ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Bang by TT!
Radrennbahn Weisensee, East Berlin, German Democratic Republic - 13th August 1990

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Got WEED if you want it ==> "Blame it on the Stones" and "We Love You" compilations Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
03-21-03 10:29 AM
Nasty Habits Greetings lays and gennlmen --

My copy of the legendary WEED CD "WE LOVE YOU", manufactured and compiled by the good Sir Stonesalot, has at last arrived in my Post Office Box, and I am henceforth announcing that I am ready to send it on out there into the world to whomever and whichever the next three people who agree to accomodate some future disiree for this masterpiece of compilational splendor plus one poor burnerless soul who wishes only to enjoy it in peace.

Those who wishes to receive a totally free, no trade necessary, no further purchase required copy need only PM Nasty Habits here at the Rocks Off website and we shall see what we can do!

Other copies of this weed, plus its tracklist and such, are available aqu�:

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/146164-1.html

(and in actual fact I already have one RO member signed up for this weed and so I have room for two more burner people and one who technology has left behind . . .)

IN ADDITION to "We Love You" I have taken inspiration from SS and have created my own highly floatational and educational compilation CD called "BLAME IT ON THE STONES" which I shall be weeding out in this thread as well to those of you still paying attention. This strange CD is a combination of songs ABOUT the Rolling Stones, completely obscure COVER VERSIONS of Stones songs by a wide variety of punk rock, rock and roll, and soul bands, songs ASSOCIATED with the Stones in other versions, and songs that the Rolling Stones HAVE COVERED that for one reason or another may be difficult to find. The bulk of this collection was taken from obscure vinyl sources and may be difficult for you aluminumati to acquire, so leave it to the vinylphile to weed them to you.

Keep in mind that this CD was done with tongue in cheek as well as sticking out of mouth. There is no doubt that some of you will HATE some of the tracks on this comp, although I think it is pretty amusing and at times hilarious and am pleased with its flow. I have tried to include something for everyone, but if you have no sense of humor about the Stones I highly recommend you leave BLAME IT ON THE STONES alone.

Same rules apply to this here weed as apply to the Stonesalot weed -- please PM me specifying whether you wish to receive WE LOVE YOU, BLAME IT ON THE STONES, or both. Three slots for both plus a burnerless soul -- you must agree to pass what you receive on to other members of this board and/or the Stones community. Sir Stonesalot and the Unholy Trilogy will receive complimentary copies, as seems proper etiquette.

And herewith lies the tracklist for the new weed:

1. SOFT BOYS -- Only the Stones Remain - may or may not be about the Rolling Stones but I've always heard it that way and so here it is
2. THE TELEFONES -- She's in Love with the Rolling Stones (hilarious new wave tune about some poor slog whose chick won't ball him because she loves the Stones too much)
3. THE STATICS - I Sold My Soul (to the Rolling Stones) - obnoxious and retarded punk rock number about meeting Brian Jones at the crossroads
4. NEW BOMB TURKS - Summer Romance - burning punk cover
5. ARTHUR CONLEY - Let's Go Steady - Soul number sung by Keith at Emotional Rescue sessions, unreleased. This version is the b-side to "Sweet Soul Music".
6. JOE TEX - I'm a Man
7. STEVIE WONDER - I Don't Know Why I Love You - Stones covered this on Metamorphosis
8. GANGSTERS OF LOVE - Sympathy for the Devil - Hilarious Funkadelic style version from the early 70s
9. THE LEFT REVEREND EUGENE McDANIELS - Jagger the Dagger - bizarre soul/jazz/funk "sermon" on Mick Jagger's . . . dick . . . basically.
10. RAY SHARPE - Linda Lu - Original version of tune Stones covered at the Some Girls sessions
11. CHESTERFIELD KINGS - I Can See It - Cover of unreleased Stones tune
12. FLAMIN' GROOVIES - Jumpin Jack Flash - Blazing cover based on the version of the song from the '68 video.
13. DEVIL DOGS - It's Not Easy - more retarded fast punk
14. WHITE STRIPES - Stop Breaking Down - live on the BBC
15. THE SCREWS - The Storm - Sloppy but soulful cover of this amazing b-side
16. SHADOWS OF NIGHT - Let It Rock - Chicago's best 60s garage band burns through this number live
17. LOS APSON - Satisfaccion -- Mexico City 60s garage version in Spanish!
18. OS BAOBAS - Pintada de Preto - Brazilian 60s version of Paint It Black
19. REIGNING SOUND - I'd Much Rather Be with the Boys - Memphis underground legend Greg Cartwright's excellent version of the Metamorphosis tune makes it rock!
20. WILMER AND THE DUKES - I'm Free - 60s soul version
21. THE EIGHTH DAY - Too Many Cooks - Original version (or one of them) of the Mick Jagger/John Lennon unreleased single
22. STAPLES SINGERS - The Last Time - Song that inspired the Stones "original".
23. KRIS KRISTOFFERSON - Blame It On the Stones
24. GILDA RADNER - Gimmie Mick -- Gilda imitates Patti Smith singing a fake song about how much she loves Mick Jagger

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
03-21-03 01:08 PM
Maxlugar Nasty,

Your '81ery will be done this weekend. I'm really behind! Sorry!

