ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Bang by TT!
Radrennbahn Weisensee, East Berlin, German Democratic Republic - 13th August 1990

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Was Ron awake during the Bridges to Babylon tour? Return to archive Page: 1 2
05-22-03 05:00 PM
tDice pimp TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote
quote:
On the other hand, the reason why I think they hit a live slump in '89, '94 and '97 was because for a great deal of nights *no one* was playing the goddamn guitar. You can't blame one person for this... you want to blame someone, you've gotta blame both Keith and Ronnie. It was their absence that brought in the goddamn backing chorus, the wall of sidemen, and Cock Leavell.

The Stones shows are obviously spectacular, they can fill arenas with thousands of people anywhere in the world. Their shows NEED to be an amazing and unforgetable spectacle. They have all this people behind them each show in order to make the music as big and fantastic as all the "parafernalia" that amazes us every night they play; all the fireworks, lights, B stage, the screens, the smoke, the confeti and all that. I guess they felt that with a big fat group of musicians behind them they can give a much more powerful performance.

I just watched the BTB tour dvd, and Ron is really off man, it's a shame. In JJF Keith's guitar is really loud and with a very hard overdrive because Ron is just dancing and hiting some notes once in a while. Keith is always on shape man, and he did cover ron's ass on that tour. Good to hear Ron is playing his ass off again, really good!
05-22-03 05:01 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Joey wrote:
"was ronnie awake"

most of the time his eyes where open

so, yes ! "

MoonisUp ..............You are absolutely Precious ----You MAY Touch My Monkey this evening !

JACKY !

*blush blush*....

[Edited by Moonisup]
05-22-03 05:20 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
marko wrote:
Hmhmh keef didn�t carry ronnie in 1982 or 1989,,,more likely
1997-1999.

Ehh... '82 was when it began. '89 was when it was very gracefully covered *and* he had some really really "on" nights where he sounded absolutely mindblowing.

-tSYX --- Well you can't always get what you wah-awwnt...
05-22-03 06:00 PM
Joey " Well you can't always get what you wah-awwnt... "

<--------- For $ 350.00 a tix I had friggin better ..................!

Damn Straight little fella ....................

Love the new " Lower " Avatar MoonisUP ----- Great Group shot of the boys . Tasty !

Skittles Jacky !
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003