ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Bang by TT!
Radrennbahn Weisensee, East Berlin, German Democratic Republic - 13th August 1990

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wembley Arena Back On Sale Return to archive
05-18-03 08:45 AM
Honky Tonk Man www.ticketmaster.co.uk has more tickets available for the 14/09/03 show

Alex
05-18-03 01:11 PM
marko Are you going there Alex?
05-18-03 04:28 PM
Honky Tonk Man No i'm not going. I will be in Sanfransico. I have tickets for the August 29th Wembly show.

Marko, see you in Munich!

Alex
05-19-03 06:20 PM
stewed & Keefed Is anybody else going ?
05-21-03 03:33 AM
gypsymofo60 To all my friends in London, hope you all enjoy the shows, but maybe you could clear something up for me. Just where are the shows happening? The (currently under construction),arena, or The old Empire Pool facility, whatever they call it now?
05-21-03 03:48 PM
Honky Tonk Man As far as i know, The Empire Pool became Wembley Arena. Its a damn shame Wembley Stadium is no longer with us. I don't care if it was falling apart, it is where England won the World Cup and the Stones beacame part of it, playing there 12 times.

Alex
05-22-03 12:01 AM
gypsymofo60 Thanks Alex! although any chance I had of making The Wembley gigs got blown out months ago, sorry NAN! won't be seeing you this year again........So - The Arena is The Pool eh? OK!......Yeah! damn shame about The Stadium, I mean pulling down the towers WTF????????? It'll be long time before England lift The WC again Alex, but one can hope. Do you think The Boys will go on long enough to grace the stage inside the re-built stadium? Again- one can but hope. Cheers!
05-23-03 07:09 AM
Honky Tonk Man I think the question is, when will the new Wembley be ready? Its going to be another few years and since the Stones like to tour every few years, maybe it will be ready in time. September 14th will not be the last time the boys play in England.

I am looking forward to Wembley Arena, im going with my best mate and the drinks will be flowing, but i really enjoy the spectacle of a stadium show. You have the huge stage, the huge screen and the atmesphere was amazing at Giants.

Wembley Arena is quite a miserable place, auido and visual wise, it may be better than a stadium, but that place is really lacking something!

Alex
05-24-03 08:40 AM
gypsymofo60 Yeah!.....I take your meaning on The Arena, I mean it's kind of like - well, buried in a sort of hole- type of thingy, if you get my meaning? Anyway, hope you enjoy the show(s), I'll be there in spirit at least.
05-24-03 02:06 PM
Gazza >To all my friends in London, hope you all enjoy the shows, but maybe you could clear something up for me. Just where are the shows happening? The (currently under construction),arena, or The old Empire Pool facility, whatever they call it now?

the venue under construction (well..to be honest..they havent started reconstructing it yet as the whole project is a shambles) is Wembley Stadium. It wont be ready until around 2006. The Stones played at the stadium in 1982,1990,1995 and 1999.

The arena shows this year are taking place at Wembley Arena - which is the same building as the venue formerly known as the Empire Pool (The Stones played there in 1973 plus 4 appearances at the NME Pollwinners Concert in the sixties)

Wembley Arena is a couple of hundred yards from whats left of the old stadium.
05-24-03 02:08 PM
Gazza >Is anybody else going ?

I'm doing all the UK and Ireland shows except Manchester

[Edited by Gazza]
05-24-03 02:59 PM
stewed & Keefed Hi Gazza,

WHERE ARE YOU SITTING ON THE 14 SEPTEMBER?
I'M IN BLOCK 33.
STEVE
[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
05-24-03 07:44 PM
Gazza I'll be sitting with Bluzian that night. he's comin' over from Canada. we got floor seats . Block D2 row 2.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003