ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Bang by TT!
Radrennbahn Weisensee, East Berlin, German Democratic Republic - 13th August 1990

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Jagger Interview Return to archive
05-20-03 11:47 AM
Helmut http://www.merkur-online.de/nachric...0e47bde7c0fda01

Use AltaVista's Babel Fish Translation Service to get it in English http://babelfish.altavista.com/
05-20-03 12:13 PM
Zeeta Cheers Helmut mate!

Good interview - Can't wait until they come home to Europe!

LOL!! I translated the page and got some weird phrases!!

Jagger:
"If you for the first time are successful in your life and your small rodent dreams become true" !!!!!!!!! Rodent dreams!!
Also:
Jagger
"Particularly in the skirt Business it happens rather closely"

The Stones in the Skirt Business!!!!!
HAHAHA!

Thanks
Motty!
05-20-03 12:40 PM
L&A Great interview, thanks for the link
05-20-03 01:24 PM
FPM C10 As a fan of the theater of the absurd, I love Babelfish. Here is the translation. I too wondered if Mick liked to blow strawberries on the table.

"we far" Mick Jagger is for 40 years the superstar of the skirt music makes Munich - small, in addition, completely large city Mick Jagger looks forward to the route prelude of the Rolling Stones on 4 June -. Does it think of retirement? And which has itself in these 40 years into the Popszene everything changed? The front man of the Rolling Stones stands for speech and answer. Inspired for 40 years as a front man of the Rolling Stones a million-public: Mick Jagger.

Mister Jagger, celebrate you in few weeks your 60. Birthday, the Rolling Stones already in January 40 years became old. Together 100 years. . .

Jagger: That is really a good mathematical calculation. And the whole without a pocket calculator. In any case a better mathematical calculation, than adding only the age of the members of the Rolling Stones.

What were 100 years the best and worst events into this, which burned themselves into your memory?

Jagger: Oh my God. I do not have notion. Really not. As already said, there is 40 years, and I cannot designate really the best or worst year.

Perhaps not necessarily years, but nevertheless certain events or time periods.

Jagger: Naturally one can always say that it was great, when the whole thing with that came volume into running. If you for the first time are successful in your life and your small dte rodent dreams become true. You are young "today are many simpler it to control its career." and ambitiously, and the whole becomes successful. That was correctly good. So as if one gets its first job.

And the bad times?

Jagger: Bad times? There were some bad times. The Rolling Stones had a very long career and naturally gives it thereby always good and bad things. For example some people from our surrounding field died. But, I think most time, everything positively ran.

Apology, but we must make still a excursion for mark into the past. . .

Jagger: . . . no problem, I will give my best.

If you had the possibility, a place in the time machine too ergattern, which you would change?

Jagger: One would want natural to then change everything. If there were this possibility, then I would already go through and there and there somewhat differently would make. One would naturally hit thereby completely different way. The thing is that one cannot control its fate so far, how one would have it perhaps gladly. If you are younger, it is many more difficult, because certain people have more control of one. Today it is by the way simpler many than at that time to control its career. When we rausgekommen are, there was no template-like careers or such a powerful music industry. Was missing a draft for what we tackled. Nobody went on route, it gave to stop only this small nice Shows. Much was not paid to the artists for its photographs. All these conditions at that time nearly did not exist. Now there are these possibilities, and now you can say: I want that, this and that one. At least if you are successful. We about positive and negative experiences spoke before.

Do you pass on the experiences gained due to the whole experiences to your children and do prescribe for you not to do somewhat or also nevertheless?

Jagger: Normally already say I it to them. Made experiences to pass on is finally the task of parents. One does not need to take always the experiences from the own life, one can also examples use.

Sometimes do you think about it, what you would probably make today, if you had not become singers of the Stones?

Jagger: That is naturally very interesting. There are these "which would be wenn" Geschichtsbuecher. What would be, if Napoleon Russia had conquered? It is interesting, if one reads these books up to its logical end. But those are nevertheless again not so interesting on the other hand then, as it would be, if one could change it and it actually happened then. Now now an easy is to be said: It would have been beautiful, if I had become director, dancer or an accountant. But one does not know the answer simply. There is not itself the saying that someone is dead, that developed.

Where can humans still develop like you, if one had all-largest success already?

Jagger: You must guard to only repeat everything. But it is really very heavy in many ranges to convert this. No matter whether you are a writer, a journalist or a painter. Particularly in the skirt Business it happens rather closely. It is heavy to remain interesting. One must adhere to many rules and contracts and still develop further everything.

If one speaks about development and it throws a view of the new generation artists of these days - do you believe that the musicians possess same chances as once the Rolling Stones or the Beatles?

Jagger: I think already. Skirt music in volume to make, was completely new in the early 60's-years. But as said, the whole is now 40 years old. How are many generations that? Two? Three? The form of this music became older stop. With the music it behaves as with an old thing, which is now further-left. It is now however probably many more difficult to land such a large throw like we at that time.

Which relationship does the Rolling Stones have to Germany?

Jagger: Or Germany to the Stones? I have no notion. We come for 38 years to Germany. Which that means, I do not know at all. We were, we simply always there were always a part of the international Popmusik announced in Germany. And whereupon I am very proud. We played there a quantity of Shows. And Germany always gives a certain feeling to the proximity. A place in Germany means you however apparent particularly much. You start there with three concerts the European tour and everyone know, where their Anita Pallenberg and Uschi upper Meier know learned.

