and he deserves to play with 'em again.
05-23-03 07:49 PM
stonedinaustralia and to state the bleedin' obvious:

GOMPER
05-23-03 08:09 PM
throbby I would love to hear Let It Loose
05-24-03 03:07 PM
stewed & Keefed I would love hear... Citadel and 2000 Man.
05-24-03 04:56 PM
Gimme Shelter Here's yet another five:

Highwire
Sittin' On a Fence
I Don't Know Why aka Don't Know Why I Love You
Dandilion
Too Much Blood

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003