ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Bang by TT!
Radrennbahn Weisensee, East Berlin, German Democratic Republic - 13th August 1990

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Vote in the new BJ Poll Return to archive
05-20-03 02:47 PM
Miss U. Here, at the top:

http://www.angelfire.com/rock2/hotstuff/images/polls.html
05-20-03 03:27 PM
FPM C10 I mean this in the nicest, most respectful way: you are WACKO!

Here are some future poll questions:

Which fast-food restaurant chain most reminds you of Brian?

Wendy's 17%
McDonald's 6%
Arby's 12%
Don't care 64%
Popeyes 1%

Which member of the Archies was Brian most likely to have sex with?

Betty 1%
Veronica 1%
Betty AND Veronica 95%
Reggie 1%
Archie 1%
Jughead 1%
Mr. Weatherbee 0%

Feel free to use these! Ciao!
05-20-03 03:58 PM
sirmoonie If Brian were alive today, instead of being dead, would he be proud of the future, given what he might have known about the past, had he lived in it?

Yes 12%

No 9%

Bill Clinton never voted for the future! 3%

Maybe, although it really depends on what he may have known and how he thought 26%

I'm drunk 69%

Midnight Rambler 33%
05-20-03 04:20 PM
jb Some guy referred to me as BJ b/c it was JB backwards...LOL
05-22-03 01:31 AM
gypsymofo60 For a person who professes such admiration, and devotion to the dearly departed Mr.Jones, you certainly have THE most bizzare way of showing it....And yet you accuse others of besmirching his memory???????????????????????????
05-22-03 03:29 PM
Miss U. No sense of humor?? Shame.

It was a joke poll for a change.

Seen a hell of a lot worse here from the above people in Brian's memory.
05-22-03 04:18 PM
Nellcote I will not be participating in this vote.
I will regail in what was, look forward to what is to come.
After all what's done is done, there's no turning back the time machine.
Please post a thread when I can join together to return to those thrilling days of yesteryear, and shake Brian's hand.
I have no interest in seeing his remains in their present state of being.
All of you who do, "On With The Show, Good Health to You"

Back to the real world after that brief THC induced moment, circling around, there, I've landed.

TRANSMISSION COMPLETED
05-22-03 05:45 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Miss U. wrote:
No sense of humor?? Shame.

I thought my comments were pretty funny, actually - although I realize now that the correct answer in my fast-food chain poll was "Popeyes" since Brian allegedly played "Popeye The Sailor Man" in the middle of "Satisfaction".

I'm sticking with "Betty AND Veronica" in the Archies poll.

I just couldn't figure out how, in even a jokey bizzaro-world, Brian fit in with ANY of the horrid "Reality" shows. I would hope that Brian would be as sickened by that dreck as I am.

Here's a mention about Brian from "Literary Outlaw", Ted Morgan's vadly-written biography of William S. Burroughs:

"Brion Gysin had taken the Rolling Stones to hear them (the Master Musicians of Joujouka)play, and Brian Jones had been so impressed that he returned with a sound engineer and recorded their music. But by the time the record was issued, Brian Jones was dead. What a cheapshit guy he had been, thought Gysin. He never paid his bills , and the musicians never got a penny. He had been as slippery as they come. When he brushed the bangs out of his forehead you saw two hard beady little eyes."

Badly written - despicable when biographers put thoughts in people's heads and then duly report them. As if they are characters, to be molded. And certainly inaccurate that Gysin took the whole band to see Hamri and the boys. I don't think Bill and Charlie made the trip.

I think that the Musicians eventually got paid. (Literary Outlaw is from 1988). And I know that, at Burroughs' request, Brian's Joujouka album was played at Bill's funeral.

05-22-03 08:33 PM
Miss U.
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
I will regail in what was, look forward to what is to come.
After all what's done is done, there's no turning back the time machine.
I have no interest in seeing his remains in their present state of being.
Back to the real world after that brief THC induced moment, circling around, there, I've landed.