M!
03-21-03 01:17 PM
Nasty Habits No worries Maxinc - My cup runneth over and the table is oh so full.

Do you want a copy of my latest weird ass compilation -- BLAME IT ON THE STONES, described in the post above? I guarantee you parts of it will wake up little Maxlette and make her cry!

And I have not forgotten that I am creating a little King Records/Hank Ballard/Wynonie Harris etc. sampler for your 6000 disc CD changer -- I will get to it.

Can you please tell me what there is to love about that Who song Athena? I have tried to love it, but it does not move me. The wife tells me it is great, and tries to explain why it is wonderful, but I find myself grouchy whenever I hear it. I always think about that video with Roger Daltrey in that gay white shirt. What am I missing?

Help!

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
03-21-03 01:41 PM
Maxlugar NARSTY!

Nah, I'll pass on the compilation described above. But I can't wait for the udder stuff!

Regarding Athena, I guess it's actually Rogers vocal. To me, he does a real good job there. The lyrics are quite inventive too. The whole A-Bomb as a lover thing. Nicely done by Petey. He was quite focused for that one. This was, afterall, before the internet, so...

MACKY!
03-21-03 02:36 PM
Joey " Can you please tell me what there is to love about that Who song Athena? I have tried to love it, but it does not move me . "

Nasty ..............................

You make Joey very very sad .

03-21-03 02:44 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Can you please tell me what there is to love about that Who song Athena? I have tried to love it, but it does not move me . "

Nasty ..............................

You make Joey very very sad .

If that makes you sad you should hear what I have to say about Gaucho and especially that soulless abortion Two Against Nature!

03-21-03 02:44 PM
Factory Girl Joey, why don't you tell Nasty what there is to love about Athena! You, as a big Who fan, should be able to do that!
03-21-03 02:48 PM
Nasty Habits Thanks FG! Obviously all I am looking for here is a little aesthetic information! It's not like I am claiming the government is bombing Iraq with melted copies of my beloved Dirty Work like SOME people . . .

I'd play It's Hard again to figure it out for myself, but all my turntables refuse to track that record, and since no one ever bought a CD of It's Hard no one's ever traded it in . . .
03-21-03 02:51 PM
Joey " especially that soulless abortion Two Against Nature! "

Ah , excuse me Chief , but that so called " Soul-less Abortion " won the Grammy for Album of the Year in 2001 .

You really should attend a " Steely Dan " concert and then thank me later .

JACKY !

03-21-03 02:52 PM
Factory Girl You're most welcome, my Nasty friend! I do like "You better, You bet!" However, I realize that this factoid does not help you!
03-21-03 03:04 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Joey wrote:
" especially that soulless abortion Two Against Nature! "

Ah , excuse me Chief , but that so called " Soul-less Abortion " won the Grammy for Album of the Year in 2001 .

You really should attend a " Steely Dan " concert and then thank me later .

JACKY !

Time Out of Mind withstanding, there is no reason to assume that anything that won a grammy in the last 15 years had any soul to it whatsoever.

Don't get me wrong - I think that Steely Dan LPs 2-4 are 70s rock at its finest. But I have contemplated their live recordings since their "rebirth", and I have shuddered. Then I have rolled over and fallen asleep.

Nighty!

03-21-03 03:15 PM
Joey " But I have contemplated their live recordings since their "rebirth", and I have shuddered. Then I have rolled over and fallen asleep. "

Nasty , you make Joey cry and snort snot !

Why ???????????????? WHY ???????? Why must you make Joey cry so violently ?

JACKY !
03-21-03 03:21 PM
Maxlugar NACKY!

Do you know Joey said this in response to a comment I made about the Who sucking royal moose balls since '78?:

Joey: "Damn Straight .......................At least The Who knew when to quit making records ."

Is he implying The Rolling Stones should have hung it up long ago.

Why would a Rolling Stones fan say this?

Why.

WHY?????

Do you know Nasty?

TIA!

M The ACKY!
03-21-03 03:33 PM
Nasty Habits I don't get it at all Max --

Does he mean the Stones should have called it quits after Some Girls?

I thought Joey's favorite Stones album was Tattoo You . . .

Doesn't Joey love Almost Hear You Sigh and Out of Tears and Always Suffering?

I think that he wishes that the Stones would have recorded more middle of the road ballads and won more Grammies so they would be more like Steely Dan.

It is obvious that the real reason he hates Dirty Work so much is that he secretly hates hard driving, face scratching, back breaking, gut wrenching rock and roll.

Which leads me to one inescapable conclusion:

Joey didn't die before he got old!

NAPPY!

