ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Bang by TT!
Radrennbahn Weisensee, East Berlin, German Democratic Republic - 13th August 1990

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Got WEED if you want it ==> "Blame it on the Stones" and "We Love You" compilations Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
03-23-03 04:55 PM
Joey " Joey loves CSN but hates Y! "

You make Joey say , HUH ???????????????????????

Tonight , Jack Nicholson will win " Best Actor " for his role in " About Schmidt " ........................

Bank on it !

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !

03-23-03 07:08 PM
Martha Thanks for the offer FG, but Nasty is setting me up so I'll be offering it as a reweed soon myself. I appreciate your kindness!

Joey...Daniel Day Lewis is getting that Oscar tonight...
watch and see!
03-24-03 02:48 AM
Sir Stonesalot Nope. The French guy no one has ever heard of won it for a movie no one ever saw.

I must say that the movie looks pretty good from the trailer....but so did the last Austin Powers flick.
03-24-03 07:42 AM
Factory Girl You mean Roman Polansky-director and Adrian Brody-actor for the Pianist?
03-24-03 09:35 AM
Joey I am quite visibly shaken to the core that Jack got stiffed .

Speaking of stiffed , at least they had the decency to roll out Joey's personal favorite , Cameron Diaz , right at the very beginning . Now THAT'S Entertainment !

YES !!!!

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJOESY
03-24-03 11:00 AM
Martha
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Nope. The French guy no one has ever heard of won it for a movie no one ever saw.

I must say that the movie looks pretty good from the trailer....but so did the last Austin Powers flick.

Yeah, I stand corrected and I know, even though I have yet to see "The Pianist", that Adrian deserved to win and so did Polanski. I haven't caught the film yet because, well, I mentioned before..... no Starbucks for miles includes no cool films for miles either. That's where I live. This film did not open wide yet.

Fortunately, I do have television so I saw two interviews with Adrian Brody recently, the first on Charlie Rose (which got my attention and made me want to see the film) and the second on Carson Daley's show. Adrian lost 30 lbs for the role...did you see him? He ain't got 30 lbs to lose. And he cited this to be Roman's best film ever......so hey, let's go see it! I hope it will be rereleased and will soon be many miles away at a theater not near me.

Catherine nailed her role in Chicago....she simply NAILED it! Glad she got an Oscar for her efforts. Have you all seen it? Chicago is a visceral assault to all the senses...if you haven't gone yet do a liitle chiba (just a little don't go friggin' overboard!) right before you get there...and POW! You'll see!

Joey, please stop all that snot snorting would you??????
03-24-03 01:32 PM
Joey Martha..................

" Snorting " at work is allowed because my CEO Carly is a " BlowMonkey "

" Carly has her thumb jammed so far up my Ass that I can taste Estee Lauder Ronnie "

JOESY !
03-25-03 04:12 PM
Nasty Habits I would like to inform Factory Girl, Sir Stonesalot, Throbby, Stonesprofessor, and Martha that their packages went out today.

I would also like to inform Stoned in Australia and the mysterious being known as "Night Clerk" that they are still eligible for fabulous prizes if they would only pm me their mailing addresses.

03-25-03 05:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
24. GILDA RADNER - Gimmie Mick -- Gilda imitates Patti Smith singing a fake song about how much she loves Mick Jagger

Hey boss, there's a gem missing there and is the GTO's ( Girls Together, Outrageously) a funny project by Frank Zappa with the 60s groupies, they have very funny Stones related lyrics (Jagger and Jones).

BTW, this record has Nicky Hopkins, Frank Zappa, Rod Stewart and Jeff Beck jamming together-
03-26-03 08:18 AM
Factory Girl Thank you, Nasty!
03-26-03 09:41 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Joey, in a sale that was 30% off the already low listed price, I bought that wonderous 1982 classic tome known as It's Hard. As a result, I have a glorious new coaster to use for my drinking in front of the machine. And this from one who enjoys Back To The Egg.

You know what I realized? I don't really like The Who Sell Out (and have been beaten by several Who fans because of it), or anything much in the studio before Who's Next. I *despise* the studio version of "A Quick One (While He's Away)", for example, and most of the tracks on Tommy sound better live (the exception being "Pinball Wizard"). In fact, I daresay the Who were the quintessential live band that couldn't channel that energy into the studio. That's why anyone who thinks they hate the Who needs to listen to Live At Leeds because it'll change their perception of it.

I actually do like lotsa stuff off of The Who Sell Out, but stuff like "Silas Stingy" and that godawful "Rael" are pretty terrible. "Armenia City In The Sky" is awesome though, as are all the ads and "Tattoo". "I Can See For Miles" goes without saying.

In other news, yes, Nasty, what about "Keith Don't Go"? Everyone loves that one...

Or Chuck Leavell and Billy Preston's new duet "I'm A Cock Dancer"?

-tSYX --- BWAHHH... Monday.... BWAHHH... Tuesday.... BWAHHH... Wednesday.... BWAHHH... Thursday.... BWAHHH... Friday.... BWAHHH... Saturday.... BWAHHH... Sunday....
03-26-03 11:56 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Hey boss, there's a gem missing there and is the GTO's ( Girls Together, Outrageously) a funny project by Frank Zappa with the 60s groupies, they have very funny Stones related lyrics (Jagger and Jones).

