ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Meredith Hunter by Beth Bagby
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why the press said "Tattoo You", the last good album Return to archive
05-21-02 11:45 PM
Soldati The best song from Undercover (She Was Hot) never was played live.
"One Hit" is for me one of the last best songs of the Stones and only was played in 1989
Steel Wheels: When I heard (from the album) "Sad Sad Sad", "Mixed Emotions" and "Hold On To Your Hat" I jump from the chair, three killers songs, but the live performances of "Sad Sad Sad" and "Mixed Emotions" are too bad for me and "Hold On..." never was performed.
"Voodoo Lounge" live performances: Love is Strong is the best for me but:
You Got Me Rocking??
Sparks Will Fly??
Out Of Tears??
I Go Wild (anybody heard a good version of this?)

The albums of the Stones (from Undercover to the present) are good (less some songs of Dirty Work) but they don't play good the songs and the press said: "The last good album was Tattoo You".
Why The Press Said This?. I got the answer:
1- The Last #1 Album of the Stones in USA was "Tattoo You"
2- The singles of the Stones: "Start me Up" (from Tattoo You) was their most successful hit in the USA with 24 weeks on the singles chart (and went #2). Since 1981 the Stones only got 3 more top 10 singles (Undercover of the night, Harlem Shuffle and Mixed Emotions) but the live versions not catch at the people.
In the 90's the Stones only put 5 songs in the USA singles chart and his best position was #50 with "Almost Hear You Sigh". "Saint Of Me" is famous by (Oh Yeah!, Oh Yeah!) but not is a Stones classic.
The Stones not catch at the people with a good song since "Start Me Up" (or like much with "Mixed Emotions")
For me his finest moment finish in 1981, from this year we conform with which they continue together and that they record some good songs. Regrettably the Stones simply won't catch to the audience with a new good song because "Virgin" (the worst company in the story of the Stones) doesn't promote the singles.
Now we expect songs like "Highwire" and "Sex Drive", good songs, they will play the new songs in the World Tour and then will buried in the past.

[ Sorry For The English II ]
05-22-02 01:49 AM
DCStonesFan Let us not forget that the press now blames George Bush for 9-11. My advice....Fuck the press!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.