ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Meredith Hunter by Beth Bagby
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jerry's Hall of learning Return to archive
05-19-02 08:00 AM
CS JERRY'S HALL OF LEARNING
11:00 - 18 May 2002

Heads are sure to turn at a West university after it emerged yesterday students could be joined on campus by supermodel and actress Jerry Hall.

The long-legged Texan ex-wife of Mick Jagger has decided to go back to university aged 45 to help convince her four children to put further education firmly before fame.

Hall, who has been working hard to establish herself as a stage actress, enrolled with the Open University last year and is studying for a BA in Humanities.

She now plans to enrol in the OU's summer camp and will join fellow students at either the University of Bath or the University of Stirling, in central Scotland, this summer.

Speaking at the Cannes film festival, Hall said: "I decided to study for a degree because I thought it would inspire my children to go to university and set a good example."

But eldest child Elizabeth appears to have taken no notice and has chosen to emulate Jerry's modelling career instead.

The 18-year-old beauty is a regular fixture on the catwalks and recently appeared alongside supermodel Kate Moss at a fashion show put on by actress and designer Sadie Frost.

But the other children, James, 16, Georgia, 10, and four-year-old Gabriel, could yet be inspired by their mother's love of learning.

Hall also announced plans to return to the West End after impressing critics with her performance as Mrs Robinson in The Graduate. She will appear in the stage version of All About Eve next February in the part made famous by Bette Davis.

Before that she will star in Benchmark, a new play at London's Hampstead Theatre in September.

She recently toured in the play Picasso's Women and appeared in The Vagina Monologues in London and America.

"I like appearing on stage. I love the audience and find it very exciting. It's instant gratification, " she said.

05-19-02 12:30 PM
Robert Schneeweiss I wouldn't mind putting in a few extra hours of studying with Ms. Hall, and in a few years, perhaps Georgia as well.

05-21-02 10:32 AM
Vile Dance I'm really glad the writer of this article saw fit to remind us all that Jerry Hall has long legs.

What's that got to do with Higher Education?????

[Edited by Vile Dance]
05-21-02 10:33 AM
jb It's interesting...once Jerry and Mick spilt, I could give a flying fuck about what Jerry does...
05-21-02 02:30 PM
Vile Dance "instant gratification"????

Yeah sounds good to me!
05-21-02 02:40 PM
gypsy So, Robert, you're waiting 'til Georgia turns 13?
05-21-02 10:27 PM
Robert Schneeweiss What does Jagger sing in Stray Cat Blues?...15 years old...close enough...Bear in mind I'm a lot younger then most people on this board, and besides, I'm not suggesting that I'd have sex with a 13 year old...ones never too young to share a great mind and perhaps a mouth to mouth study break. Enjoy the upcoming tour Gypsy.

quote:
gypsy wrote:
So, Robert, you're waiting 'til Georgia turns 13?

05-21-02 10:45 PM
gypsy Relax, I was only teasing...but, thou protesteth too much!
05-22-02 11:34 AM
Robert Schneeweiss That's cool, I'm not protesting. I just consider myself to be classier than the common clay, so I wouldn't want my statements misconstrued. Granted, my age range isn't exactly normal (I'm attracted to both older and younger women), but if there is a shared attraction and common interests, who cares?

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.