ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Meredith Hunter by Beth Bagby
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Favourite Stones Album Cover Return to archive
05-18-02 10:53 AM
Scot Rocks What's everyones favourite stones cover? I would say mine has to be Sticky Fingers - one of the all time best covers -however Some Girls and Exile are also very cool.

Mark
05-18-02 11:14 AM
FPM C10 Their album art is divided between really incredible (like the ones you mentioned - with artists of the calibre of Andy Warhol and Robert Frank involved - or lousy, like Steel Wheels.

I think my own personal favorite is Between The Buttons. They just look SO wasted - effete and dangerous simultaneously, like a Clockwork Orange gang out for a bit of the old ultra-violence after a visit to the Moloko bar.
When I was a kid I used to just stare at that picture (it was actually the picture sleeve of Ruby Tuesday/LSTNT, but same picture).

Another fave is No Stone Unturned, for the same reasons.
05-18-02 01:51 PM
marko Good question,,my favorite ones are
1.sticky
2.undercover
3.some girls
05-18-02 04:10 PM
Gazza most of the recent ones have been pretty unininspiring

I like the mug shot ones....Black & Blue I always liked, especially Charlie's expression - he looks like a really nasty piece of work in that one!

I still think the whole "Some Girls" sleeve concept is hard to beat (the band profiles inside are a riot too..)

Also love "get yer ya-ya's out" - not least because,as a Dylan fan, the sleeve has a lyrical nod to a line from my favourite Dylan song ever, "Visions Of johanna" (ie "jewels and bincoulars hang from the head of the mule"..)
05-21-02 10:15 AM
Vile Dance Maybe people don't care as much about cover art as they did when vinyl was still around. Bigger is better ... maybe???
I was rummaging around my old man's cluttered garage a month or so back and ran into my old IORR vinyl cover, ..no record inside. Anyway I left it there. Maybe I should've grabbed it???????!!???

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.