ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Meredith Hunter by Beth Bagby
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: All criticizes at the Stones... Return to archive
05-20-02 02:21 PM
Soldati The people criticizes:
the high ticket prices
they don't make a new album
his aptitude in the lasts years (arrogant, for some)

Some Stones Dates:

39 years together without ruptures
25 Studio Albums (1 album every 2 years)
335 Songs Edited (include b-side and live songs not include in studio albums [like Going To A Go-Go - More Than 8 Songs (average) edited by year]
Tours in the years 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1976, 1978, 1981, 1982, 1989, 1990, 1994, 1995, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002 (tour every 2 years)
More songs coming up in September (4 on the album, 1 like a b-side)
A World Tour coming up...

They are a legend:
they don't have necessity to continue recording new songs (but they make them)
they don't have necessity to make concerts with more than 1.700 done in his history (but they make them)

They also criticize Mick:
What Star passed 22 years to publish their first solo album?
Members of: The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, The Who and many others, recorded solos albums at the little time of leaving.
If it not was by Mick the Stones would not be together (nobody remembers the 70�s with completely absent Keith and Mick organizing the albums, the tours, the promotions...)
Mick Taylor said that he left because he didn't believe that the group would last a lot of time more. Bill said that Mick Jagger & Ronnie Wood maintained together the band.

What happens is that they are still alive. When they are dead or separated all will say: "The Rolling Stones were incredible, they recorded incredible albums, they recorded incredible songs, they made incredible tours, they were the best band without doubts"
With how many artists it passed this, in life they were not recognized and when all died they made homages and some sold more album than being alive (Elvis, Queen, for example)

The Rolling Stones never had the recognition that they deserved.
I cannot understand like they say what Some Girls "the last respectable album" with albums like Tattoo You, Undercover, or Steel Wheels

Sorry for my English...
05-20-02 02:39 PM
gimmekeef You make a very valid statement and I agree that the Stones take a lot of flack.However when they closely align themselves with the likes of Ticketmaster and charge big ticket prices then there is going to be criticism.I still luv em though!!!!!!
05-20-02 02:44 PM
jb God Bless you Soldati-finally a true fan-very rare to find on Stone sites!
05-21-02 12:21 PM
Vile Dance It kind of goes with the territory I guess. I phoned an old friend of mine the other night whom I hadn't spoke to for awhile. We go back a long time...jr. high in the 60's and all that...way, way back. I just, in passing kind of, asked him if he had seen the Stones press conference, and I thought he was going to tear me a new asshole on the spot. He went on a 3-4 minute anti-Stones tirade which I didn't expect at all. He can like who he wants you know, but what surprised me and took me aback was how viscious it was. I can take that from critics but when you get that stuff from someone you respect...and who should know better, it makes one wonder if something in the air. I get it but I don't. Maybe I'm just as bad (I hope not) with artists I don't like but some people, perhaps alot, don't like the Stones. i don't mind if they don't "like" em but why this attitude of obnoxious disrespect by some people.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

05-21-02 12:37 PM
jb Because Stones make most losers feel insecure with their pathetic lifes...truthfully, you have to be well off to like the stones...avg Joe is envious of their lifestyle and the fact Mick still bags 20 year olds...

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.