ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Bang by TT!
Radrennbahn Weisensee, East Berlin, German Democratic Republic - 13th August 1990

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Johnny Winter Euro Tour Dates (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
05-20-03 06:18 PM
steel driving hammer You see, I think in Music, there is nothing better than other music. It all depends on what you like. For me, I think Brian slide on No Expectaions is yet to be matched by ANYONE, even Johnny.

But when Johnny starts to sound like Jimmy Ray Vaughn, (which I think he does) thats where I turn it off.

Now I gotta do some one hitters and make this pot last.

Triple K Marine you Sumbitch!

It all comes back..........................................
05-21-03 07:59 AM
Doxa Johnny Winter played a couple of years ago (2000 or 2001)in Pori Jazz festival (Finland).I wasn�t there but I heard from different sources that he was physically and mentally in a really bad shape. In some newspapers there was even a moral debate who was responsible to get that sick man on stage because he was not seen to be able to look after himself. As a long time J. Winter fan I got very sad. I hope he is doing better now, but shit those reports were shocking.

Doxa
05-21-03 03:16 PM
RubyFriday Has anybody some of his early singles ?

Schoolday Blues - Dart 131 (1959 ! )

Creepy / One Night Of Love / Crazy Baby / Broke & Lonely (last as Guitar Slim) ?
05-24-03 07:40 PM
Kjell I saw Johnny Winter at "Konserthuset" (conserthall) in Stockholm, it was great. Johnny was awsome, but skinny & played this V-shaped guitar. Me and my mate Hans-G�ran found a way in the late sixties to sneak in without paying, so we saw Jimmi Hendrix, Janis Joplin and all the bands that came to Stockholm. Due to all pot-smoking they stoped this concerts in early 1972, i think. I was fuckin stoned myself so i don't remember any dates at all, so this winter consert was in late sixties - early seventy. Anybody who knows???
One time i fall asleep, when B.B. King was there, shame on me.
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003