ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Bang by TT!
Radrennbahn Weisensee, East Berlin, German Democratic Republic - 13th August 1990

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick's chiba face header pic Return to archive
05-20-03 09:16 PM
nankerphelge Man I'm envious!

Been away way to long and sans chiba!!

But things are finally winding down -- trial will be over soon and you humble and luvable nanky will be home soon!!

Avec chiba face!!
05-20-03 11:02 PM
Martha Nanky, good call, I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it..Mick looks very chibaliciously happy in the shot. I think I'll join him.
05-21-03 12:20 AM
Prodigal Son Is it just me or does it look like Pete is setting up a line of coke and that it looks like Mick just snorted some. Just look. What are those lines of clear white substances?
05-21-03 01:46 AM
marko nanky,are you finally coming to europe?
05-21-03 01:53 AM
nankerphelge I don't know YCB!
I've been thinking about it.
First I have to reintroduce myself to my family!
And get some chiba.

Not necessarily in that order
05-21-03 02:13 AM
marko No pie at all?
05-21-03 06:01 AM
Monkey Woman Prodigal Son, I think you're right! I didn't see it at first, but these are definitely "suspicious" lines!
Looks like they were having quite a happy time of it...
05-21-03 07:39 AM
JaggerLips It looks faked to me those white lines are like airbrushed on, sorry to spoil the party my little pebbles.
05-21-03 07:44 AM
Factory Girl Lol, marko- I like your priorities!
05-21-03 06:43 PM
Prodigal Son Well, they did do drugs. Just not cocaine by this point or any snortable substance. Chiba, maybe, LSD, maybe, pills, alcohol. Actually, during this time Pete was off drugs and smoking after he took an STP once by accident (it's 10X more powerful than LSD) and got so freaked out he refrained from all things bad except alcohol.
05-22-03 05:14 AM
mac_daddy this is an exceptional photograph, but you guys are kidding, right?

The "coke" is hilarious, and holds more truth than some would probably care to admit. It certainly fits better than does the Sgt. Pepper's cover hovering in the background. Both have clearly been added to the original scan, however...

I just thought you (site admins) had to do this (doctor the images), so you could post the artwork without getting hassled, and to prevent leechers...

-macdaddy

PS: I always thought the word was "cheeba" (that's how Tone-Loc spells it )
[Edited by mac_daddy]
[Edited by mac_daddy]
05-22-03 10:35 AM
Nasty Habits That's not Sgt. Pepper! That's "We're Only in It for the Music"! Chiba is the most technically correct spelling -- although Tone Loc is no doubt an authority on consumption I sincerely doubt his status as a grammarian. Voodoo, I've said it before and I'll say it again: You don't get paid enough.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003