ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Happy Birthday Gazza!!!
© Dave McGough spoiled by Voodoo Chile - Words © Jair "Coca Buena" Mota!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Six never heard before songs on dvd? Return to archive
18th May 2007 11:52 AM
Poison Dart Does anybody have an any idea what these songs are or where they came from?

From what I understand they are not the cover versions that the Stones played on the tour.
18th May 2007 11:57 AM
Saint Sway the previously unreleased version of Start Me Up from Radio City.... the previously unreleased version of Honkeytonk Woman from Austin... the previously unreleased version of Jumpin Jack Flash from China...
18th May 2007 12:56 PM
glencar Are they six totally new songs or just six songs that have never been released on previous live CD/DVD releases?
18th May 2007 01:21 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Are they six totally new songs or just six songs that have never been released on previous live CD/DVD releases?

c'mon, you've been a die hard fan long enough to know the answer to this one.

why torture yourself into thinking they are gonna lay 6 newbies on us??

[Edited by Saint Sway]
19th May 2007 11:07 AM
Poison Dart Saint Sway:

I'm 99% sure your right, but IORR is reporting that "the six new songs have never been heard in any format"

Being that this is the Stones we are talking about I'm sure there is some catch to this.
19th May 2007 06:58 PM
pdog
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Saint Sway:

I'm 99% sure your right, but IORR is reporting that "the six new songs have never been heard in any format"

Being that this is the Stones we are talking about I'm sure there is some catch to this.

Those two new songs are 4 Flicks were the shit!
Shit! Shit! Shitty! Shit! Shit!
19th May 2007 09:03 PM
glencar Probably those live cover versions...
19th May 2007 11:52 PM
mac_daddy i saw mention of a duet with bonnie raitt - i am guessing that is "dead flowers" from dodger stadium, and i know pearl jam opened a gig, and i think eddie joined the stones for one tune @ that gig, so i assume that is the one w/ eddie. i bet that these (and similar situations from the abb tour) are where these tracks are coming from...

20th May 2007 06:45 AM
pdog
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
i saw mention of a duet with bonnie raitt - i am guessing that is "dead flowers" from dodger stadium, and i know pearl jam opened a gig, and i think eddie joined the stones for one tune @ that gig, so i assume that is the one w/ eddie. i bet that these (and similar situations from the abb tour) are where these tracks are coming from...

I've been dying to see the song they did with the guy in China... That's gotta rock.... Ugh!
20th May 2007 11:24 AM
Bloozehound wichita lineman
el paso
bob wills is still the king
playing the game
22nd May 2007 10:18 AM
Lord Homosex Gotta agree with SS. It's the Stones we're talkin about. The ones that offer up $80 dollar shirts for the Exile anniveray on sale at RScom.
I'm no big fan of Led Zep but look what they have given their fans. And another thing: these bands or artists of Stones' caliber have websites that offer a lot to their fans. They treat the fans right. I don't get the Stones anymore..
22nd May 2007 10:58 AM
Saint Sway I've got a crazy idea...

how about instead of hawking stupid $80 shirts, the Stones celebrate the 35 year anniversary of Exile on Main Street by playing some songs off of it other than Tumbling Dice

[Edited by Saint Sway]
22nd May 2007 11:47 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I've got a crazy idea...

how about instead of hawking stupid $80 shirts, the Stones celebrate the 35 year anniversary of Exile on Main Street by playing some songs off of it other than Tumbling Dice

[Edited by Saint Sway]

Yeah, the RS.com email mentioned "Torn and Frayed" as one of the album's "standards." So let's hear it. I liked it in '02.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)