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
03-21-03 03:45 PM
Joey " Joey didn't die before he got old! "

You make Joey say , " I ain't no Keith Moon ! "

03-21-03 03:50 PM
Maxlugar Nasty,

Your theory is illuminating.

Joey indeed HAS always like the softer side of rock.

You don't suppose he likes Air Supply and Toto, do you?

Steely Dan's music is akin to the off-yellow, sticky film of weeks old urine that collects under the toilet seat: Hardly ever seen and disturbing when discovered.

Yet he loves it!

[Edited by Maxlugar]
03-21-03 03:58 PM
Joey " Steely Dan's music is akin to the off-yellow, sticky film of weeks old urine that collects under the toilet seat: Hardly ever seen and disturbing when discovered. "

********************* NEW MATERIAL ALERT ******************

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELCOME BACK MAXY !!!!!!!

J.
03-21-03 04:09 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

You don't suppose he likes Air Supply and Toto, do you?

Word is he bought the FM Soundtrack not only for the Steely Dan song but the Linda Rondstadt version of "Tumbling Dice"!

03-21-03 04:15 PM
Joey " Word is he bought the FM Soundtrack not only for the Steely Dan song but the Linda Rondstadt version of "Tumbling Dice"! "

How did you know ???????? Waddy Wachtel( sic ) plays a mean guitar on THAT one .

JACKY !

03-21-03 04:17 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Word is he bought the FM Soundtrack not only for the Steely Dan song but the Linda Rondstadt version of "Tumbling Dice"! "

How did you know ????????

Joey, I can see for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles.

Knowsty!

03-21-03 04:27 PM
Factory Girl You boys are bad-making fun of Joey because he's special!

And yet, No One has mentioned the Foo-Foo factor of Steely Dan!

Yes, Steely Dan played at the Howe Academy!
03-21-03 06:36 PM
throbby I can burn copies Nasty, let me help.
03-21-03 07:20 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Joey wrote:
" Steely Dan's music is akin to the off-yellow, sticky film of weeks old urine that collects under the toilet seat: Hardly ever seen and disturbing when discovered. "

********************* NEW MATERIAL ALERT ******************

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELCOME BACK MAXY !!!!!!!

J.

Joey,

You are a good muse and I'm lucky. You constantly push me to new heights.

Without you, I do not go on.

Your cyber pal,

Maxy.
03-21-03 08:23 PM
Nasty Habits Throbby -- check your PMs.

03-22-03 08:38 AM
Honky Tonker How is the song "Keith Don't Go" by Nils Lofgren? Does anybody know anything about a song with the chorus "Keith Richards"?
03-22-03 06:07 PM
Joey " You are a good muse and I'm lucky. You constantly push me to new heights. "

Maxy , I would like to clutch your massive , corpulent , bristling body to my bosom , softly stroke and breathe on your little Maxy forehead , and just say " Thanks " for being you .................

A Quick Run Down on why a good Muse is so necessary to Quality posting , shall we ? :

The following is excerpted from this month's " Posting News " ( located in quality bookstores world wide ) :

1. " Max - Lug - ar , How come you taste so good ? " -- This is the Revolver of posting . Visceral yet vital in nature , this post broke all the rules and continues to move to the top of every critics No. # 1 Posting list .

2. " McCanns " -- This is the Sgt. Pepper of posts . A flawless masterpiece that reflects Maxlugar at his peak ( And what a peak it was ) . Everyone in the world " borrows " from this one and why not ??????? This orb was never the same after it publication .

3. " Lotus Couch " -- The White Album of posts . Long overshadowed by McCanns due to its slight disjointedness and enormous length , this work treds new ground with its playful and infectious inflections that betray the feckless writing going on at the boards during this time period . Warning ........Maxy would move to Long Island a few months after its publication ( Bad Omen Here ) .

4. " Some Thoughts " -- MaxLugar's Abby Road and his final masterpiece . This post's pure lucidness and coherent analysis was the author's true gift to the world -- as if he knew it would be his last great work . With a mansion , wife and children ( daughter named BRIANNA -- Get it ? ) to take care of , life's concerns and daily complexities would divide his attention and consume his time .

-- Thank You

JACKY !

03-22-03 06:30 PM
icydanger

boot legging

sorry

jeopardy
i hardly know what song is where
im after maths st(r)uck

i like ...dirty work & she's the boss
+ the 4 fan performance
steeling in black

the keys/th no idea i forgot
He has them
03-23-03 12:49 PM
Martha Nasty....am I too late? I signed up but haven't heard from you. PM me!
03-23-03 01:16 PM
Nasty Habits Martha:

Check your PM.

I guess this is as good a time as any to announce that I am full up on both BLAME IT ON THE STONES and WE LOVE YOU but you should watch this space for future weeders.

Joey loves CSN but hates Y!

03-23-03 01:32 PM
Factory Girl Martha, I can help you out when I get it.
Page: 1 2 3

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003