Dear Nellcote:

Cyberspace isn't the real world.
Vote or don't vote, don't matter. I celebrate Brian's short life & focus on the here & now on my site & in my polls. Nothin wrong with a little humour. Brian definitely had one.
Like you, I also have no interest in "seeing his remains".
Take care & have a pleasant evening; I must be off to drink some Molson Canadian.
10-4.

"Miss U."

P.S: Thanks FPM for the Jajouka info, I know you have great taste, not too many folks out there into that stuff...
By the way, honestly, I have a hard time imagining Brian in any of those shows too. Surreal & unlikely.

[Edited by Miss U.]
05-22-03 09:26 PM
steel driving hammer Come guys this poll was fun!

What are we all on trial here?

Like AC/DC said on Noise Pollution - "Rock and Roll is just Rock and Roll"

Fun poll! Liked what everyone thought!

Brain sure could lay down those riffs, better than Taylor or Woody!
05-23-03 03:09 AM
gypsymofo60 Oh humour, do forgive me! In that case, at great personal expense I shall reserve for you my dear, a once in a lifetime, one on one appointment with The Great Johnathon Edwards........"I feel someone here...I'm getting a B...Oh! he appears unhappy about some..POLL".....all in the name of humour of course.(chortle, chortle).
05-23-03 06:32 AM
Nellcote Miss U,

Please inform the folks @ Ebay that cyberspace is not the real world.
05-23-03 11:42 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I thought my comments were pretty funny, actually

- and so did i

I'm sticking with "Betty AND Veronica" in the Archies poll.

- and so am i!!

and thanks for the note - and the neat perspective - on Morgan's book
05-23-03 11:46 AM
Miss U. Thanks, Steelie!! Took the words outta my mouth.

Those were pretty funny Sir Moonie & FPM.

05-23-03 02:45 PM
jb That was a song by Meatloaf?
05-23-03 03:29 PM
Joey " Which member of the Archies was Brian most likely to have sex with?

Betty 1%
Veronica 1%
Betty AND Veronica 95%
Reggie 1%
Archie 1%
Jughead 1%
Mr. Weatherbee 0% "

Fleabit , I know what Brian would say to all of the above ( Joey reflects in his best William Hurt [ circa '83 Big Chill era ] voice ):

Brian Jones : " Kneel Down !!!!!!!!!! "

" Good ! , now arch your back ...............that's it . " " Now open up your mouth .......................wider .....................WIDER ........................I SAID WIDER DAMNIT .......That's it :

Now .................DRINK OF MY LAVA HOT BALL CUSTARD !

SLURP DOWN MY BABY BATTER

GARGLE WITH MY TESTICLE TONIC !

ALLOW ME TO COAT YOUR CHIN WITH MY WARM SPERMY BELLY SPREAD !

DOES MY GONAD BUTTER TASTE BITTER ???????

WHAT , OH , SORRY , DON'T TLAK WITH YOUR MOUTH FULL !!!!!

THE SCROTUM TWIN HAVE BEEN ABSOLUTELY DYING TO PUKE ON YOU .

-- Thank You

THE JOEY !

05-23-03 03:37 PM
Factory Girl Joey??? Was the above outburst for the benefit of FPM?? You do know he's a guy??
05-23-03 03:47 PM
steel driving hammer Skittles!!

05-23-03 03:49 PM
Joey MY BABY STEELIE --------------always in my heart , soul and mind ............................

Bunny !

05-23-03 04:47 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Joey??? Was the above outburst for the benefit of FPM?? You do know he's a guy??

Um, let's read that again....hmmm...no, he claims that is what BRIAN would say to everyone in the cast of "The Archies"...but there does seem to be some bizarre Id tansference and Oedipal projection at work here...a common affliction among professional sac shavers, right up there with carpal tunnel syndrome.

Again, a simple misunderstanding casts aspersions on the collective and individual manhood of the C10.
05-23-03 04:51 PM
Factory Girl Oh, FPM-my sincere apologies for thinking that you were one of the subjects of Joey's bizarre musings...

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003