ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Happy Birthday Gazza!!!
© Dave McGough spoiled by Voodoo Chile - Words © Jair "Coca Buena" Mota!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Venue for 1963 gig needs help! Return to archive
22nd May 2007 02:47 PM
BornIn63 Hi Everyone

Anyone remember the early days when the Stones were barely known? In 1963 they toured extensively throughout the UK, playing over 300 times (308 I think), trying to get themselves known. In August '63 they played at a place called St Leonard's Hall in Horsham. The long and the short of this message is to say that the hall, including the original stage, is still there and it's where I'm based as a youth worker and it needs help! At the time of their appearance, the hall was 24 years old and today it is 68 years old. If the Stones were to return to play today they would find the building almost exactly as it was all those years ago with very little having been done to modernise it. The Community Hall, situated in East Horsham, is in desperate need of bringing up to date, essential repairs and refurbishment.

An appeal has been launched so that the Community Hall will continue to be used by many people in the future.

As part of this, I'm looking for sponsorship and the bonus is that, in return, you could win a holiday or other prize. Just go to the web site at http://www.tobyfundraising.org.uk or cut to the chase and go to http://www.justgiving.com/tobyfundraising, be as generous as you can and maybe you'll soon be enjoying some beers in Spain or France.

Cheers, thanks for your help.

Toby
22nd May 2007 04:17 PM
Saint Sway you're in luck!!

The Voodoo Pugs traditionally pay bars to ALLOW them to play there.

http://www.geocities.com/thevoodoopugs/main

sure they suck, but they pay for their own gigs

good luck
22nd May 2007 04:29 PM
pdog after CBGB's closed, I gave up....
22nd May 2007 04:49 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:
after CBGB's closed, I gave up....

Dont give up.

Hilly's relocated his punk mecca to Vegas. Its set to open this spring... gonna be just like the original... K-Feds gonna perform opening night...

David Copperfield's gonna hynotize everyone into thinking its The Ramones
22nd May 2007 05:11 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Dont give up.

Hilly's relocated his punk mecca to Vegas. Its set to open this spring... gonna be just like the original... K-Feds gonna perform opening night...

David Copperfield's gonna hynotize everyone into thinking its The Ramones

Why do I picture you singing Journeys Don't Stop Believing, while I puke ever so slightly into my own mouth...?
Ha!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)