ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Meredith Hunter by Beth Bagby
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fed Ex field may be cancelled Return to archive
05-20-02 10:14 AM
jb While sales for most shows have sold out, Fed Ex has only sold around 20,000 for Stdium show! Inside sources say show may be cancelled and movwed to MCI ...Washington sucks!
05-20-02 10:53 AM
sandrew I'd be very surprised if that happened. This is a very wealthy market, and they've never had a problem selling out here before. Hell, they opened the '94 tour here. Plus, by all accounts they're planning to do an MCI Center show anyway, Oct. 5.
05-20-02 10:53 AM
TomL I hope your wrong. The Vet and Boston haven't sold out yet either.
05-20-02 11:05 AM
sandrew If they have trouble selling out the bigger shows this year, I would say it serves them right. I hate to take the populist line on this, but they'd have absolutely no trouble selling out multiple stadium shows in the same market if ticket prices were at all reasonable.
05-20-02 11:44 AM
nankerphelge How in the hell could they move a show to MCI when all the tickets were sold based on FedEx? No fucking way -- can you imagine the headaches -- cannot happen. What is more likely is a fire-sale to unload the top-end FedEx tickets.

I doubt they would cancel the show -- half a loaf is better than none at all and the publicity backlash of cancelling shows would be embarrasing.
05-20-02 11:49 AM
Nellcote Just went on Ticketthief site for CMGI, although it
says tickets on sale, you can enter 1 person for a request, response is none available. Radio here in Boston area has been reporting since last week CMGI sold out, now Fleet is sold out, forget Orpheum. Too bad about Fedex, if it's true

Keep on rockin!

Nellcote
05-20-02 11:52 AM
Nasty Habits jb --

I am wondering what inside sources are telling you this --
I am very interested in how ticket sales are actually going for the various and sundry venues -- are they actually selling out, or are they selling out a limited number of tickets to make the demand for the shows seem greater than it really is? Is there someplace where a person can find the actual number of tickets sold to the shows so far?

a curious Nasty

05-20-02 01:07 PM
jb I don't have any inside info-it is just based on the fact people are having no troble still getting field sits...this show seems like the only one so far that just has not moved fast.
05-20-02 01:50 PM
gimmekeef It does seem strange that no news of instant sell outs or record breaking times are being released.I wonder too how its going.This presale crap is bad business and when all the horror stories come out the band will catch even more bad media play.(I know they could give a shit but..).I think they are holding back to create more demand and lets face it some fans are waiting for a chance at an inside arena or club versus stadium so not eveyone who is likeley to go has stepped to the window yet..PS What is a Sam Goody and why should I pay that A-HOLE anything for the right to pre buy????
05-20-02 03:35 PM
Stonzy78 Just been checking ticketmaster.com and all that comes up for this show is $90.00 upper--unless you want 1 ticket you can get them for $90 in the back of the field. All the other price selections are unavailable from tix ranges from 1 to 12!!Its not getting cancelled!!!
05-20-02 04:25 PM
jb Thanks for info and I apologize if I gave misinformation.
05-20-02 04:35 PM
nankerphelge Well, you were right about one thing -- the DC market has been very slow -- and that does suck. This area is full of people that will shell out big bucks for just about anything -- would you pay more than about $5 for a ticket to a Skins game? Not me!

But give them the World's Greatest and suddenly everyone gets stingy.
05-20-02 04:41 PM
swapwoodfortaylor Cancellations due to poor sales? Nothing new here! Atlanta and Paris shows pulled on last tour. Tickets were reasonably priced then too.
05-20-02 05:42 PM
Joey Sad ..... Sad ............ Sad !

Unbelievable . Hell , even the WHO sold out that venue .

Petey Boy Joey

05-21-02 04:05 PM
jb They played Paris in 97 on B2B, but made it 1 show with 80,000 at the new stadium...It was Mick'sthday and I think Dylan opened.. Atlanta had 50,000 at georgia dome in 97..I don't think they went to Atlanta on No Security...
05-21-02 04:10 PM
Gazza Paris BTB show was 25th july 1998..not 1997..I was at that one. youre sort of right about mick's birthday because the proposed second show was suposed to be on the 26th but was cancelled. The stadium was seriously overfilled on the 25th as tickets for both days ended up being valid.

Dylan didnt open at that show ( I wish!) It was,if I remember right a French band called Telephone (?)

Bob DID open for the Stones at a French show in 1995 however ..in Montpelier...that one was the day AFTER Mick's birthday (27th July!)

05-21-02 04:16 PM
Gazza ..I dont recall an Atlanta gig being cancelled for poor sales either..when was that???
05-21-02 11:08 PM
Oatsdad "Unbelievable . Hell , even the WHO sold out that venue ."

Which venue?
05-21-02 11:19 PM
Oatsdad Here's what's wrong with the Internet:

First JB posted:

"While sales for most shows have sold out, Fed Ex has only sold around 20,000 for Stdium show! Inside sources say show may be cancelled and movwed to MCI"

And then he wrote:

"I don't have any inside info-it is just based on the fact people are having no troble still getting field sits...this show seems like the only one so far that just has not moved fast."

In other words, JB MADE UP information based on his own ASSUMPTION and pretended that he had "inside info". From this a bunch of people got scared because they thought he might actually know something true, whereas he really just guessed and passed it off as fact.

If you don't KNOW something, don't post it that way. If you want to say you're AFRAID that a show will be cancelled because you THINK sales are slow, then write that - don't claim to have "inside info" when you're just talking from inside your own asshole. I was happy to see the apology, but I don't understand your motivation - why pretend you KNEW something you didn't? It's exceedingly arrogant and irresponsible...
05-22-02 09:27 AM
Joey 'If you don't KNOW something, don't post it that way. If you want to say you're AFRAID that a show will be cancelled because you THINK sales are slow, then write that - don't claim to have "inside info" when you're just talking from inside your own asshole. I was happy to see the apology, but I don't understand your motivation - why pretend you KNEW something you didn't? It's exceedingly arrogant and irresponsible... '

Amen , my Brother ...........

05-22-02 02:22 PM
jb I made a mistake in judgment...I am deeply embarrassed!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.