ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Bang by TT!
Radrennbahn Weisensee, East Berlin, German Democratic Republic - 13th August 1990

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ATLANTIC CITY or TOKYO DOME 1990??? Return to archive
05-20-03 07:10 PM
SaintGar which video is better quality,sound and picture wise???
I have that voodoo-lounge from japan,and though it's a good concert,the sound is a bit...there's almost no evidence of a crowd.It soundsa bit flat.
So,which is the better video to get,the atlantic-city show from 1989 or the tokyo 1990???
05-20-03 07:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
SaintGar wrote:
which video is better quality,sound and picture wise???

Tokyo Dome 1990

But in terms of performance, setlist and guests Atlantic City 1989
05-20-03 08:13 PM
Lazy Bones Nice avatar, Gerardo. Why...is that Jaxx's shoulder?
05-20-03 08:18 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes, it is it's from the Giants Stadium preshow party

The other avatar is me circa 1975 in a wedding

05-20-03 09:27 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Yes, it is it's from the Giants Stadium preshow party

The other avatar is me circa 1975 in a wedding

Ah, ha! And does your Shidoobee sticker say ROCKS OFF...lol?
05-22-03 07:17 PM
Gazza >which video is better quality,sound and picture wise???

"picture wise" just depends on the generation of the copy you have

>I have that voodoo-lounge from japan,and though it's a good concert,the sound is a bit...there's almost no evidence of a crowd.It soundsa bit flat.

compared to the other TV concerts from the Voodoo lounge tour,that one's a relatively flat performance. Especially when you see the 1990 show! the best of the VL tv concerts is Rio.

>So,which is the better video to get,the atlantic-city show from 1989 or the tokyo 1990???

Tokyo,by some distance. You dont need special guests to pad out a Stones show. Its nice on occasion,but the Stones arent a band who need extras.

Atlantic City is a very good show indeed. However, IMO Tokyo 26.2.90 is the best stadium show the Stones have EVER played and performance wise its up there in the top five shows EVER to get copies of. thankfully,its available on pro-shot video. By some distance its the best show of the entire tour AND yes,the crowd are by no means "flat" in it! In the space of about 25 minutes they perform what are the best versions of "Gimme Shelter", "Happy" and "Sympathy" I've ever heard them play. Visually,its wonderful stuff.

the version of "Sympathy" is the same version used on "Flashpoint". However,on the album they chose to heavily edit two quite fantastic solos by Keith.

Theres also two versions of this show on video. A live broadcast showed the whole concert. A second broadcast (which is easier to find in top quality) has the whole show apart from "2000 Light years" and (of all songs) "Sympathy for the devil".

By the way,theres also a very nice pro-shot video of the previous show (24.2.90). presumably filmed as back-up for the 26.2.90 show but not used. Also worth getting!
05-23-03 07:00 AM
fmk438j
I am really looking forward to when DVD burners become cheaper and widely owned so we can all get copies of stuff like this easily and in the best quality available.

Shouldn't be too far away either I reckon.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003