BTW, this record has Nicky Hopkins, Frank Zappa, Rod Stewart and Jeff Beck jamming together-

Dammit, Voodoo, don't point out my oversites and inadequacies in front of the investors!

Actually I don't own a copy of the GTO's record, and in fact that particular artifact has never come across my front desk! I've seen plenty at shows and other record stores, but never had a chance to scam one off the rabble for an ungodly wholesale rate! Used to own a tape of it, but I seem to have lost it.

Oh well, there's always volume 2.

And Zyzz, as far as Nils goes -- you're right, everybody loves it.

Which is why Nasty doesn't!

Money money money bags!

03-26-03 08:54 PM
exile Can I get in on a copy
I promise to pass it on as described above
03-27-03 07:34 AM
Factory Girl PM Strange Stray Cat per his message in another thread.
03-31-03 09:24 AM
scope I received my copy of We Love You this weekend. Per the rules of agreement specified by the honorable SS, I am hereby accepting 3 burners and 1 non-burner to continue to spread the music.

Please PM me and I'll set you up.
03-31-03 01:06 PM
Factory Girl Posting this again:

Four folks desiring this marvy comp, PM me.

Three folks w/ burners.

One burnerless soul.

Btw, track 1 ends abruptly.

04-01-03 06:10 PM
JumpinJackFlash I got my copy in today, Thank you very much Martha. Like I told Martha, I'll be the official Canadian hub on these such project's, so if anyone want's it in Canada, let me know. [email protected] Thank's again Martha
04-01-03 09:38 PM
Sir Stonesalot FG...The track ends like that because it moves right into "Tattoo" without a pause in the music. I had to make an abrupt edit, it was the only way to do it. I almost didn't use the song because of it. However, I decided that the song was so well performed, and Pete's intro worked so well as an intro to the whole compilation, that I just had to use it.

So that is that about that.
04-02-03 08:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The art for the "Blame it on the Stones - Licked dips and wet noodles" bootleg is already up, it prints fantastic!

It's a word document with the image on it.

LICK, DOWNLOAD AND PRINT!

Thanks to our CEO Nasty Habits!

This is just the front cover, the WORD document has it all.

04-03-03 03:12 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I have my own copy of "Blame it on the Stones - Licked dips and wet noodles", I'm in track three and can't resist about the laugh and the great music & lyrics

It's a fucking great idea and what a great compilation!!

THANKS NASTY HABITS!!

I'm in track 4 and couldn't wait to post
04-03-03 05:47 PM
throbby Yes Nasty!, a great fucking disc. Thank you.

For those in need I can burn you a copy.
04-04-03 05:22 AM
Zeeta Yes = all good + I can burn PM me with details if u want a copy!
04-04-03 02:12 PM
Gazza Nasty

dont know your e-mail address and dont seem to be able to p.m. you, just I'm just posting a public thank you here for the mysterious package which arrived at Gazza Towers yesterday

No return address on it, no name of sender and the only inkling I had was an "Asheville NC" postmark - I didnt know I was getting this and didnt even know you had my home address, you crafty swine!!

many thanks to you and SS for circulating these great discs. I really appreciate it
04-04-03 02:39 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I didnt even know you had my home address, you crafty swine!!

My minions are everywhere, Gazza!
04-04-03 11:48 PM
Fiji Joe Got my copy courtesy of Martha...anyone who needs a copy let me know
04-09-03 10:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Just a reply to keep this on top

Remember that after this board reaches 150 topics, the last 50 are moved to an archive, including the sticky messages.

The archives are located at http://novogate.com/boards/archive.php?boardid=968
04-11-03 02:01 PM
Nasty Habits So what's the news, my fellow babies?

Is there anything on Blame It on the Stones that you love?

More importantly, is there anything you hate?

Solicitation of opinion starts right here!
04-17-03 02:03 PM
stonedinaustralia nasty - mine arived this a.m. as per my email - i'm working up one hell of a review

in the meantime thanks again

i'm digging the white stripes big time

and more info on "the storm" if you please

and linda lu she's the girl for me and the girl for you ...

and i love the cover art - that 'lipstick message on the motel bedromm mirror' feel - perfect - beautiful - so STONES!! - and the post modern exile arrangement on the wall - including my avatar - out of siiiight

reminds me of patsy cline yet there's so much more (yes so much more) to say - and i still hope to say it

that CD is like a loaded weapon - let's hope no-one gets hurt

brilliant!!
04-21-03 10:26 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I received the art of "WE LOVE YOU" by Sir Stonesalot, it will be up tomorrow or as soon as the website if up and running again. I'm just repliying to avoid this message to go to the archives... and to let yuou know about the art coming
04-22-03 01:40 PM
FPM C10 Nasty -

Nemaste! "Blame It On The Stones" is spectacular. My current fave is New Bomb Turks' "Summer Romance". That's the way that was MEANT to sound!

SS gave me a copy, which I gave to Dandelion after burning myself a copy. I need to know where, at this late date, I can find the cover art.

Page: 1 2 3

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003