Is Munich for the Stones something special?

Jagger: Clearly. We took up also Songs there. It is a small, but somehow also completely large city, with which is simply good, if one learns it to know. At that time Berlin was not yet what it is today. Even if Berlin were a large city. We tended ever more to Munich than to Hamburg or Berlin. Thus it is also good that we start our route there, and I look forward to it.

"you do not want to have each night a party with girls and drugs."

If we over routes talk: In the 60's and 70's-years the Shows was surely not plugged with light effects, video canvases and pyrotechnics fully. Does one need that nowadays?

Jagger: It depends on at which place one arises. Into the early 60ern we played in small halls. In addition, today, if we play in small Lokalitaeten as for instance the Circus crown, then there are not too many pyrotechnic effects there. If we arise in a large stadium, then one needs however something for the visual effect.

Don't these visual effects divert the visitor from the substantial one, the music?

Jagger: Yes, which is correct. But if you go into a large stadium, then you go there not only because of the music. It is so a kind Allround experience, which humans enjoy there. In approximately like a mixture from a soccer game and a Musikshow. To the route naturally also the hotel rooms belong.

Are you someone, which needs always char-acid water or water without carbonic acid? Or for example always blows strawberries on the table?

Jagger: Not really. If I work, then I like already certain things. But if I do not work, then that is nearly all the same to me. On the other hand I need certain conditions, like for example a calm room without road noise. I must be fit finally for the Show in the evening.

There is after the Show then also a wild party with drugs, girls and Rock'n'Roll. . .

Jagger: . . . hopefully. . . . .

and a session to five o'clock in the morning? Or with 60's-years is no more topic?

Jagger: You do not want to have each night a party, with the drugs, the girls and the Rock'n'Roll. But at some you have already desire on it.

Are there in the hotel lobbies still so many Groupies, which want to make a party, how it in former times the case was?

Jagger: Now, some Lokalitaeten is really good. But that is not that, according to which one searches, if one wishes oneself maintenance. Times away of the girls and the parties.

They wrote the song "Highwire" to 1991. It acts of the first Gulf War. Did you have at that time again once the need to write a such song?

Jagger: If your spirit propels you in addition, then you write it simply. Songs are social comments. Over the last Iraq war it did not give however so many songs. I do not remember at least. And there were not many Songs over 11 September 2001 also. Some perhaps. After 11 September everyone said that it would make over it songs, but nobody finally made it.

Now, Bruce Springsteen already.

Jagger: In addition, yes, that is the only one, which occurs to me. It is amusing, genuine social comments in the Popmusik is very rare. It is heavy to bring such a thing on the point. At the beginning of the discussion we conversed about the last 100 years.

What lines up in the next 100 years?

Jagger: I do not have notion. That is the thing in this business. You know not which, will happen. I work at present on which is to happen on the next Rolling Stones Show. We already make this route since July 2002. And now we are in May 2003.

Over the next route of the Stones? This route was announced nevertheless as all all this of its kind?

Jagger: No. The route was never announced as the latter. It would have been also an error. Even if it had been correct. If you change your opinion later, you look always like an idiot out. And now I make myself stop thought over the next route. People ask me already whether I am available next summer.

And which you answer?

Jagger: Perhaps.

Which suggests the acceptance that the Stones does not withdraw itself after this route.

Jagger: No, we will sit down not to the peace.

Can Mick Jagger take a solo project after this route in attack or it to something with the Stones will together give?

Jagger: Now, we took these photographs in Paris and produced some Songs. Perhaps we should take up still more. In addition, I would like gladly actors. It is rather simple. I do not have to think continuously there over everything. The job literally comes to one.

And which role would you like to play?

Jagger: Comedy. Dark Comedy.

05-20-03 01:37 PM
Martha Bring on the skirt music!!!!
05-20-03 01:51 PM
parmeda FPM...Thanks for the translation? LOL!

I was moving right along until I came across...

>> "Are you someone, which needs always char-acid water or water without carbonic acid? Or for example always blows strawberries on the table?" <<

...I can't stop laughing.

05-20-03 03:00 PM
FPM C10
quote:
parmeda wrote:
FPM...Thanks for the translation? LOL!

...I can't stop laughing.

I told ya - Theater of the Absurd, baby, Theater of the Absurd! Luigi Pirandello has NUTHIN' on the Babelfish!

I think MOST big stars of Skirt Music blow strawberries on the table.
05-20-03 03:18 PM
Factory Girl Hey Zeeta, is that avatar- a pic of you??
05-21-03 05:09 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Hey Zeeta, is that avatar- a pic of you??

Nah that's me in the signature with the sunglasses!!!LOL!"!

Yes indeed the avatar is my humble self - the pic is from a NYE 2002 party I was fairly battered!!!

Everyone should have a pic of themselves on their posts IMO - it makes things more fun!

You should post a pic of yourself babe!
05-21-03 06:47 AM
JaggerLips Can Jagger ever do interviews without convaluted answers??

Loved every word, great stuff!
05-21-03 08:48 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Can Jagger ever do interviews without convaluted answers??

I dunno, but here he was greatly aided by Altavista's Babelfish translator!
"Uschi upper Meier", indeed! Maybe that's what Keith saw in her? ROTFL
05-21-03 11:54 AM
Monkey Woman Thanks to JoelleB, a *readable* translation is available at Shidoobee MB:

http://pub6.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm15.showMessage?topicID=4967.topic

Two thumbs up!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003